• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(SteamSpy) CS:GO surpasses Minecraft as the best selling PC game of all time

Naarmight

Does steamspy even pick up private profiles? As people are making the comment about all the hackers that have dozens of account, but they will all have their profile set to private.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does steamspy even pick up private profiles? As people are making the comment about all the hackers that have dozens of account, but they will all have their profile set to private.

No, however it doesn't scan literally every single Steam profile but instead uses an algorithm to fill in the blanks -- one that is reportedly very accurate.

gypsygib

It's a great no fluff shooter that is timeless in the sense that its main appeal is a perfect refinement of old school basic FPS gameplay - its just all about aiming ability, team and map strategy.

But it should be F2P. I bought it, but I'm not really sure what I paid for, all the guns and skins cost extra. Good thing it's super cheap.

I think a major part of its appeal is that it's so popular. There's no real fear of not finding a match 8 months from now.

Detox

I really want to get into cs but I just can't understand the shooting mechanics. I learnt how to play fps' on consoles and can play all other shooting games on pc fine but the way it works on cs befuddles me.

lol TF2. Do people even still play that baby trash?

It's a great no fluff shooter that is timeless in the sense that its main appeal is a perfect refinement of old school basic FPS gameplay - its just all about aiming ability, team and map strategy.

But it should be F2P. I bought it, but I'm not really sure what I paid for, all the guns and skins cost extra. Good thing it's super cheap.

I think a major part of its appeal is that it's so popular. There's no real fear of not finding a match 8 months from now.

If it was F2P everyone playing would be a cheater. The game already has a terrible cheating problem and it's not even free yet. plz no valve

Durante

LOL at no context OP.

There are so many multi-dippers in CSGO it's not even funny.
Even if that is true (I have no idea, never played the game and not familiar with its community), that doesn't change the factoid presented in the OP. 2 sales to the same person are still two sales.

Top Bottom