• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade Developer Shift Up addresses censorship claims "This is our final product. We are discussing this internally"

Draugoth

Gold Member

Understandably we also recognize about this issue.
However the final costume we wanted to show you is indeed the costume in version 1.0.0.2.
I want to clarify that is our final product.
However I know this answer is not enough to convince our user.
There is an internal discussion ongoing regarding this so I think we'll have a chance to answer it soon.

Reported censorship for the day one patch include clothing and gore

zN7KkxC.png

stellar-patch-small.png

CKdBFiw.jpeg
4a4tLss.jpeg

Last edited:

Yoda

I'd guess the request for the changes came from Sony? I wonder who actually in the company makes said decision. I know they have their own play-testers to validate the game works, do these people also make content suggestions?

The fact they also toned down blood combined with the recent "all regions are uncensored" announcement makes me think they might have did this to please certain countries rating boards, then applied it to all versions. "All versions are uncensored if all versions are censored. " Would be dumb if I was correct on that. Imagine if Capcom applied that logic to Western versions of RE because of the Japanese version of RE.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Why not just enable it as a fucking option? If I want to see blood everywhere, that's my choice. These fucking lefty twats are just out to make everyone else miserable.

Edit: got the physical version, going to update as soon as I can and just not update the game anymore after that.
I told this in another thread: The problem is not that they don't want to see that content, but that they don't want YOU seeing that content, well, all of us actually

Three

Wow. Is this is saudi arabia version? Why cant we see legs?

zN7KkxC.png
You can see legs even further up than this costume in the game:
vvPGLBsv8wGUuKQ4C6Jjo7.jpg

It has nothing to do with censorship of legs in Saudi Arabia. It's likely that they designed the outfits and added details as they went along and now they know this won't "convince users" so they're probably internally discussing adding options for older WIP costumes in the game. Would be wise to do this after reviews have settled though, you know how some media types will take that patch.

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
You can see legs even further up than this costume in the game:
vvPGLBsv8wGUuKQ4C6Jjo7.jpg

It has nothing to do with censorship of legs in Saudi Arabia. It's likely that they designed the outfits and added details as they went along and now they know this won't "convince users" so they're probably internally discussing adding options for older WIP costumes in the game. Would be wise to do this after reviews have settled though, you know how some media types will take that patch.
My take as well, so I'm choosing to believe Kim on this one. Hopefully they add the other version just so everyone can be happy.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
There are costumes in the Game post patch that are way more revealing than those that are censored, are You all sure that Sony is censoring very specific costumes?

Besides, I like the censored versions too, I hope they add more variants like they did in new Game +.
It seems pretty obvious that the developers made these changes because they wanted to and now the people who didn't want them to bow to pressure are demanding they don't make changes that they want to make.
It's getting depressingly sad all round.

Funniest most stupid thing so far is the reviews: “The over sexualized main character ruins the story, here she is in a bunny outfit, how should we take this seriously in the story?”

Like, the guy put the costume on himself, it’s not like it’s mandatory, it was his choice and then he starts complaining because of his own choice, those wokesters are beyond lost.

Or the one where they show her going down a ladder with the camera placed below her but. Complaining about that shit while you actually have to do effort to get the camera like that. It’s not the default camera when sliding down.

So sick of those people omg… they’re little horndogs and because they are ashamed of their own behavior they have to complain about it to the rest of the world while nothing they show is default in the game itself 🥹

ssringo

Regarding the reduced blood and gore: is it actually reduced or is that just a result of the fight going differently leading to her not being covered as much? Meaning was she already bloody and then finishing the boss drenched her? Or did she get drenched at the end regardless of how bloody/clean she was? I didn't farm the demo like some so I don't know.

Edit: this doesn't really bother me but I am curious if it's a legit change or just ignorance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Kilau

They honestly could have only had the default outfit with no extras and I would have been fine but for whatever reason they altered what was shipped, no sale.

Crayon

A) is this every region?
B) is it just that outfit or more? Because I can see that one as a simple design change, though sus it came with a day one patch as if they didn't have time for to put the right kind of stockings lol.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Ah, the hourly stellar blade controversy thread.

Like clockwork. It never ends.

There are costumes in the Game post patch that are way more revealing than those that are censored, are You all sure that Sony is censoring very specific costumes?

Besides, I like the censored versions too, I hope they add more variants like they did in new Game +.

Exactly! So I'm not sure why people are "Fake Mad" at Sony about this.

Controversy after controversy, is the entire conversation surrounding this game is gonna be all about controversy?

It's the only thing non-gamers like to do these days. How many of these people complaining actually like playing video games?

Controversy after controversy, is the entire conversation surrounding this game is gonna be all about controversy?
yeah, this whole non-stop stellar blade thing just got real old real fast. both shift up & sony seem, to me, to be dealing with this endless bullshit in a pretty reasonable, up-front, straight-forward way. enough, already. play/enjoy the damn game...

GymWolf

I honestly kinda believe the dude.

The game is lewd af and he would be a complete moron to change a small detail in a couple of outfits trying to win over the twitter mob.

This is the truth or the most useless censorship ever made.

Last edited:
yeah, this whole non-stop stellar blade thing just got real old real fast. both shift up & sony seem, to me, to be dealing with this endless bullshit in a pretty reasonable, up-front, straight-forward way. enough, already. play/enjoy the damn game...

The developer tweeted that whole"Uncensored in all regions" thing themselves, they were definitely riding on support being given for not backing down and covering the characters up. Then day one patch covers them up. I think folks are rightly angry at being led on, I would imagine a lot of people pre-ordered specifically to support this anti-censorship message, who've now sorta just been hoodwinked.

TLDR; people are right to be mad

Top Bottom