• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Trading Cards : get trading cards and turn it into stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomodachi

Looks like we know at least one game that will never get cards: Analogue: A Hate Story, because the developer is ashamed of us idling and feeding Gaben's wallet.

We should continue to idle and feed Gaben's wallet instead.

She totally misses one point: cards help gamers pay less for their games. The game repays itself, to a degree. It's not just promoting the game or feeding Valve's wallet, it's also effectively feeding mine. Thanks for not wanting me to get free money :(

On the other hand, cards are giving people willing to spend money on it something they clearly care about. Thanks for negating that as well :(

TheTrain

http://steamcommunity.com/id/The_Train

Have:

Alan Wake:

- Alice, Pat

Endless Space:

- Horatio

Offspring Fling!:

- Full Parry, Mysterious Ninja

Left 4 Dead 2:

- Hunter, Jockey, Spitter

Don't Starve:

- Wolfgang

Team Fortress 2:

- Spy

Gratuitos Space Battles:

- Federation, 2x Alliance, Order, Tribe

Want:

Endless Space:

- Automatons, Sophons, United Empire

Faster Than Light:

- Engi, Federation

Portal 2:

- Finale, Intro, The Lab, Underground

Alan Wake:

- Barry, Alan

The Binding of Isaac:

- II, III, IV, VIII

Serious Sam 3:

- Gnaar, Antaresian Spider, Witch-Bride of Achriman

Team Fortress 2:

- Scout, Sniper, Soldier, Heavy

creid

From Binding of Isaac I've got an extra VIII - Justice. Looking to trade for one of 0, I, or III-VII. PM me.

tickling

Banned
I have only started into playing steam again when you get card drops is getting two drops of the same card normal? I have received 3 card drops so far and 2 of them are for the same card

Vecks

I have only started into playing steam again when you get card drops is getting two drops of the same card normal? I have received 3 card drops so far and 2 of them are for the same card

I don't think they have any rules about card drops. Sometimes I get 3 drops of the same card for a game.

Scythian

Have:

A.R.E.S.
Ares
Dr. Julia Carson
Prime Guardian

Blocks That Matter
Alexey
The Boss
Slimes

Counter Strike: GO
IDF

Half-Life 2
Gordon & Alyx

Left 4 Dead 2
Boomer

Psychonauts
Figments

Binding of Isaac
VI The Lovers
VIII Justice

Gratuitous Space Battles
Federation
Empire
Rebels
Tribe
Nomads

Want:

FTL
Stealth Cruiser
Kestrel Cruiser
Engi Cruiser
Zoltan Cruiser

Counter Strike: GO
Anarchist
Balkan
FBI

Other cards I don't have
http://steamcommunity.com/id/scythianap/

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Have:

Binding of Isaac
I, IV, VII

FTL
Stealth x2 , Slug

Alan Wake
Alice

Gratuitous Space Battles
Alliance

Want:

Half Life 2
Alyx, Gordon, Trouble Underground, Respite

Psychonauts
Velvetopia Villains, Lungfishopolis, Milk Man, Sheegor

Portal 2
Chell, Destruction, Intro, Mannequin, Underground

Borderlands 2
Axton, Salvador, Handsome Jack, Gaige

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mikebot/

Noogy

Very curious how (if) this whole Mystery Card thing works.

In other news, I submitted trading cards for Dust: An Elysian Tail.

Rather than reuse existing assets, I created a number of nice custom images. I probably put more work into them than I needed, but it seemed a shame to just reuse art.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

Rather than reuse existing assets, I created a number of nice custom images. I probably put more work into them than I needed, but it seemed a shame to just reuse art.

Can't wait to see them! Interesting to see this from the perspective of someone involved with the games.

I ended up buying a bunch of the Mystery Cards so I have all 10. I have no idea why, other than I sold a gun that I had in TF2 for £10 so I was flush with Valve Money.

Vecks

That's good news. I hate how most cards are just reused art.

Noogy

Can't wait to see them! Interesting to see this from the perspective of someone involved with the games.

I ended up buying a bunch of the Mystery Cards so I have all 10. I have no idea why, other than I sold a gun that I had in TF2 for £10 so I was flush with Valve Money.

So do you simply earn Mystery Cards the same way as other cards, as random drops? I just started earning cards in games myself, and have to admit it's strangely addictive.

And it was great fun making cards, very curious to see if they take off.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So do you simply earn Mystery Cards the same way as other cards, as random drops? I just started earning cards in games myself, and have to admit it's strangely addictive.

And it was great fun making cards, very curious to see if they take off.
You get a mystery card every time you craft a badge from game cards. They're dropping instead of discounts for games now, not sure if that's significant or just because the discounts can't be applied to games on sale so they're removing them before the sale starts so people don't try to use them and get disappointed.

Edit: Re: the trading cards, I'm assuming that although you're making the cards you can't give them out like you could with steam keys? Although if you could please can I have both? (jk)

Noogy

You get a mystery card every time you craft a badge from game cards. They're dropping instead of discounts for games now, not sure if that's significant or just because the discounts can't be applied to games on sale so they're removing them before the sale starts so people don't try to use them and get disappointed.

Interesting, thanks! I haven't crafted a badge yet, looks like I need to get to it.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Interesting, thanks! I haven't crafted a badge yet, looks like I need to get to it.
When you craft a badge you also get an emoticon and profile background for the game too, although I'm guessing you might know that already from creating the things?

Noogy

When you craft a badge you also get an emoticon and profile background for the game too, although I'm guessing you might know that already from creating the things?

Hehe sadly I am still new to the process myself, despite having had to make assets for them. Thanks for the info.

Why... why did I click that link with all the Mystery Card ID's. Ugh.. yep own all 10 regular mystery cards now. I am not proud of myself. Luckily other card sales funded most of it.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
That's good! I deliberately saved a few before crafting to ensure I'd have access to them, looks like Valve had my back on this one.

How do you see the id of the mystery card?

There was an extension posted a page or two back that displays it when you view the market in your browser, I'm on my phone so can't find it right now.

So just crafted a badge and got a mystery card. What are you supposed to do with these? Is there any way to reveal it?
You can't do anything with it yet, looks like when the sale starts there may be some sort of meta game involving them, there are 10 unique cards but unless you have the extension mentioned above you won't know which you have. A theory is that if you have the 10 unique cards you'll be able to craft them into something when the same starts.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
I am looking for Brütal Legend cards:

Razorfire Boar
Eddie Riggs
Hate Cage
Screamwagon
Bear Trap Mouth
Bladehenge
Dark Ophelia

Have to offer:

ARES: Minos Core
FTL: Stealth Cruiser
Fearie Solitaire: Soul Rend
L4D2: Charger
Psychonauts: Velvisomething Villains
SS3: Sandwhale
Super Meat Boy: Bandage Girl
TF2: Heavy, Medic
Trine 2: Amadeus

LQX

Have:
Walking on Mars game
Jamestown Deluxe Pack game

Want:
Borderlands 2 Cards (all except Axton and Salvador)
DOTA 2 Cards

Awww man.

Thought I would check out this card script ID as I have some mystery cards, I had to reset my password (had no idea what it was) so I could use the script on my browser, rookie mistake.
I didn't realize it locks you out of community market sales for 5 days, can't even trade now.

I have an extra chariot card from Binding of Isaac if anyone wants to trade. I need High Priestess, Emperor, Empress, Hierophant, or Justice.

Steam Name is TKAwsome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom