• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eusis

The damage has already been done for most of us. I'm going on Day 6 and simply accepted that I lost access to the Market from day one. It's a good warning but just too late for most that have been using it.
Still worth bringing up since it's not like we all won there ASAP. Some may have tried for days and only just now won.

kiyomi

Is it worth getting the Dishonored GOTYE or do I just go for the base game?

I've heard only the Brigmore Witches is really "worth" the DLC purchase. What would you guys recommend?

didamangi

Still have a 50% off Endless Space - Disharmony left on my inventory that can be stack with the current deal. So if you have Endless Space and want the DLC for a bit cheaper pm me and I'll give it to you. Save a massive $1.25!! You can buy Marlow Briggs with that and still have change :p

Helmholtz

I've heard only the Brigmore Witches is really "worth" the DLC purchase. What would you guys recommend?
Consensus seems to be that GoTY edition is the way to go. Supposedly Knife and Witches are both worth it.
I only have the base game, and it's gonna stay that way until they discount that DLC a bit more than they've been doing sadly. Steam really sucks when it comes to DLC discounts vs. GOTY versions. I feel like I'm often getting screwed for just owning base games.

Still worth bringing up since it's not like we all won there ASAP. Some may have tried for days and only just now won.
Has anyone tried transferring their M&Ms money to their Google Wallet? If I win one I could theoretically transfer the money from the M&Ms card to my Google Wallet and use it from there, or (since right now mine isn't linked to Steam :/) transfer it from there to my bank account, which I do have entered on Steam. It'd take less than an hour to do.

But I am a phoneless caveman, so for me this is all hypothetical. :lol

Cerity

GOTYE.

Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore witches are very much worth it and are part of the story/world. Trials of Dunwall is great fun too if you like the mechanics.

Eusis

Hey GAF.

does Valve ban you for using trainer on non-multiplayer games? like *cough* Trine 2?
I... don't THINK so? Probably best to play it safe, but they certainly haven't been blocking off mods for games like Skyrim or Deus Ex. Probably best to check and see if that's any VAC stuff at all there as that's what'd get you banned I think.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Two questions.

Why does Sniper Elite 3 have a season pass?
Why is it named Sinper Elite 3 season pass?

It looks like it'll have a ton of pointless packs for weapons and skins.

It's named Sinper Elite 3 because reasons. Like how RE Revelaitons was called Reverations for reasons.

Schlocky

So I spent ages setting up categories in my library to make myself feel better about the amount of stuff I've never touched, got it all looking good and organised...

Logged in on my mac later and they weren't there, not too bothered. But then logged back in on pc the next day and they were gone from there too. So is that it, are the categories just gone? I'm screwed, aren't I :/

Gangxxter

I... don't THINK so? Probably best to play it safe, but they certainly haven't been blocking off mods for games like Skyrim or Deus Ex. Probably best to check and see if that's any VAC stuff at all there as that's what'd get you banned I think.
I think the same, but I'm not sure either.

jblank83

OnyhAtn.jpg

Anyone else notice valve ripped some person off? they won DLC instead of a game

Boohoo?

tylerf

any dlc worth having?even though i usually avoid them

The Old Gods is probably the best one and Legacy of Rome is nice because it adds retinues. You'd be just fine playing the vanilla game to start and buying DLC later if you want the extra content though.

Shadownet

Banned

Not that I heard of. Just make sure the game isn't VAC-protected and eventually that it has no leaderboards etc. just in case.

I modded Skyrim too and other game and nothing happened. So as long as a game is not VAC supported. I should be good?

----------------------------------------------

GAF you have 2 mins to convince me to buy Alice Madness Return!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So I spent ages setting up categories in my library to make myself feel better about the amount of stuff I've never touched, got it all looking good and organised...

Logged in on my mac later and they weren't there, not too bothered. But then logged back in on pc the next day and they were gone from there too. So is that it, are the categories just gone? I'm screwed, aren't I :/

You could try using Depressurizer for categories. I think the ones you had are gone for good.

Anustart

Infinite Herodotus slain! Now to tackle this dude behind the gold door. I think killing the extra bosses is gonna wait til I have a controller. It's tough doing all that dodging on keyboard.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Long Live the Queen recommendation I will say right now, and I will mention based on the Winter Sale, GAF loves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom