• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Trading Cards : get trading cards and turn it into stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
hmpf, what's up with the card and foil with no content?

So, yeah, guess I should feel lucky because I got an A.R.E.S. booster pack that let me craft a badge for the game. But I don't feel lucky because I know I should've sold the bloody thing but it was too late for that...

Ah, well.

So, prices are gonna plummet real soon, right?

I got a foil Binding of Issac Emporer card. Hope somebody on the Steam market buys it for 20 before the price plummets. I want to fund my greedy summer sale!

Prelithe

Anyone having problems listing cards? I can put them for sale, but they don't show up in the listings. I can see them on my active listings though.

ArynCrinn

Banned
I've never got a booster pack... Do you actually have to be in-game to get a booster drop or are they just randomly handed out regardless?

Wolfie5

Hmm... new to this card thing. How does it work?
Example:
I have Portal 2 and played it before. I have zero cards. Do I need to replay the game to get the cards?

DTKT

Hmm... new to this card thing. How does it work?
Example:
I have Portal 2 and played it before. I have zero cards. Do I need to replay the game to get the cards?

You don't need to actively play the game. You can idle in a menu and still get the cards. You can also idle in several games at once.

Wolfie5

You don't need to actively play the game. You can idle in a menu and still get the cards. You can also idle in several games at once.

Ok, so you need to at least start the game, even if you have played it before. Meaning, I need to re-install some previously played games in order to get the cards.

EDIT:
Played Portal 2 a little and apparently I got a card :)
Do you get the cards faster by playing?

Vecks

Ok, so you need to at least start the game, even if you have played it before. Meaning, I need to re-install some previously played games in order to get the cards.

EDIT:
Played Portal 2 a little and apparently I got a card :)
Do you get the cards faster by playing?

No. On average cards come every half hour. But it'll make it feel faster if you enjoy the game.

Dmented

Banned
Have: Super Meat Boy - Epic Meat Man!

Want: Any other SMB card besides Dr. Fetus.

PM me your Steam ID if you want to trade.

BraXzy

I love how quickly people dropped the prices of cards and rewards after first release.. prices are at least half what they origi ally started at. Surely certain games should get a price hike since more and more people will run out of droppable cards?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I love how quickly people dropped the prices of cards and rewards after first release.. prices are at least half what they origi ally started at. Surely certain games should get a price hike since more and more people will run out of droppable cards?

Heh, I sold a BOI foil for $25 right after the update hit. It's worth about $4 now.

DrPirate

Banned
Yeah these markets crashed. Mother's well craft all my badges now since I can finish the set of BoI for 50 cents... (made about 50 bucks since the beta started though, so no complaints here).

Ezalc

Never got a booster pack either. I did just get a foil from FTL for that red cruiser ship. My first foil, but I don't care about cards so I'm just selling everything. Giving GAF first dibs? I dunno if anybody cares for it.

Any way to get a badge from an event that's been and gone?

Nope.

Looking to trade more cards

Have

Brutal Legend - Crying Spot
Magicka - Lightning Element x2
Magicka - Water Element
Offspring Fling - Acid Spitter
Offspring Fling - Mysterious Ninja x3

Want

Binding of Isaac - VI The Lovers
Psychonauts - Velvitopia Villains
TF2 - Soldier / Sniper / Pyro / Medic / Demoman