• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Trading Cards : get trading cards and turn it into stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coconut

Banned
Sweet digital lord, they are running a money printing racket and people are going to eat this shit up. The businessmen mind of mine salutes you

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Joined in, anyone got a beta invite.. pretty please?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
We finally get some sort of gamerscore-like metric I guess. I just hope that's retroactive for all the achievements I've already done.

Yeah, I really hope it's retroactive. It would be silly if it wasn't.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The cards say they are part of Series 1, I guess that means Valve will put more out in the future for each game. Only 8 cards per game is a bit low.

thetrin

The cards say they are part of Series 1, I guess that means Valve will put more out in the future for each game. Only 8 cards per game is a bit low.

I'm assuming future series will include more games.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Cards (well the Don't Starve ones) are linked to backgrounds. I imagine this is where the Artwork section will come into play, starting with developer made wallpapers and art, later with community items and art.

8f97b8902715cf5c716d12532e3b0ebb119340dd.png

4afbc130e82e8ca90e03f50e0aaa3779d89b60e8.png

HoosTrax

Have you guys noticed on the your profile, it says something like "3 card drops remaining" and "0 out of 5 cards collected".

So that means you can't collect all of them just by playing the game yourself right?

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Have you guys noticed on the your profile, it says something like "3 card drops remaining" and "0 out of 5 cards collected".

So that means you can't collect all of them just by playing the game yourself right?

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that it will be weekly reset just like how crate/item drops work in TF2.

Oneironaut

Neo Member

Looks that way. You'll have to trade for the other cards to complete a set.

thetrin

Yeah, you have to trade with people.

Pacman2k

Can anyone invite me?

Edit: Got one thanks!!

Also noticed I just got a new badge, Steamworks Developer. Related to this somehow?

So far I don't understand the point of this at all.
I thought the cards would do something at least. :(
So far, they're just there.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
im level 6 apparantly. is that awesome?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom