• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Universe |OT| Truly, Truly, Truly Outrageous

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed the new episode. I kept seeing the countdown for that Powerpuff Girls thing and noticed there wasn't a new Regular Show so I just assumed the same for Steven Universe.

Cool show. I really dig it, and for some reason, it seems to give off its own unique flavor (especially when compared to the big three: AT, RS, GF)

Quick question though, I thought Steven is the nephew of the 3 gems (since Rose is referred to as their "sister")?

Tizoc

1. Well her voice actress (Estelle) is English so...?

2. From what's been revealed so far they're the last remaining, they always talk about the other Crystal Gems in past-tense. I wouldn't be surprised if they have more show up in the future though, like they went into hiding or a safe zone or something? We don't know quite enough yet.

Re #1- Ah OK thanks must be a problem with my hearing. Her voice fits the character PERFECTLY IMO.

Will the show take a break after the airing of the 10th episode?

Just had to comment that your avatar is awesome.

Thanks, I have another which has Steven with the weird derpy looking face when he first shows the Breakfast to Garnet, saving that for later.

Quick question though, I thought Steven is the nephew of the 3 gems (since Rose is referred to as their "sister")?
I might have missed this? What episode, Google/Wiki searches returned nothing about her being their sister? I'm not saying it's not true, and it'd give them another reason to keep him around too if it is, I just don't remember it.

Will the show take a break after the airing of the 10th episode?

I haven't seen/heard anything to indicate it would? It JUST came back, so I hope not.

Lombaszko

Tiger Millionaire is going to be my Halloween costume this year! Amazing.
I love this show and most of the episodes I'm able to let my kids watch. I found Frybo and Cat Fingers to be a little too scary though.
I knew they were enjoying it when my son goes, "Dad, don't mess my funky flow!"

I like how the backstory is slowly being told too. They drop hints as to how Stephen is related to the other Gems and then his dad just tells him
his mom gave up her physical form to have him.
It's just such a sweet, charming show.

Mazre

Show has really grown on me the more I've watched it. Amethyst is probably my favorite of the gems. I'd have to rank them overall Garnet > Amethyst > Garnet > Pearl > Garnet because quantum mechanics.

Hamlet

New episode was pretty good the lion was pretty adorable
Really loving the music/score for the show so far
Also Keep Beach City Weird. is a real website which is pretty cool http://keepbeachcityweird.tumblr.com/

tumblr_inline_n04mtb9py71rgr4hr.jpg

What a great show I wish it was on when I grew up would have been awesome to have an over enthusiastic chubby kid with a love for life growing up,honestly as much as I love the 90's early 2000 cartoon I can't help but feel that what we get now is so much better.

Mozendo

Bwah! I forgot that new episodes air ;_;
Watched about 3-4 episodes and I really loved it, one of the few cartoons I watching along with Regular Show (going downhill) and Gumball.

Great soundtrack too. I'll see if I watch it from the beginning on Netflix or onDemand

Tizoc

I haven't seen/heard anything to indicate it would? It JUST came back, so I hope not.

Wikipedia states only lists up to Ep. 10 last I checked.

For that matter recent 2 eps. were pretty good, I really like Steven's voice actor, he's really into the role and very vigorous.

Just discovered this show with my daughter in the last week or two. We're both enjoying the marathon going on right now. Very funny, sweet natured show. So much stuff out there is cynical, stupid, or gross.

Much rather have my daughter watch this than current era Spongebob.

Newest episode (Arcade Mania) has a crazy reveal in it. So angry that the artists all spoiled it by putting art of it on their tumblrs as soon as the episode premiered on the east coast :mad:

Couldn't even wait a day, guys?

jwk94

Newest episode (Arcade Mania) has a crazy reveal in it. So angry that the artists all spoiled it by putting art of it on their tumblrs as soon as the episode premiered on the east coast :mad:

Couldn't even wait a day, guys?

Crap i missed it. Is there somewhere I can watch it again?

Tuck

Wasn't really feeling the first episode, so I stopped watching. But maybe I'll give it another shot. Adventure time took a few episodes to grow on me too.

Did Amethyst just twerk for her dance, lol.

EDIT: Wasn't a bad episode overall. It wasn't really funny, but more on the interesting side. Seeing that fusion was pretty cool.

TheOGB

Banned
Now I see why CN was hyping that episode. It wasn't super special, but it was pretty dang neat to see. Steven's song was pretty good, as was the dancing. Still loving these interactions between the gems, and this was a good episode for that.

jwk94

So I'm the only one that really liked the episode? =/

hey does anyone else find Amethyst really hot? >_>

Nope. I don't like her lips.Otherwise, she's cool. Honestly, I'd take the original Amethyst and Garnet designs over the new ones.

No, I quite liked it as well :) Wonder with whom he fuses and what it results in. I suppose we'll find out one day.
It will be interesting to see where they go with that. There's a subtle context to the show of playing fast and loose with gender, with Amethyst frequently shape shifting into a male, and Steven being a male in a traditional magical girl role.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm surprised the Lion is sticking around. Continuity!

That episode got kind of dark in places. Funny dark and then sad dark.

Psxphile

So Many Birthdays

zJWbVl2.png
holy shit this episode

Started off a little slow, with some funny bits and a little bit of background lore on the Gems, and then shit got REAL.

Garnet breaking down was the saddest thing I've seen in some time

LaNaranja

Steven should have
punched that jerk when he was talking shit on his mom. "I didn't even know mom!" (or something like that).
Hit me right in the feels. :'(

Edit: What is the policy on spoilers? How long do we wait before we no longer tag stuff? Tagged the above just in case.

Steven should have
punched that jerk when he was talking shit on his mom. "I didn't even know mom!" (or something like that).
Hit me right in the feels. :'(

Edit: What is the policy on spoilers? How long do we wait before we no longer tag stuff? Tagged the above just in case.

That part caught me so off guard I could feel myself almost cry. That was... really potent.

Psxphile

A while back someone who probably has ties to the show's crew leaked episode titles and one-sentence-descriptions of Season 1 online, on a Ben 10 forum of all places. The episodes that have aired since that list was was made public have matched up, proving their legitimacy (even if some of the titles were altered in final). It also suggests CN has been airing episodes out of order.

Now the same leaker has resurfaced and posted a new list, comprised of Season 2 episodes (#s 27-52). No way to verify these are real until next fall at the earliest when they should start airing them, so for now take these with a grain of salt. However, I'm inclined to believe they could be accurate based on the previous list (an inclination that will rise as more episodes start matching up).

Link to forum posts in question. Remember: there are potentially real spoilers in that link so don't click if you don't want to see them.

Some of those season 2 eps, if true:
aw yish

EDIT: holy crap, those leaked episode titles have appeared on CN's own site but they're being listed as Season 1. What does it mean?

EDIT: oh I see, guy's just manipulating contentID codes on CartoonNetwork.com in order to suss out XML source files, like this one for Regular Show Season 5 (all these episodes have already aired). Clever girl. I guess that means they're legit since it's CN putting these up.

52 x 12 min episodes = one season? That makes sense, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom