• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Universe |OT| Truly, Truly, Truly Outrageous

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
"Act like a rich duck"

That got a good chuckle out of me.

Yeah, I almost spit out my dinner when I heard that.

Edit: Whoa, Season 1 for $24.99 on iTunes? Bought so hard.

Psxphile

"I lost something, something precious."
"YOUR INNOCENCE?!"

That's... that's quite the jump there, Greg.

FjUXAsI.jpg

That boy ain't right, I tell you what.

EDIT: are we confirmed for hiatus? Do we know when's the show coming back?

Onion sure is a complex kid; tossing perfectly good sandwiches into the ocean, wrecking his own moped, actually being formidable enough to take on the Gems...

Hell, he got Steven to trade that wand for his own toy (How did he get his hands on that anyway?).

I have to admit though. The second half sure made him pretty evil if not for the fact he misses his dad.

Training scene was pretty cool but the end of that,
(where Pearl gets stabbed after being distracted)
, I didn't see coming.

The rest of the episode was good.

jwk94

Training scene was pretty cool but the end of that,
(where Pearl gets stabbed after being distracted)
, I didn't see coming.

The rest of the episode was good.

Neither did I. I really hope they tell us more about Rose "giving up her physical form" soon. If she had just died during child birth, wouldn't it make sense that she'd have returned by now? Although she wouldn't have a gem to return to...

So the action figures on Steven's windowsill were totally supposed to be Pikachu, Dante, Sonic and Cloud, right?

Also I should probably update the episode guide 'cuz it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind... >_>

TheOGB

Banned
New episodes premeire on Wednesdays now because Clarence is taking the 7pm/6pm slot on Mondays. And it's 7/6 instead of 8/7 because Adult Swim starts an hour earlier now.

Psxphile

New episodes premeire on Wednesdays now because Clarence is taking the 7pm/6pm slot on Mondays. And it's 7/6 instead of 8/7 because Adult Swim starts an hour earlier now.

IT'S PANDEMONIUM!

Great ep. As usual, take an interesting prospect like sword training with a hologram and make it DARK AS FUCK. Looks like Pearl got a new outfit out the deal, though.

Oh! I had no idea that started already, time sure flies. Thanks for the heads up.

TheOGB

Banned
I really liked tonight's episode. It was funny, cute and charming, and it built up Steven's powers a bit more. It had just about everything I enjoy about this show.

Oh my gosh today's episode was great.
At this point, it feels like Steven's lion is a rather important part of his mom's past life.
The fact that she had her own "Batcave" was pretty swell, and the rose sword was a neat concept. Steven is essentially a knight in rose armor. Can't wait for the next episode!

Also, since I got nowhere to post it, my girlfriend and I cosplayed as Steven and Connie a few days ago, so...

Neither did I. I really hope they tell us more about Rose "giving up her physical form" soon. If she had just died during child birth, wouldn't it make sense that she'd have returned by now? Although she wouldn't have a gem to return to...

Woah. Wait.
The lion. Could it be...

Psxphile

^ that's incredible. Love it.

I missed the first few minutes but caught the rest. Excellent episode, the reveal of a "Rose Cave" seems like a detail that will become much more pronounced and important as the season continues.

jwk94

Oh my gosh today's episode was great.
At this point, it feels like Steven's lion is a rather important part of his mom's past life.
The fact that she had her own "Batcave" was pretty swell, and the rose sword was a neat concept. Steven is essentially a knight in rose armor. Can't wait for the next episode!

Also, since I got nowhere to post it, my girlfriend and I cosplayed as Steven and Connie a few days ago, so...
This is adorable.

Woah. Wait.
The lion. Could it be...
I think we're thinking the same thing! But I also think the lion is too carefree for that to be true.

I missed the first few minutes but caught the rest. Excellent episode, the reveal of a "Rose Cave" seems like a detail that will become much more pronounced and important as the season continues.
I wonder if Steven will mention it to the Gems.

This is adorable.

Aww, that's really cool :)

She said thank you for the nice comments! :)
also shes reading this thread don't tell her nothing about me oh god

Woah. Wait.
The lion. Could it be...
That would be way too cool for school.
I feel like the lion could have been like, Sailor Moon's cat, except for Rose.
Then it left, grew up, and came back to be with Steven.

Belfast

So the action figures on Steven's windowsill were totally supposed to be Pikachu, Dante, Sonic and Cloud, right?

Also I should probably update the episode guide 'cuz it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind... >_>

I thought the second one was Gitaroo Man which is amazing considering it's far more obscure than the others.

I think we're thinking the same thing! But I also think the lion is too carefree for that to be true.

I wonder if Steven will mention it to the Gems.

There's something going on with Lion though. He has some connection with Rose.

Yeah I wonder if the other Gems knew about Rose's cave. I love how this show is introducing stuff without giving straight answers.

Banzai

Saw the first two episodes of this. Probably not enough to form an actual opinion, but I already find Steven annoying. The one the gem in her forehead is pretty cool though. Will keep watching.

Saw the first two episodes of this. Probably not enough to form an actual opinion, but I already find Steven annoying. The one the gem in her forehead is pretty cool though. Will keep watching.

Hahahahaha you think Steven is annoying and like Pearl? She's supposed to be the naggy annoying one, hehehe. Keep going with it though, it just keeps getting better and better!

Banzai

Okay, I've come around. Steven's not so annoying, I actually find him kind of funny now. I liked how he yelled at Lars when he talked about his mother. It showed there's a little more to his character.
Is Pearl supposed to be OCD? The way she smashed the pie in her face while crying was hilarious.

Also I don't think I've ever had an intro tune stuck in my head as long as this one. Jesus that's catchy.

"We are the Crystal Gems..."

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
I loved everything about the pizza family. Really cool designs and personalities.

Wouldn't mind if they popped up more often.

Finally saw all the episodes I missed. The new episodes come on shuch a weird day, that I sometimes forget to watch them. I really liked the beach episode, the father was really funny.

"If you touch that ball your grounded!" Haha.

I also saw the episode where Pearl was fighting that training dummy, and
died
. It's kinda weird that the gems
can't die
. They just take a long time to make another body. I wonder what would happen if
their actual gem got smashed? Would they die then? Actually, this also means that Steven can't die either
. I don't know, that episode left me with so many questions. Regardless, it had a nice fight in it. It was better then I thought it would be.

So yes, I'm still enjoying the show.

Persona7

Banned
I missed Beach Party but Cartoon Network on demand sucks and when the episodes finally come out they are not HD and look worse than the SD channel broadcasts.

Adult Swim on demand is the same. Even HBO has been putting SD broadcasts up instead of the HD ones they had before.

Psxphile

Apparently Coach Steven aired somewhere in Asia recently: slight spoilers therein.

If you wanted to know what Sugilite looks like, get an early glimpse. Also apparently,
Pearl sings in this episode.

C'mon, CN... why are you pushing new episodes back into July-August? We're falling behind over here!

Tizoc

Catching up and the Lion 2 episode...
why did Lion take them to that armory-like place for again?

Psxphile

Kid's show!

But seriously, I said goddamn
during the dance. And Pearl's song was nice.

Nicki Minaj voiced Sugilite.
Seems every Gem iteration has (so far) been voiced by professional singers.

Amethyst's weird little bug-eyed dance of jubilation
at the thought of fusing with Garnet
was cute as fuck:

tumblr_n8xr23avxo1tfqqdvo2_250.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom