• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stella has been removed from FFXV; Itamuro writing game; Demo 2 June 9; FFXV not @ E3

Lynx_7

Why do we assume that "Nomura's original vision" was worth a damn? His KH plots are borderline incoherent (serviceable enough for what they are.. but no storytelling art), and he clearly wasn't able to corral this into a game. The world has sure given that man a LOT of creative reverence all because he can draw pretty well.

Give me a producer who can deliver a final product. The whole concept of an auteur's "original vision" has proven to be pretentious nonsense throughout this and many other creative industries.

As someone involved in the creative design process myself, the idea I once had of magic men passing down their perfect visions from on high is largely an invention of fans who really don't know how these things come together.

I can't speak for the others, but the reason I give a damn about Nomura's original vision is because it seemed interesting and ambitious on paper, while Tabata...really doesn't have much of a cohesive artistic vision of his own from what I've been able to gather from this whole XV drama. He just seems like the kind of guy who follows instructions and tries to please everybody based on feedback, and while that's not an inherently bad thing he just doesn't give me the same confidence as, say, Hiroyuki Ito or Matsuno. And like I said, Crisis Core and Type-0 gave me no reason at all to believe in him as a director, and while I'm not terribly fond of KH, they're at least better games than the aforementioned works.

HMD

Are they seriously not showing it at E3 again? anyone else expecting Square to go under after FFXV and KH3? their business model can't be profitable.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Are they seriously not showing it at E3 again? anyone else expecting Square to go under after FFXV and KH3? their business model can't be profitable.

It's very profitable. Mobile games and Eidos AAA content doing just fine.

Considering the games they are publishing from western studios and their mobile games. They will be fine. And also Gamescom is literally like a month and a half later at Europe's version of E3.. jeez

Guys wait, I just noticed something.

yhggCqV.jpg

Stella is still there, I've uncovered the shocking plot twist of the game. Pack it SE!

Or that nearly every FF character in the last X years have all used the same design and everyone looks related.

HMD

Considering the games they are publishing from western studios and their mobile games. They will be fine. And also Gamescom is literally like a month and a half later at Europe's version of E3.. jeez

But E3 generally receives a lot more press and it's weird that they're choosing to ignore it again.

wmlk

But E3 generally receives a lot more press and it's weird that they're choosing to ignore it again.

They're trying to push the game out as fast as they can at this point. I don't even think they have enough ready.

Tabata doesn't even know if the Leviathan sequence is doable.

That was 2 years ago!

Arondight

First appearance of Stella has her in single conflict with Noctis, First appearance of Luna is like the opposite of this. Not really surprised about the negativity especially when considering the Cindy designs.

If there's one thing that I'm still looking forward to the most and has shown to be continuously excellent since the first FFvs13 reveal down to the demo, it's the music. If Shimomura drops out, I'm out.

Exentryk

I believe Tabata mentioned about implementing warping outside of combat, but he said doing so would bug the game out or something.

Yeah, I know. But being able to warp only to dedicated points would be possible to test adequately. Free warping would be difficult.

.JayZii

Banned
My condolences on the loss of everyone's favorite fan fiction character.
This was incredibly obvious ever since they renamed her.

In other news, has anyone discussed their concept art tease yet? A flashback sequence and the art is giving me Yoshida/FFXII vibes. Yes please.
GQNWHSJ.png

jerry1594

That's a bummer. I know people think Versus XIII looked like The World Ends With You and Noctis was an annoying emo, but it still looked super cool and I hope it gets made in 2029 or something.

I'm not concerned with Stella v Luna, but the constant updates coupled with the constant changes have unsettled me. Ever since the shift to XV I've been optimistic about this game, and proceeded under the assumption that it was rapidly approaching. But it's feeling increasingly ephemeral outside of Duscae. What do we really know about the rest of the game that we can be confident in? Perhaps things will solidify at Gamescom.

Ishida

Banned
My condolences on the loss of everyone's favorite fan fiction character.
This was incredibly obvious ever since they renamed her.

In other news, has anyone discussed their concept art tease yet? A flashback sequence and the art is giving me Yoshida/FFXII vibes. Yes please.
GQNWHSJ.png

No. Everyone was too worried ranting about their fan fiction characters getting deleted.

But yeah, that artwork looks truly great. I can't wait to see what scene it belongs to!

Zophar

Here's hoping S-E dials it back a little for FFXVI. This game feels like it was an unwieldy, bloated, and unfocused project from the start.

Final Fantasy doesn't need to blow the doors off the genre with every outing. How hard can it be to make a solid turn-based RPG with top-notch art assets? That's what we all really like about FF, isn't it?

Philippo

GQNWHSJ.png

Lovely artwork, this and the ones from the end of Duscae demo should prove that the more serious/darker elements have not been scrapped entirely.

.JayZii

Banned
They confirmed yes, and that's just a special enemy type unless they changed that.
They said in the video that the female dragoon and the black-haired woman are both still in the game.
You keep harping on about this but there are plenty of great reasons to be upset with Stella's removal.
I'm honestly unclear on what those are considering we never saw more than a few pieces of the Versus story/characters and we have yet to play the final game. So we're comparing two abstract variables. Get upset if you want, though. I hope the ulcer is worth it.

I prefer Stella's design over Luna's. Darn.
First appearance of Stella has her in single conflict with Noctis, First appearance of Luna is like the opposite of this
I liked that scene and the overall tone of the Versus XIII trailers. XV feels like it will differ a bit from what Versus was envisioned to be. But at least it will actually release.

Ray Down

Banned
I prefer Stella's design over Luna's. Darn.

I liked that scene and the overall tone of the Versus XIII trailers. XV feels like it will differ a bit from what Versus was envisioned to be. But at least it will actually release.

You talking about the road trip aspect, because that was always in Versus just never properly shown.

Top Bottom