• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Trading Cards : get trading cards and turn it into stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Some time today. It's not even on the trading card group yet. Might have something to do with the DLC release and the sale though.

Terraria trading cards are in the works.

WSq.jpg

Kifimbo

I got 3 IV The Emperor cards for BoI, so if anyone wants one, I'll take another BoI card (already have VI The Lovers and VIII Justice), an FTL card or an Half-Life 2 card.

Randomizer

Anyone want a -50% Strike Suit Infinity coupon? I'm not planning on buying that game. You can have it for nothing, but if you have a spare Isaac card or two I'd gladly take them. :)

I'll trade you a spare Isaac VIII Justice card for that voucher if you still have it.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
http://steamcommunity.com/id/lissar/

-Want-

Borderlands 2
Salvador
Gaige

They Bleed Pixels
The Book of Claws
Bomb Imp
Wraith
Shambler

-Have-

Portal 2
GlaDOS

Super Meat Boy
Bandage Girl
Epic Meat Man
Retro Meat

Blocks That Matter
Alexey
Markus
The Boss

L4D2
Boomer
Hunter
Smoker

TF2
Medic
Sniper
Soldier
Spy

HL2
Gordon Freeman
Gordon & Alyx
City 17 Metrocop

They Bleed Pixels
The Headmaster

A.R.E.S.
Ares
Valkyl

Magicka
Life Element x2
Cold Element
Arcane Element

The Binding of Isaac
The Magician
The High Priestess x2
The Chariot
Justice

PM me if you'd like to make a trade.

creid

The pages were separate yesterday, with different listings and everything.
I noticed that once during the beta. One seemed to be the "old" name and the other was the "new" name. If you watched the listings closely, you could see they were moving all the listings from one to the other.

Addnan

I sent you a friend invite on Steam. If you still have that Sunset Invasion card I can trade you a copy of The Feast for it.
Accepted your invite. I was asleep when you sent it, invite me to a trade when you get on, or I'll try to see when you get on!

KingKong

So what do people think are the best backgrounds? I've been looking at people's profiles and it seems like if it's game characters it doesn't look good because it gets cut off when not in full screen and in general looks like an ad

This is the only one I found so far that looks nice, any other ones like it (patterns/abstract images?): http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/Camo

KingKong

I think someone mentioned the Endless Space backgrounds earlier in the thread. It's all a matter of taste, but I think these ones are pretty decent: Uno, Dos, Tres.

nice, those do look good. Seems like it needs to be a full picture or abstract, the "two characters from game with blank space in the middle" ones arent as good

is there a site that shows what they look like on a profile?

Have:
TF2 - The Medic
Offspring Fling - Lost Offspring

Want:
Binding of Isaac
- The Empress
- The Lovers
- Justice

Faerie Solitare
- Soul Rend
- Fate's Grasp

Spazo

Have:

-50% Euro Truck Simulator 2
-25% Dungeon Hearts
-50% System Shock 2
- Background CS:GO (B)
- Background GRID 2 (Race Time)

Want:

TF2 demoman
TF2 engineer
TF2 medic
TF2 sniper
TF2 heavy

Talyn

Have:
A.R.E.S. Zytron
FTL: Mantis Cruiser
Faerie Solitaire: Faerie World, Stolen Magic
Magicka: Cold Element
Super Meat Boy: Super Meat Boy

Want:
Crusader Kings 2: The Horde, The Duel, The Voyage, The Battle

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Have:
FTL:
Rock Cruiser
Federation Cruiser
Zoltan Cruiser
Slug Cruiser

Issac:
The Fool
Justice (x2)

HL2:
Trouble Underground

Want:
HL2
Gordon & Alyx
Bring the fight to them
Respite

PM if interested

Phawx

Anyone keeping an eye on the market? It seems like all of the new cards that came out after the beta have been around the 20cent mark. All the old beta cards have managed to keep their price.

I'm not sure if the history of the price is more or less *setting* the price for these things, but has anyone noticed any drastic drops on the beta cards?

Vecks

Anyone keeping an eye on the market? It seems like all of the new cards that came out after the beta have been around the 20cent mark. All the old beta cards have managed to keep their price.

I'm not sure if the history of the price is more or less *setting* the price for these things, but has anyone noticed any drastic drops on the beta cards?

A lot of the supply of less popular titles like Anodyne (whose cards ended up falling to the 20-30c range on the first day) is diminishing to the point where prices are rising up to 70 maybe even 90 cents(though at these prices they'll only end up selling 1 card per hour). While the more popular titles continue to hover around the 40-50 c mark. Even more surprising is that TF2, in spite of excess supply, the price refuses to fall much.

In the end, even though it's only been a few days, I don't think much has changed from the beta. If there are any drop in prices, it's not too drastic, maybe by 10 cents or so.

Anyone posted this yet?

Is that the real deal, or a mock-up?

25% OFF Dungeon Hearts
33% OFF Euro Truck Simulator 2
33% OFF Strike Suit Zero
33% OFF Rush Bros
50% OFF Warlock - Master of the Arcane
50% OFF Sniper Elite
50% OFF Orcs Must Die! 2
50% OFF Defenders of Ardania
66% OFF Awesomenauts
66% OFF Fallen Enchantress
90% OFF Hamilton's Great Adventure

Anyone want one of these?

ZenaxPure

I'm gonna be honest, thought this whole trading card thing was pretty dumb when I first started reading about it, but I've already made about $10 by doing literally nothing (since the initial cards are just time sinks). Made me realize how brilliant the whole system is. Devs can get money from people wanting games with cards, people who want the cards can trade/buy them, people who don't care can just sell them, and valve sits at the top laughing at us all since they get a cut of games and market place goods. I hope more older games starting supporting them, I've got like 188 games on Steam that I would gladly sell every card for.

I've thought about actually increasing my level (since I've read the higher your level the higher chance you have at booster packs?), but, I am level 9 right now so I am just going to sit here for a while and see if I get any packs very often and then mess with it later if I feel like it.

atomsk

Party Pooper
I've thought about actually increasing my level (since I've read the higher your level the higher chance you have at booster packs?), but, I am level 9 right now so I am just going to sit here for a while and see if I get any packs very often and then mess with it later if I feel like it.

You should really get to 10, since then Foils will have a chance to drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom