• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Trading Cards : get trading cards and turn it into stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
anyone have an extra beta invite or two they can send my way? i want to get my friends who don't care about this in on it so i can collect their cards.............

I've got some coupons I'm looking to trade if anyone is interested

50% off Limbo
90% off Hamilton's Great Adventure
50% off Sanctum 2
50% off Bad Bots

Trading for TF2 Cards

What does Steam consider to be in-game? The main menu? Do I have to be actively playing?

I know with L4D2 I just started a single player match and sat in the safe room. 30 mins later I had all 4 drop. I guess as long as the game is up and running it counts.

What does Steam consider to be in-game? The main menu? Do I have to be actively playing?
Look at your friends list, if it shows your status at the top as "In-Game [name of game here]" then it considers you in that game. Main menu, viewing opening movies, actually playing, whatever. If it's running, you're in-game.

dxhc99

Got coupons for those that want. Trades Welcome.

-50% Strike Suit Infinity
-25% God Mode
-50% Towns

Looking for other coupons or cards. PM me if interested.

Edit: Strike Suit code gone

Uhyve

I've got:
Alyx Vance
Gordon Freeman
Demoman
Medic
Scout
Soldier
Spy

Looking for:
Anything from Left 4 Dead 2
Portal 2 - Destruction
Portal 2 - GlaDOS
Portal 2 - The Lab
Portal 2 - Mannequin

PM me or whatever.

You know what I'll just give the coupons away if anyone wants them.

I have two left.

50% off Limbo
50% off Bad Bots

Message me on steam if you want them.

Anyone want 50% off The Bridge, 50% off Sanctum, 66% off Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity and 33% off DLC quest coupons?

Have:
Tank

Want either:
Charger
Jockey
Smoker
Spitter
Witch

scurker

I played TF2 for a while, and got 5 cards and now it says I have no more drops. Is that all I can get or do I have to craft it in order to get more?

Have (extra):
Demoman
Scout

Need:
Engineer
Pyro
Medic
Sniper
Spy

Send me a PM I guess...

Qvoth

Anyone want 50% off The Bridge, 50% off Sanctum, 66% off Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity and 33% off DLC quest coupons?

Have:
Tank

Want either:
Charger
Jockey
Smoker
Spitter
Witch

my extra smoker for your tank?
have
smoker
charger
jockey
want
gaige
salvador
handsome jack

I have:

Half-Life 2

- Alyx Vance
- G-Man
- Bring the fight to them
- City 17 Metrocop

I want:

Portal 2
- Chell
- Destruction
- Finale
- Intro

PM me or whatever

nvm, all gone

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I HAVE:
ares valkyl (2)
ares dr julia carson
l4d2 boomer
l4d2 spliter
l4d2 smoker
l4d2 tank
fs faerie world
fs fiery omen (x2)
fs dark warden (x2)

I WANT:

anything from faerie solitaire that I don't have.

My steam profile is in my gaf profile or just PM me.

I have an extra Borderlands Gaige card. Ill trade for any of the other BL2 cards except Handsome Jack because I already have that one.

Card is gone. But I do have one invite left to the beta. Whoever PM's me first can have it.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tradingcards/discussions/1/864969953748314145/#p1

JohnC -Valve- said:
Upcoming changes to the Trading Cards Beta

Thank you for all the feedback during this beta. We've been spending a lot of time helping game developers get their Trading Cards built and released, and will continue
to release new sets of cards twice a week for the foreseeable future. Participating is up to the developers, so if there’s a game you’d like to see trading cards for, you
should let them know.

We've also had time to work on some new features for the beta that we hope to release in the next week or so, based on feedback we've received:

Trade Offers: send an offer to another user of items to trade, even if they're offline, that will let them accept, decline, or make a counter-offer. You'll only be able to send trade offers to friends to start with, but if people like it we'll look into expanding it. This will also let you send an item as a gift to a friend.

Booster Packs: these will drop randomly for users who have received all their card drops from playing any given game, and who are continuing to participate in the community. Each booster pack will contain three cards for that game, and may potentially contain foils. The rate of drops will be based on how often cards are being used, to prevent too many flooding into the economy.

Game Collector Badge: A badge that grants XP based on how many games you own on Steam, to ensure that long-time users are rewarded.

Trading Card Binder: A way of showing off all the cards you've collected, including those you've crafted into a badge.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Booster Packs: these will drop randomly for users who have received all their card drops from playing any given game, and who are continuing to participate in the community. Each booster pack will contain three cards for that game, and may potentially contain foils. The rate of drops will be based on how often cards are being used, to prevent too many flooding into the economy.

So this presumably will be set up to not be easy to gain via idling

Game Collector Badge: A badge that grants XP based on how many games you own on Steam, to ensure that long-time users are rewarded.

LOL whatever, it's just a blatant cash grab and a way to connect spending money to filling bars.

Trading Card Binder: A way of showing off all the cards you've collected, including those you've crafted into a badge.

One of the reasons why the Binder is needed is because you're asking people to trade off between two things that are both equally valuable--cards and badges. And it's not really clear why, like, intellectually, cards transform into badges. What if I like the cards and not the badge?

Tenrius

They actually explained it a bit further in a follow-up post:

For all the "participate in the community" questions: we're still working on what the exact rules are. We are thinking that it be something as simple as all users are eligible for drops during a given week, if they've already found all the drops they can in-game, and they've done at least one thing on the community (play a game, post a comment, etc). We don't want a thing where users can 'grind' doing posts or having a game sit idle to try and increase their chances of getting cards over others. More thoughts welcome.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I'm still a bit confused.

Say I get 4 card drops from CS:GO, then sell them, can I then get 4 more card drops?

I'm still a bit confused.

Say I get 4 card drops from CS:GO, then sell them, can I then get 4 more card drops?

Not now but after the update outlined above you will. For the time being it seems like they are going to set specific time periods when the cards can be obtained again.

zulux21

Monaco
A.R.E.S.
Trine 2
They Bleed Pixels
Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten

just added.

plus side for me I own 3 of already and almost owned trine 2... time to play some more they bleed pixels, then likely ARES then finally defender's quest as i figure that will hold it's value the best.

I hate when they add cards for games I truly enjoy, because I have to consider whether I should complete the badge or sell

YuELU.png

"Let me put it this way - you'll get $0.25 if you sell now."

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I never crafted a badge out of this. The ARES cards are really low (because everybody has ARES) and I only need two of them, but I refuse to pay for them.

I will, however, trade games for them. I have a really big list of Indie Bundles leftover games and I'd be willing to trade one (or more, actually) games for the Ares and Prime Guardian cards.

Hit me up here or on Steam and I can list you the games I have available.

Well, that was quick...

maty

[H]
T2 Pontius
FS Fiery Omen
FS Fate's Grasp
FS Faerie World
FS Stolen Magic
FS Soul Rend

[W]
T2 Amadeus
T2 Zoya
T2 Isabella
HL2 Bring the fight to them
HL2 Respite
HL2 Alyx Vance

Send me a PM or add me. My id is in my profile. Thanks

Im_Special

So, anyone else noticing that getting cards is taking a much longer then before? Before it was maybe 30 minutes~ per card, now its seems like 1.5-2 hours~ per card.

Glix

So, anyone else noticing that getting cards is taking a much longer then before? Before it was maybe 30 minutes~ per card, now its seems like 1.5-2 hours~ per card.

Yes. I've been playing bit.trip and had a pretty long session last night and didn't get a drop. Sux, because I like that game in short bursts.

adaen

A.R.E.S., Trine and Defenders Quest took me around 90 mins each to get their three cards.
Earlier this morning Triple Town took me 100 mins for all six cards.

So yes, seems like they changed something. I think card drops are more random, too. My first Trine card dropped after ~15 mins, after that no more cards for 60 mins.
Before that there was a drop every 20-25 mins, but could've been chance.

Im_Special

It's two hours per 3 cards for me pal. Maybe I'm just lucky - though I seem to have the shitest foil ever in the unselling Rosebela Foil.

Were you multi-game idling? how many cards have you gotten in the last week / 2 weeks? Maybe it follows the TF2 system of only so many drops then tapers off until a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom