• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Trading Cards : get trading cards and turn it into stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

RotBot

There's a new badge based on number of games owned. It should push a lot of people up to level 10 if they're not there yet.

Do you have to keep all your card drops for a game to have a chance for a booster pack?

No

Booster packs: Players who have collected all the trading card drops they can for a game and have used Steam in the last week will randomly receive booster packs. These packs contain three additional cards for the game, and may contain foils.

If you, for example, played HL2 last week and you got all card drops and then crafted the game badge, you will receive the booster pack!

zulux21

I just got a Bit.Trip booster pack and I never crafted a badge for it.

I just got an ARES booster pack while playing dino's go home, and I have done nothing with my ares cards, and I mean nothing i just got them and let them rot in my inventory for now lol.

shame i didn't get a BL2 booster it seems to be going for a good amount.

DTKT

So, you need to own the badge in order to get booster packs? Or do you just need to use up all your card drops?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I just got a Bit.Trip booster pack and I never crafted a badge for it.

I just got an ARES booster pack while playing dino's go home, and I have done nothing with my ares cards, and I mean nothing i just got them and let them rot in my inventory for now lol.

shame i didn't get a BL2 booster it seems to be going for a good amount.
Sweet. There goes my one complaint with this whole system.

zulux21

So, you need to own the badge in order to get booster packs? Or do you just need to use up all your card drops?

If it wasn't clear, no you don't need to own the badge to get booster packs. As I said I was just sitting on my ARES cards waiting for the market to rebound a little bit from them being both just added last week and on sale recently.

From the sounds of it, it seems like you might just get booster packs randomly, like you might not even need to be playing games to get them just be using steam to chat with people.... but the whole thing is rather fuzzy right now as the only official word is
Booster packs: Players who have collected all the trading card drops they can for a game and have used Steam in the last week will randomly receive booster packs. These packs contain three additional cards for the game, and may contain foils.

im watching this thread for more info

Atruvius

I have four Serious Sam 3 cards I'd like to trade for Super Meat Boy or Trine 2 cards.

I Got:
Gnaar(SS3)
Bio-Mechanoid(SS3)
Antaresian Spider(SS3)
Witch-Bride of Achriman(SS3)

I Want:
Rosabe(Trine 2)
Isabel(Trine 2)
Epic Meat Man(SMB)
Retro Meat(SMB)

creid

It would be nice if you didn't even have to have Steam open to collect packs. Has anyone opened Steam to find that they had a booster waiting for them?

NIN90

Looking for SMB cards

Epic Meat Man!

Trading for:

1... 2... 3... KICK IT! (Drop That Beat Like an Ugly Baby)
- Listen to Music
- Synaesthesia is a Real Thing
- Azumi's Tongue is Sticking Out

Team Fortress 2
- Engineer
- Scout
- Soldier
- Heavy

Serious Sam 3
- Aurigan Cave Demon
- Gnaar

Half-Life 2
- Respite

Don't Starve
- Maxwell

d0g_bear

I got a booster pack - does anyone know if I unpack it, will it ONLY produce cards I don't already have? Or is there a chance I'll get dupes?

maty

Have the following cards:

Faerie Solitaire
Faerie World
Fiery Omen
Soul Rend

Looking for:

Half-Life 2
Alyx Vance
Respite
Bring the Fight to them

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Looking for:
Super Meat Boy
Super Meat Boy!
Epic Meat Man!

Up for trade:
Brütal Legend:
Eddie Riggs
Pain Lifter
Screamwagon
Magicka:
Fire Element
Cold Element
Shield Element

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Booster Pack Eligibility - you can now confirm your eligibility for a booster pack drop from your badges page. Just click on "How do I earn card drops", and the dialog will tell you if you are eligible to receive booster packs for that game. Note that booster pack eligibility is different per game. More information about booster packs has also been added to the Trading Card FAQ.

No game count / game count of 0 - We've fixed an issue where some users had a game count of 0 after yesterday's update.

Game count off by 1 - The "Company of Heroes 2 Beta" was counting towards everyone's game count. This has been fixed, but that means your game count on your profile may be 1 lower than it was earlier today.

Level colors for levels 20-29, and 30-39 - The colors for these levels have been changed to match our intended design. 20-29 is now orange (was yellow), 30-39 is now yellow (was purple).

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tradingcards#announcements/detail/1837748658714282354

How can I get a booster pack?

Once you have received all of your card drops, you become eligible for a booster pack, which is a set of 3 trading cards that may include both basic and foil cards. Booster packs are granted randomly to eligible users as more badges are crafted by members of the community. Make sure you log in to Steam each week to maintain eligibility.

Once eligible, your Steam Level increases your rate of receiving a booster pack drop:

Level 10: +20% increase in your drop rate
Level 20: +40% increase in your drop rate
Level 30: +60% increase in your drop rate
Level 40: +80% increase in your drop rate
Level 50: +100% increase in your drop rate (i.e. the rate has doubled)
Etc.

How do I know if I can get card drops and booster packs?
From your Badges page, the “How do I earn card drops?” window shows you how many card drops you have earned, how to get more, and if you are currently eligible for a booster pack drop.

http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/faq

creid

Glad they added in the eligibility info. Turns out I wasn't eligible for any boosters until I restarted Steam.

KarmaCow

So the badges page only seems to show the last 5 (4?) card-enabled games that you have played, does that mean you will only be eligible for games you've recently played?

Hawkie

So the badges page only seems to show the last 5 (4?) card-enabled games that you have played, does that mean you will only be eligible for games you've recently played?

If a game has cards and you've got all your card drops then you are eligible for a booster pack.

Whooter

So do the booster packs work like the cards themselves? You have to be in the particular game (idling or playing) to get them to drop?

Hawkie

So do the booster packs work like the cards themselves? You have to be in the particular game (idling or playing) to get them to drop?

No, you don't even have to be on Steam at the time.

"Booster packs: Booster packs are additional cards for games that will drop periodically. Anyone who has collected all the trading card drops they can for a game and have used Steam in the last week may receive one of these booster packs. These packs contain three additional cards for the game, and may contain foils. If you receive a booster, you will get a "1 new item in your inventory" alert. "

Whooter

No, you don't even have to be on Steam at the time.

"Booster packs: Booster packs are additional cards for games that will drop periodically. Anyone who has collected all the trading card drops they can for a game and have used Steam in the last week may receive one of these booster packs. These packs contain three additional cards for the game, and may contain foils. If you receive a booster, you will get a "1 new item in your inventory" alert. "

Awesome, thank you sir!

JustinBB7

Guns of Icarus Online
Jagged Alliance - Back in Action
Zombie Driver HD
Offspring Fling!
Magicka

No games for me today, but I don't mind, still need to get all my Brutal Legend cards, though looks like a lot of different companies are supporting this so that's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom