• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STELLAR BLADE |OT| Twitter May Cry

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
We all know games "journalists" are all bonkers, but this is kind of funny hahaha.
Q4dlyky.png
Fuck pliers - I'll use my teeth.

If she were real of course.

Katatonic

Played for a little before work and noticed how after playing Rise of the Ronin (another awesome game), I can parry in SB much better now compared to when I played the demo.

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
I hate film grain too, good news is you can turn it off along with chromatic aberration 👍
Praise the heavens, they really did listen ! (it was pretty bad in the demo).
Shame about the lack of photo mode, oh well...

PS: I was about to buy this day 1 but I'm finding myself busy with God of war Ragnarok right now (not enjoying it tbh), don't know what to do tbh...

Svejk

I need someone who's not a lazy fuck like me, and photoshop a can of Booty Sweat in her hand.

03otbSeJiL3bKqjoO4HYZ9X-3.fit_lim.size_768x.jpg

For source material...

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
NICE MY DISC IS HERE AND INSTALLING !!!
There is 10$ deluxe upgrade after all!!!! Should I get it? worth it ?

Madflavor

I'm loving the shit out of this game, it feels like a game straight out of the 6th or 7th gen, and I mean that in a really good way. I'll post my full thoughts when I've completed it, but so far I'm 4 hours in and having a blast.

The only issue I have with it is the dialogue is bad. Like really fucking bad. I'm not being hyperbolic when I say there are moments in the game that reach Tommy Wiseau levels of awkward dialogue.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Man I got the perfect parry and dodging down but I cant seem to nail those counters where you hold triangle or square afterwards. I just dont get the timing :messenger_persevering:

Luipadre

Game is sooo much fun. Im loving the exploration too. You can always find some shit everywhere. Such a good and polished product. Its a shame that photo mode is not available yet. Im gonna save my new game+ hard playthrough for when it comes out. My only "issue" so far is that i find the game a bit easy, but im still early ofc maybe it will change

SaiyanRaoh

I said it in the demo thread but GAT DAMN the music in this game is good. I'm going to need those Flooded Commercial Sector instrumentals piped into my bathroom.

What's everyone got for the brightness settings? I'm struggling to get a nice palette to show off Eve properly. I'm tempted to increase the colour a touch on the TV settings to make it pop a little more.

On an LG CX HDR.
On my C9 and C1, I use HGIG and just the default game picture settings. In-game setting for this would just be default.

If you are using tone mapping, then it will be difficult to get a good look. Use HGIG.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Topher Topher
FoxMcChief FoxMcChief

Has either of yours gamefly copy shipped yet? Mine hasn't. They ship out game locked stuff a day before release usually.
Nope, my copy never shipped, and the availability is now at low. I’ll play it when it’s available. I’m in no rush. I’m playing N64 and Quest 3 games right now. I’m kind of burnt out on all the games these days feeling similar. I still haven’t finished FF7 or DD2.

Garibaldi

On my C9 and C1, I use HGIG and just the default game picture settings. In-game setting for this would just be default.

If you are using tone mapping, then it will be difficult to get a good look. Use HGIG.
Yeah I'm using HGIG. Just the colours don't pop as much as I'd like from a HDR image. It's probably the grading they chose to go with. Just looks a little flat.

tommib

Yeah I'm using HGIG. Just the colours don't pop as much as I'd like from a HDR image. It's probably the grading they chose to go with. Just looks a little flat.
I’m on a A90J and bumped the contrast from 50 to 60 to get more pop out of the image. You should try going into the HDR game settings.

Muffdraul

I was following this game since it was announced as Project Eve ages ago and for the longest time I was totally looking forward to it. I assumed it was going to be the new DMC/Bayo/Nier. I am not a fan of Souls type games, I don't need that stress in my life. I like easy-breezy combat that encourages and rewards skill and good timing, but doesn't absolutely demand it. I never enjoyed the the 3D Ninja Gaiden games, I hated Demon's Souls on PS3 so much that I never even bothered with Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Sekiro, Nioh, Elden Ring, or whatever other soulslikes followed in its wake. So I got nervous about a year ago when the Stellar Blade director started hinting that the game was going to incorporate some soulslike elements. The demo confirmed it, and that was a bitter pill to swallow. Happy for the soulslike fanbase that now they have yet another game they can brag about and sneer at me to git gud. I'm still playing Stellar Blade, though. And enjoying it. On Story Mode For Sucky Little Babies Who Can't Play Games Gud. =P

SkylineRKR

I'm loving the shit out of this game, it feels like a game straight out of the 6th or 7th gen, and I mean that in a really good way. I'll post my full thoughts when I've completed it, but so far I'm 4 hours in and having a blast.

The only issue I have with it is the dialogue is bad. Like really fucking bad. I'm not being hyperbolic when I say there are moments in the game that reach Tommy Wiseau levels of awkward dialogue.

Yeah the dialogue is awful, its kind of distracting. Skipping text also feels a bit off and I have some small issues with platforming. But other than that this is a great game that does feel like something from a bygone era.

J3nga

Game's legitimate crack, initially I wasn't much interested but tried demo just last night and I liked so bought full game. Find myself hard to get off of it. Only thing I could complain would be platforming/jumping feels like they added it last minute, not polished and feels like does not belong in this game.

Last edited:

Crayon

Game's legitimate crack, initially I wasn't much interested but tried demo just last night and I liked so bought full game. Find myself hard to get off of it. Only thing I could complain would be platforming/jumping feels like they added it last minute, not polished and feels like does not belong in this game.

lol so it really is like a PS2 game. God, that was so common.

Doomtrain

I'm not really into character action games like Bayonetta or Devil May Cry, but I absolutely love Soulslikes (including Lies of P and Nioh). Based on that, is this worth getting?

Top Bottom