• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Trading Cards : get trading cards and turn it into stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreoleo

Anyone have any Drop That Beat Like An Ugly Baby cards?

Trying to trade away Synaesthesia is a Real Thing for basically any of the others.

Booted up Steam for the first time today, and what do I find nestled in my inventory...

DQ5aEiX.jpg

This is my second booster (first was Portal 2). Not sure why I have been blessed with these mythical packs twice, but feel free to keep 'em coming, Valve.

Woah, a bunch of booster packs must have recently gone out. The market on some just dropped a ton since yesterday. BL2 booster pack is down $8

Interfectum

Got a question about the overall card system here.

Lets say one day Valve decides to actually do something with these cards beyond crafting them into badges and trading, like say, a card game. Will Valve consider the cards you crafted into badges as cards that you 'own'? For example, if there is a card game or card binder or whatever and I crafted a L4D2 badge, would that binder/card game consider me an owner of those 8 L4D2 cards? Or would I have to have those cards in my inventory, uncrafted? Or do we not know any of these stuff yet?

Symphonic

Got a question about the overall card system here.

Lets say one day Valve decides to actually do something with these cards beyond crafting them into badges and trading, like say, a card game. Will Valve consider the cards you crafted into badges as cards that you 'own'? For example, if there is a card game or card binder or whatever and I crafted a L4D2 badge, would that binder/card game consider me an owner of those 8 L4D2 cards? Or would I have to have those cards in my inventory, uncrafted? Or do we not know any of these stuff yet?

I was wondering this as well. It'd be shitty to have to get all cards 5 times to complete a badge and then AGAIN to have them in your collection.

Any word on the binder, by the way?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Got a HL2 booster pack just now. Throwing it up on the market before these prices crash further!

scurker

Any interest in trading? PM or add me on steam (same name as GAF)

Have:

FTL
Kestral Cruiser

Left 4 Dead 2
Smoker x2
Tank x2

Super Meat Boy
Super Meat Boy x2
Epic Meat Man

Psychonauts
Velvitopia Villians x2
Crispin Whytehead
Milk Man
Lungfishopolis

Magicka
Life Element x3
Shield Element

Need

Portal 2
Chell
GlaDOS
The Lab
Mannequin
Underground

FTL
Stealth Cruiser
Mantis Cruiser
Zoltan Cruiser

Borderlands 2
Zero
Axton
Handsome Jack
Gaige

TF2
Engineer
Medic
Pyro
Sniper
Spy

No booster packs yet, and I still have yet to craft a badge so I'm trying to get a set to craft.

Codeblue

I got a Blocks That Matter booster pack. Wound up losing 10 cents by opening it up and selling it separately instead of just throwing it up in bulk.

Thieve

Neo Member
I got a Blocks That Matter booster pack. Wound up losing 10 cents by opening it up and selling it separately instead of just throwing it up in bulk.

That's not bad for taking a gamble at a foil. I ended up making like 6 cents by doing so because the boosters were getting undercut like crazy, plus the chance of a foil.

Vecks

Booster packs aren't so great anymore now that Valve is giving everyone one today. Prices are dropping like mad. The anodyne one is almost down to a dollar. Guess I'll hold onto it. Ugh, I wish I got a Zack Zero booster pack instead.

Interfectum

Booster packs aren't so great anymore now that Valve is giving everyone one today. Prices are dropping like mad. The anodyne one is almost down to a dollar. Guess I'll hold onto it. Ugh, I wish I got a Zack Zero booster pack instead.

Not everyone.

tumblr_llzkb99G5s1qjl6iro1_500.gif

I have to say I love this trading card thing. I bought They Bleed Pixels yesterday on GMG for $2.50 and already sold two of my card drops for a dollar. Basically the game will end up costing me a whopping 50 cents.

Looking to trade cards

Have

Magicka - Lightning Element x2
Magicka - Water Element
Offspring Fling - Acid Spitter
Offspring Fling - Mysterious Ninja x3
Gratuitous Space Battles - Empire
Gratuitous Space Battles - Rebels x2
Gratuitous Space Battles - Swarm
Gratuitous Space Battles - Outcasts

Want

Psychonauts - Velvitopia Villains
TF2 - Soldier
Borderlands 2 - Any
Super Meat Boy - Any
Left 4 Dead 2 - Witch / Smoker / Jockey
Portal 2 - Any

Have:
Binding of Isaac:
The Emperor
The Emperess

Offspring Fling:
The Mighty Dinobaus

TF2:
The Medic

Want:
Offspring fling cards:
Momma Flinger
Hungry Gator
Angry Hornet
Full Parry

Facism

have:

Binding of Issac:
VII The Chariot

Portal 2:
glaDOS

CoH 2:

Tiger PzKfw VI
STUG III Ausf. G ASSAULT GUN

want:

Binding of Isaac:

0 The Fool
I The Magician
II The High Priestess
III The Empress
V The Hierophant

Portal 2:

Any cards except glaDOS, Destruction and Mannequin.

Cth

[H]
BINDING OF ISAAC
(2) Justice
(1) Magician

ALAN WAKE
(1) Rose

(1) Penny Arcade 3
(1) Toki Tori

[W]
Left 4 Dead cards (Tank, Boomer, Charger, Spitter)
Alan Wake cards (Alice, Barry, Pat, Sarah, Taken)

I got my first booster pack today, have been in since day 1 of beta.
Pretty much boot up Steam daily and had about 60+ cards in total when I got the booster pack. Wasn't there talk if other people craft badges it increase overall booster pack rates?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I got my first booster pack today, have been in since day 1 of beta.
Pretty much boot up Steam daily and had about 60+ cards in total when I got the booster pack. Wasn't there talk if other people craft badges it increase overall booster pack rates?

I've crafted 1 badge and have received 2 boosters.

Since it's raining boosters and they gave me one for a badge I've maxed out, I'm trading an ARES Booster for a They Bleed Pixels or an Anodyne Boosters.

Vade

Looking to trade pm me on gaf.

Have:

Alan Wake:

Alice
Pat x2
Rose

Borderlands 2:

ZERO

Portal 2:

Intro
Underground

Psychonaunts:

Raz
Sheegorx2
Figments
Milkman

Want:

Half-Life 2

Alex
Gordon
Gordon and Alyx
Bring the fight
Trouble Underground
City 17 Metro

Beck

Have:
A.R.E.S.

Prime Guardian
Minos Core x2

The Binding of Isaac
V The Hierophant

FTL
Kestrel Cruiser
Mantis Cruiser
Slug Cruiser

Gratuitous Space Battles
Parasites
Tribe
Nomads x2
Outcasts

Half-Life 2
Gordon & Alyx
Bring the Fight to Them
Respite

Monaco
The Gentleman
The Lookout
The Pickpocket

Offspring Fling
Momma Flinger
Angry Hornet x2
Spiky Cuddler x2

Looking For:
Alan Wake (Anything)
Borderlands 2 (Anything)
Portal 2 (Finale, Underground)
Sanctum 2 (Skye, Sweet, SiMO - Anything)
Trine 2 (Anything)
Super Meat Boy (Bandage Girl, Retro Meat)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/thebeck

Forkball

I also got a L4D2 booster. No foils in it though. Honestly I just sell my cards. I've already made like $10 just doing that. That's a free game or two right there!

DeBurgo

Alright, finally looking for some trades, my steamid same as forum name.

Have

Psychonauts:
Crispin Whiteyhead (2x)

Binding of Isaac:
0 The Fool
III The Empress

Team Fortress 2:
Sniper

Trine 2:
Rosabel

Want

They Bleed Pixels: