• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxiLive

Is it normal to have a sluggish scrolling in the Steam store? I swear the damn thing feels like I'm getting 12fps in a game or something.

It has been buggy for me recently. Usually restarting the client solves it, it could just be an issue with the beta client.

SuperHans

Does Idle Master for generating cards not work as well as it used to? Haven't used it in over a year. Did Valve do something to block it?

How do you tell Steam to delete a saved game from the cloud? I tried several ways a while ago in order to clean up my bloated Witcher 3 save, but it ended up either redownloading or merging my local- and cloud saves.

I've actually never tried myself, but I would assume the way to delete something from Steam Cloud is to delete/move it locally in-game. But I imagine the process differs from game to game. As far as intentionally deleting stuff from Steam Cloud, apparently the process is not the easiest, but there do seem to be options. They all looked somewhat unreliable to me (ex. delete your save games locally while running the game in the background!) so I don't know if there's a method you maybe haven't run across yet, or if you've already tried everything I could find.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't it a F2P mobile game?

Apparently it is, looks nice though. There's a demo so I'll try it.

EDIT: Yep, lasted 5 minutes, that's a mobile game alright.

Does Idle Master for generating cards not work as well as it used to? Haven't used it in over a year. Did Valve do something to block it?

Been using it the last few days, it did 60 cards over night yesterday so seems fine for me.

Ladekabel

Maybe I'm just being impatient. I'll leave it running and see.

Some games have a really long time requirement for dropping cards even if they're just two hours long. And I think jshackles mentioned earlier that the Summer Sale Badge might block it and should be blacklisted.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
thought about getting civ 6 a try during this sale, but still €36 with macedon and persia only as dlc? lol, go fuck yourself firaxis.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Civ 6 is still $48 :/ HoI 4 isn't that cheap either.

Any JRPG recommendation that is not final fantasy?
Valkyria Chronicles if you don't mind an SRPG. Otherwise, Tales of Berseria, Ys Oath in Felghana, Xanadu Next, Trails in the Sky, Disgaea 1 or 2, Grandia 2, Phantom Brave... there's probably more I'm forgetting.

edit: Nier Automata.

LordAmused

For anybody having trouble with Steam download speeds and/or storefront lagging, clearing download cache under Settings/Download resolved all my issues. YMMV.

daxy

Yeah, it sucks that steam has no integrated management for cloud.

https://github.com/GMMan/SteamCloudFileManagerLite

I think also deleting files while game is running also works. (ie. launch game, delete files, close game and empty state gets synced)

Ooh, interesting. I'll give that a go, thanks!

I've actually never tried myself, but I would assume the way to delete something from Steam Cloud is to delete/move it locally in-game. But I imagine the process differs from game to game. As far as intentionally deleting stuff from Steam Cloud, apparently the process is not the easiest, but there do seem to be options. They all looked somewhat unreliable to me (ex. delete your save games locally while running the game in the background!) so I don't know if there's a method you maybe haven't run across yet, or if you've already tried everything I could find.

Yeah I've tried most of these but Steam cloud ended up redownloading the missing saves each time. I'll see if deleting it with the game running will work since I haven't tried that yet.

Ascheroth

Civ 6 is still $48 :/ HoI 4 isn't that cheap either.

Any JRPG recommendation that is not final fantasy?
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd
Ys Origin
Ys Oath in Felghana
Ys 1/2
Xanadu Next
NieR: Automata
Atelier Sophie

thats my bad, but there is no Heist announced as far as I know, so it had to be Dig :p

Once I saw it was Dig I had a quick google search for any info on Heist 2, found a dev last year saying they had no plans.
Dig seems to have a lot more owners than Heist (according to steamspy) so I guess it makes sense from the dev's perspective.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Hey SteamGAF, what's up?!

Been a while since I bought stuff on sale from Steam, so here's my 2 round haul ya'll:

AXo03lc.jpg

zqJ3a5s.jpg

How did I do? I missed a lot of 2016's gems so I bought more than I should've, probably.

Vlightray

Nex Machina is legit great! played solid 3hrs and loved will go back soon to finish all the levels bosses glad I got it. PS. Gtx 1060 played flawless.

The Long Dark[Early Access] Played 7hrs so far and wow the potential and time sink this game is gonna be for me. Recommended buy from me.

Regginator

FUCKKK. I accidentally bought Dark Souls III on GamesGate... I was browsing on their UK site to compare £ prices with €, and I went to checkout. You see, usually PayPal will display the converted price to € before finalizing your purchase, but this time it went straight to confirming it... WHY AND WHEN DID THEY CHANGE THIS???

Funny thing is, I was still having second thoughts (was actually waiting for it to hit €15), but now that it's done...

Anyway, for what it's worth, the difference is pretty substantial, actually. The displayed price is €21,84 on the EU site, and £14.56 on the UK site which PayPal converts to €16,58

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Don't you hate when developers/publishers dont release a sequel/prequel on a platform. (PC)

In this case I bought Fable Anniversary and will buy Fable 3 on Amazon but....there is no Fable 2 on PC anywhere.

Yeah, Fable 2 PC and Nuts & Bolts PC with Steamworks integration to facilitate the sharing of vehicle blueprints are without doubt at the top of my most wanted list. I'd hoped that Fable Anniversary being belatedly ported to the PC was a wink-wink-nudge-nudge that Fable 2 PC was finally on its way, but alas it hasn't materialised despite the former amassing ~518k sales and counting. With Fable Legends being a rotting corpse and Microsoft presumably having no interest in making Fable 4, I'd say the only hope of Fable 2 "PC" rests with MS releasing a Win10 version of its X360 emulator.

I somehow managed to hold off buying anything.

At first I was really close to buying Rocket League, but some of you told me it's best played with a controller so that turned me off since I only play with m+k.

I was then close to buying Hollow Knight or DOOM, but I'm very hit-or-miss when it comes to enjoying Metroidvania and FPS games so I decided it wasn't worth the risk until they're a little cheaper (I'm thinking $5 for HK and $10 for DOOM).

The game I want most at this point is Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition, but I held off on that too because in 18 days I'm leaving for a month-long backpacking trip, so there's no point in starting an immersive RPG right now. I'll just wait for next season's Steam sale.

Tizoc

Hey SteamGAF, what's up?!

Been a while since I bought stuff on sale from Steam, so here's my 2 round haul ya'll:

AXo03lc.jpg

zqJ3a5s.jpg

How did I do? I missed a lot of 2016's gems so I bought more than I should've, probably.

Play Might #9 first. It's a game you're gonna want to judge for yourself right off the bat :X

Endruen

At first I was really close to buying Rocket League, but some of you told me it's best played with a controller so that turned me off since I only play with m+k.

I was then close to buying Hollow Knight or DOOM, but I'm very hit-or-miss when it comes to enjoying Metroidvania and FPS games so I decided it wasn't worth the risk until they're a little cheaper (I'm thinking $5 for HK and $10 for DOOM).

The game I want most at this point is Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition, but I held off on that too because in 18 days I'm leaving for a month-long backpacking trip, so there's no point in starting an immersive RPG right now. I'll just wait for next season's Steam sale.
I've played Rocket League with M+KB just fine. It's true that the controller is better, but you won't feel that you're losing anything.

The FAQ says it'll probably be in Early Access for most if not all of 2015/16/17.

Isnt the full release supposed to be in September? Afaik the last update it got last week or 2 weeks ago stated that its the last big update before release.

Edit: Found it.

End Of September or October - Launch v1.0

Press tour around San Francisco
Price increase at v1.0
Possible Firewatch-style event at The Box
Subnautica China launch
Team trip to Hawaii? Thailand? :)
Ship date thoughts from Microsoft

I played Rocket League with a mouse and keyboard and it was fine.

I would say you're likely to want a controller for Hollow Knight though, I tried to make it work with m+kb and couldn't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom