• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaleinc

Banned
you lost me. If gifts are totally unrestricted why would you need VPN? If you are asking can unrestricted gifts be made retroactively region locked, then yes, it happened too many times in the past to count already.
Well, Valiant hearts was unrestricted at first.

How many boosters did you get, using those and trading with others make badge crafting cheap, but slow.

I'm not sure, 15-20 or so. I mostly do the badge crafting when I'm listening to music. Of course I'm not really suggesting anyone should do it, but for the small amount of time it takes me during times I wouldn't be doing anything anyway it soothes my OCD well enough :p

Card Boy

Banned
Foy5I.png

Has anyone actually gotten to play The Secret World yet. I downloaded the 18 gig from Steam, now the client is patching and the number is going higher than the estamated value. 2.72 gig out of 2.2 WTF?

Also look how fucken slow it is.

nemesun

I'm not a big fan of Farcry or shooters for that matter, but I'm really contemplating buying Blood Dragon. Is it any good and do I need to have Farcry 3 to be able to play it?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
oi I said it was a +1, not a pension plan, redeem dat shit

edit: son of a whore, you guys need to post more so I dont keep double posting :(

or I need to post less... ill leave now :(

Pat & Mat x Dead Island Epidemic will become my otp, forever in my inventory until they're pulled from Steam for some reason.

Then they will become a +1. I promise that it won't be sold, though :p

Which reminds me, I've still got a copy of One Way Heroics sitting in my inventory, so now's a good a time as ever to raffle it off.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

One Way Heroics -- MB-0F8EDD5D7CE65DB2 - Taken by Oreoleo. 7 entrants total.

t1403858534z1.png

Jadax

I'm not sure, 15-20 or so. I mostly do the badge crafting when I'm listening to music. Of course I'm not really suggesting anyone should do it, but for the small amount of time it takes me during times I wouldn't be doing anything anyway it soothes my OCD well enough :p

What's the deal with booster packs - should I sell them as is, or use them?

Jadax

I feel bad for this guy who buy a huge amount of Valiant Hearts during the price glitch and thought he could make a fortune

I don't. Did you see some of the trades the pricks wanted?

Valiant: Skyrim LE

PM them to ask for price...won't go below 3k. Greedy buggers.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I feel bad for this guy who buy a huge amount of Valiant Hearts during the price glitch and thought he could make a fortune

Couldn't he still sell them for a massive profit? I mean sure his market is dramatically smaller but it's still ~$15 in the restricted region right?

Deques

Why is that? Have they locked the RU version now?

Yup

I don't. Did you see some of the trades the pricks wanted?

Valiant: Skyrim LE

PM them to ask for price...won't go below 3k. Greedy buggers.

Yeah, they are sure greedy and stupid.

Couldn't he still sell them for a massive profit? I mean sure his market is dramatically smaller but it's still ~$15 in the restricted region right?

The target is much much smaller. I don't know how many Russians actually buy games to play

didamangi

Can't say I feel the same way. He should've known better and flip it as fast as he can really, considering the price mistake and the publisher. He'd be swimming in keys if he wasn't so greedy (Assuming he still have those in his inventory.)

KJ869

Foy5I.png

Has anyone actually gotten to play The Secret World yet. I downloaded the 18 gig from Steam, now the client is patching and the number is going higher than the estamated value. 2.72 gig out of 2.2 WTF?

Funcom

Kadin

How much do you think he actually spent though? Probably not a big loss but yeah the fact that it got locked must have been pretty crushing.

Deques

Can't say I feel the same way. He should've known better and flip it as fast as he can really, considering the price mistake and the publisher. He'd be swimming in keys if he wasn't so greedy (Assuming he still have those in his inventory.)

I would make one of the sellers 1 key richer if he didn't asked for ridiculous price of it. Now he probably have a gift that he can't sell anymore (unless he sell to another Russian)

kurahador

Foy5I.png

That's just how the game is patched sadly.

At least you got all the card drops just from waiting.

Anustart

My m&m's card is still erroring out. Any kind gaffer wanna grab Sleeping dogs for me in 25 minutes with it? It's 4, so you can keep the 2 extra if you add the card via enhanced steam.

KJ869

I'm not a big fan of Farcry or shooters for that matter, but I'm really contemplating buying Blood Dragon. Is it any good and do I need to have Farcry 3 to be able to play it?

I Enjoyed Farcry 3 more of those 2 and theyre pretty similar in mechanics but not in theme. But blood dragon is steal on that price. Its enjoyable humorous experience.

Whats the next community vote? I voted at like 5am while half asleep on a trip to the bathroom. Just before I drop £7 on Goat Simulator and Far Cry.

What's the deal with booster packs - should I sell them as is, or use them?

Opening a booster pack gives you three cards from the game in question. The reason why some buy them aside fromis the small chance of getting a foil which you can then sell. I wouldn't recommend actually hoping for that though, I'm never gotten a foil from that method. Also, they could give you a more expensive card for cheaper.

It's best to sell them in most cases though unless it belongs to a game you actually want the badge for.

I picked up Blood Dragon earlier in the sale. I'm not sure how much Far Cry 3 you played but its basically a reskinned version that adds some 80s parody humor. While Far Cry and Blood Dragon were pretty fun in the beginning for me, it gets really repetitive as there isn't much mission variety.

Eusis

My m&m's card is still erroring out. Any kind gaffer wanna grab Sleeping dogs for me in 25 minutes with it? It's 4, so you can keep the 2 extra if you add the card via enhanced steam.
IF YOU WANT ACCESS TO THE MARKETPLACE DO NOT ADD THE CODE THIS WAY.

I think you can use Paypal as a proxy to get it in, at least that makes sense to me and you can always switch to your normal card for authenticating the Paypal account.

Kadin

IF YOU WANT ACCESS TO THE MARKETPLACE DO NOT ADD THE CODE THIS WAY.

I think you can use Paypal as a proxy to get it in, at least that makes sense to me and you can always switch to your normal card for authenticating the Paypal account.
The damage has already been done for most of us. I'm going on Day 6 and simply accepted that I lost access to the Market from day one. It's a good warning but just too late for most that have been using it.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
err whut? o_O

blrcva.png

It's a sign of things to come. Soon you'll be downloading the HL2 demo.

Where can you see the games that were given away to the red team for winning day 7?

It's under the summer faq under the "the rewards- free games" tab. edit- I don't think it shows exactly which games were given away on which exact day though.

Thanks Pork! Been wanting to try this one for a while :)

You're welcome! I hope you enjoy it, it's a personal favorite of the games I've played this year. $.89 is a steal for it, if anyone else is interested in it.

Majukun

got crusader kings 2 from the flash deal,i already have europa IV,80% off seemed like a good deal for the other side of paradox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom