• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Trading Cards : get trading cards and turn it into stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for:
- Willow (Don't Starve)
- Wolfgang (Don't Starve)

I have for trade:
- Alyx (Half Life 2)
- Demoman (Team Fortress 2)
- Pyro (Team Fortress 2)
- Scout (Team Fortress 2)
- Heavy (Team Fortress 2)

If interested add me on steam : Snakethesniper

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
lol - 4 of 5 of my achievements in the showcase is from SMB... I have only 2 perfect games, 305 achievements and 31 % average game completion. The things you learn from whoring Steam XP! :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Any point in really keeping the cards? I think I rather just sell them and get an extra 5-6 dollars.

Valve is open to the idea of creating a meta-game to play using them, but even if this does come to pass, the prices on cards will have plummeted.

Four new games now have cards:
Monster Loves You!
Really Big Sky
Faerie Solitaire
BIT.TRIP RUNNER 2

New games will be announced on Thursday (Awesomenauts, Deadlight and Nuclear Dawn probably. I guessing from what the devs said in the past few days). So every week new games will be added every Tuesday and every Thursday.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Has anyone put together a website yet that is basically a card database? I'm curious about all the full-size art, what backgrounds and emoticons look like etc. Searching the market doesn't cut it.

Dingotech

Has anybody got a spare beta invite to the trading cards update?

This looks like a fun distraction that might get me back into playing some of my Steam games.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I kind of want to buy a few cards and craft a badge to get to level 10 so I can get a chance at a foil drop. What is wrong with me?

Has anybody got a spare beta invite to the trading cards update?

This looks like a fun distraction that might get me back into playing some of my Steam games.

The problem with it is that you have to either trade or fork out money in order to complete even a single set.

Which makes me hate the fact that I've completed the TF2 set three times now.

You can't get any of the badges without completing sets, and badges are the main source of emotes and backgrounds. The badges are what the fuss is about.

This whole system is devious.

RotBot

You can't get any of the badges without completing sets, and badges are the main source of emotes and backgrounds. The badges are what the fuss is about.

This whole system is devious.

Only if you're playing the game of "get as many badges as I can". I'm playing "see how much money I can get selling these cards".

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
have a Don't Starve! Smallbirds profile background & :dswilson: I'd like to trade for 1 new background. In the mood for something new.

Jomjom

Banned
If you've never purchased anything in Dota 2 or TF2 and didn't buy TF2 before it was F2P, it's not possible to get trading cards while playing, is that right?

I kind of want to buy a few cards and craft a badge to get to level 10 so I can get a chance at a foil drop. What is wrong with me?

Don't worry you aren't alone. I've got it even worse - I'm at level 8, but I want to buy cards to craft 2 badges before playing any of the games with trading cards because I don't want to use those chances for foils up.

Turfster

Sadly, this is no longer true.
Also, russians keep undercutting the prices by too much (or at least people using rubles)!
Bad russians! =p

Symphonic

Trading a Gordon, Alyx, and crate emote and a Soldier, Portal Intro and Tidehunter backgrounds for ANY Runner 2 cards. I fucking love BIT.TRIP.

Pls

Dingotech

You're welcome.

Too bad I have no will to play any of the trading card enabled games I have. ):

Do you actually need to play the games to get the cards, I see people on here all the time talking about 'idling' the games.

Also I just activated my invite and I see I'm 'level 8' rank. So the only way to get over this level 10 'foil' barrier is to complete game badges? I've got pillar of community level 2 to finish still, but some of them seem to involve trades/sales etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom