• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade Releases on April 26, 2024 | State of Play

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Looks so good. Like a next gen Nier. Pre-ordered but unfortunately this clashes with Eiyuden Chronicles which also releases late April.

Vick

Don't know how this made it past Sweet Baby Inc/Sony light beam department and I don't care, it's glorious.
Sony/PlayStation as companies aren't Sweet Baby Inc. clients.

SVJcqhZ.jpg

Last edited:

Kabelly

Last article I could find in a cursory search said timed exclusive on PS5. No idea if it's true or what the length is.
Yea I remember that as well. That's why I want to wait. Preoders go up February 7th so we'll see.

Fabieter

Looks fucking fantastic. I wish they'd have gone a bit deeper on the combat systems, but that's just picking nits at this point.

It's so goddamn refreshing to see an attractive female lead character in 2024. Game looks fun, wild, and I'm fucking there day 1.

Has there been a confirmation of PC version yet? I'm assuming Sony has moneyhatted a timed exclusivity for PS5.

It seems gull exclusive will help sell your hardware after all. Iam shocked that its not others have suggested.

mortal

Gold Member
I'm not gonna get into this (again) in this celebratory thread, but the exception is not the rule, i'll just leave it at that.
We're literally seeing ass and pantie shots and jiggle physics, my man.

If that isn't evidence that's not the case then I do know what is lol

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
thicc_girls_are_teh_best thicc_girls_are_teh_best I've just watched the attached trailer and I take back what I said and apologise. My stream must have taken a shit while this was on because the trailer looks like a smooth almost locked 60fps but on my stream the images looked fine but it was skipping frames quite a bit.

Not sure what happened but it looks a lot better here. Hype restored for this nier type game!

Last edited:

CamHostage

Combat seems to be pretty readable despite a black-haired, black-clad hero fighting a lot of black goo monsters in blackened dark cityscapes. (Not that it's all dark, just saying they did a nice job with highlights and focal point to keep elements isolated since their design sometimes blends.) And the combat appears to be varied with fast-slash and big finisher moves and pushback or position-switching maneuvers (though I really want to see a full level or encounter to know what the battle gameplay loop really is like.)

Some good stuff, looking forward to how it turns out in the final product.

Saber

Richard Leadbetter will have to do the tech review for this one himself won't he? e.g. Hogwarts

Probably. Unless is Linneman, since he covers Bayonetta.
Alex Snowflaketalia on the otherhand will make a remark against this game lmao

Last edited:
Looks great visually. Art style is fantastic.

Feel like I'm still waiting to see what the actual combat is. Didnt expect so much emphasis on npcs and story. Couldnt tell you a thing about the story so far.

I'm sold so far on the visuals and little else. Need more info.

mortal

Gold Member
Its being published by Sony but this game is not being made Sony's own first party game.
So? That makes no difference. It's still being endorsed and associated with their brand. They're quite literally supporting the game.

What other developers decide to do regarding female characters in their respective games has no bearing on what Sony/PlayStation's stance is regarding sexy female character designs.
It was always nonsense argument imo.

Last edited:

killatopak

Gold Member
Maybe it’s just me but there are times where I felt like the camera was too close during fighting. Like it would actively hinder me from seeing what I need during combat.

Is there such a thing as too much of a focus on ass? What a dilemma.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
So? That makes no difference. It's still being endorsed and associated with their brand. They're quite literally supporting the game.

What other developers decide to do regarding female characters in their respective games has no bearing on what Sony/PlayStation's stance is regarding sexy female character designs.
It was always nonsense argument imo.
Have you not seen whole Druckmann's presentation of why sexy design in video games are "bad"...Almost 90% of Sony's first party are western games, you think they would make a game with sexy design......I dont think so.

Looks great visually. Art style is fantastic.

Feel like I'm still waiting to see what the actual combat is. Didnt expect so much emphasis on npcs and story. Couldnt tell you a thing about the story so far.

I'm sold so far on the visuals and little else. Need more info.

Shift Up is top-tier in story and music, too. I don't expect any less in this game.

I understand that the whole conversation is about Eve's attributes and "stats" but the game is so much more than that. Sexy is the bait, but under that lies the real game. Pretty much from Yoko Taro's manual, too.

As for the censorship you guys are discussing, Shift-Up is the biggest new studio in Korea. Sony doesn't have the power to censor them. Not when the CEO of the company has made billions out of sexy designs.

Aenima

Story seems very similar to they mobile game Nikke.

And lol at some ppl here thinking Sony would censor this game (when there was nothing to censor to begin with). ShiftUp just raised the lewd meter with even more revealing outfits.

Last edited:

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
The trailer was beautiful and gave us some idea of what we will do. Semi open world or open world like nier. We will probably have gameplay closer to release so I don't fear for that right now. I am sold on it, and unless it is buggy at launch or rise of the ronin make me play it first Stellar blade will be day one for me.

mortal

Gold Member
Have you not seen whole Druckmann's presentation of why sexy design in video games are "bad"...Almost 90% of Sony's first party are western games, you think they would make a game with sexy design......I dont think so.
So? That's also his opinion lol. Druckmann is one person whose views and perspectives are his own. He makes the games he wants to make. He's also not the head of SIE.
Again if it were as imposing as you make it seem, then Sony/PlayStation would not be supporting Stellar Blade in any capacity.
So once again the notion Sony/PlayStation are anit-sexy female is laid to rest with Stellar Blade, as far I'm concerned.

I like variety more than anything. The character is very overtly sexy, and I'm happy to see that part of the lineup as much as Naugty Dog's titles.

Might buy this even if it ends up a 6/10, just to support the jiggles. The seething is going to be the icing on the cake. Hopefully there's more to it outside pretty girls and sexy outfits.

They mobile game Nikke has an insane good OST, i expect Stellar Blade to be the same.

And Destiny Child (sadly EOS months ago)

Some people thinking Shift Up is some kind of random indie are in for a surprise.

That trailer was cringe inducing, made no sense whatsoever and when it broke into that Japanese pop shite... Jesus wept... Do Japanese game Devs not know how to cut a trailer?

As cringe as mistaking Korean for Japanese, I guess.

Top Bottom