• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Trading Cards : get trading cards and turn it into stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards

[/QUOTE]

FAQJoin the BetaShow offRewardsSteam Trading Cards
Introducing
Steam Trading Cards are virtual cards earned by playing games on Steam. Sets of cards can be turned into game badges and tradable Steam community items.
Collect cards
Play any of the participating Trading Cards Beta games to get trading cards. Up to half the card set is dropped through game play, the other half is earned through your collecting prowess.
Craft game badges
Once you’ve collected a set of cards you can craft them into a game badge. Like the current badges, they are tied to your account and are shown on your profile. Unlike the current badges, crafting games badges earns you marketable items like emoticons, profile backgrounds, and coupons. Level up your badge by collecting the set again and earning more items.
Level Up
All badges now have XP which contributes to your Steam Level, a summary of your badge collection. You can view someone’s Steam Level by hovering over their avatar. Leveling up earns you non-tradable items like profile showcases, extra friends list slots, and more.
thanks to:

Jawmuncher

Reading the page the idea seems interesting.
But personally not something is bother with.
Especially since it seems like it would be a bit of work, which others I'm sure would enjoy though.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Which games drop trading cards?
The following games are currently part of the Steam Trading Cards Beta.
  • CS:GO
  • Team Fortress 2
  • Dota 2
  • Portal 2
  • Half-Life 2
  • Don't Starve

We'll be adding more as we get them done.

My body is ready.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
When are they going to make hats you can put on your steam profile?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I guess Dota cards will be the most common, while things like Half-Life 2 will be the most uncommon.

I don't want Steam Trading Cards! I want Steam Pogs! How cool would that be?

bv1ofoxemnztddndyitwh820o1_500.png

As an old school card collector this kind of stuff always interests me for some reason, and from what I read they're not actually selling cards by themselves - something that completely dilutes market values like in Ultimate Team over time.

Will try. Need something along the lines to maybe get that good feeling I used to get during the Star Wars/Pokemon CCG days

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Well, seems like achievements give XP for your "Steam Level" :(

KingKong

Boo, to upgrade Pillar of Community you need 24/26 tasks but there are 3 tasks that you can only do with new card drops. Tricky!

"If your Steam Level increases, you'll get the limit on the size of your friends list increased by five, and potentially unlock the ability to customize your profile with showcases."

What was the max number for friends in steam?

Yes, trading cards can be traded to other users and bought or sold on the Community Market.

Signed. Earning money while playing?

n8

Unconfirmed Member
I find it humorous how you can expand your friendlist by playing games.
I can see the connection, but it's just..odd.

Uiki

Just got in..... I'm looking at the cards, but there's no explanation on how to unlock them o_O

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I guess this may convince me to finally install the copy of Half-Life 2 I've had on my Steam account for years.

Kade

Just got in..... I'm looking at the cards, but there's no explanation on how to unlock them o_O

I think they work the same way as Team Fortress 2 item drops. You play a supported game and it randomly puts a card in your inventory.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Half the set drops randomly while playing. The other half can be obtained by trading with friends.

How can I get trading cards?
Each participating game drops up to half the set of cards into your Steam inventory during gameplay. The other half of the card set can be collected from other community members. Try the beta group discussions, community market, barter with friends, and trade discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom