• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Universe |OT| Truly, Truly, Truly Outrageous

Status
Not open for further replies.

explodet

A disservice, as it leaves out Steven and Pearl's reactions.

http://a.pomf.se/vcqixx.webm
But then it wouldn't sync to the song.
Not a fan?

As for the latest word:
tumblr_n9brstlOSF1smn4pqo1_1280.png

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.

KiN0

I read a pretty interesting theory that garnet might be a fusion gem. She shares lots of qualities with the other fusions.
1. She's larger and stronger than average.
2. She has two gems and two weapons.
3. When she opened that door in together breakfast, two of the stones lit up.
she has an extra body part
5. And as a more subtle clue, she is also voice by a famous singer.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
I read a pretty interesting theory that garnet might be a fusion gem. She shares lots of qualities with the other fusions.
1. She's larger and stronger than average.
2. She has two gems and two weapons.
3. When she opened that door in together breakfast, two of the stones lit up.
she has an extra body part
5. And as a more subtle clue, she is also voice by a famous singer.

Really solid theory. Even if it ends up not being true, it's still pretty clever.

Garnet only has one weapon it just comes in a pair.

Well, she can transform it into a different weapon.

Not sure if that's what Pearl does though cause I remember her having a sword.
Either way I find it interesting how she has 2 jems and 3 eyes and is just flat out stronger than the others.

jwk94

Well, she can transform it into a different weapon.

Not sure if that's what Pearl does though cause I remember her having a sword.
Either way I find it interesting how she has 2 jems and 3 eyes and is just flat out stronger than the others.

When did Garnet transform it into another weapon? I don't remember this. ><

It'd be funny if she really is a fusion and one day she just de-fuses to the surprise of everyone.

So Coach Steven aired in Canada. Here's a YT link

Sugilite was awesome. Fun fact: she's voiced by nicki minaj!

Damn it....I'm super late. lol
Oh well...the 21st isn't very far away.

Anyways, I just barely got done watching the "Beach Party" episode, and I really liked that African family that runs the pizza shop.
They were really funny and their designs are great.

I was able to watch the Coach Steven episode, and I gotta say that
I really liked Nicki Minaj as sugilite. Her voice and acting actually complimented a pretty badass looking design.
I was kind of scared that she would do her black Olive Oyl voice for this role; luckily I was wrong.
Also, I loved the song that randomly appears while Steven and the other characters are working out. Steven and Pearl should sing more, and Garnet should dance more.

Great episode!
Btw how is this show doing ratings wise??

jwk94

Where's the best place to purchase Steven Universe so I can download the episodes and actually own them? I'm looking at Amazon, iTunes, and Google Play but it looks like iTunes is the only place that will let me download them to my computer.

Mazre

Thought the time travel episode was great. Lost it when the car wash caught on fire, and thought Steven losing his patience with himself was very fitting, songs were great too, especially the reprisal at the end.

Psxphile

Weird not seeing this thread bumped, when that last episode (Monster Buddies) had more fuel for the "gem-monsters-might-be-corrupted-gem-people" theory. And Centipeedle spazzing out whenever it saw Garnet's gauntlets was especially noteworthy.

Also, new preview for next Thursday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiY7g1zttdw

That sound effect.

TheOGB

Banned
The last two episodes were incredibly charming and heartwarming, and they're setting up some really interesting stuff with Steven's powers. I can't wait for next week's half-hour episode!

Psxphile

"Oh Steven... you don't have healing tears. You&#8217;ll never have any real magic powers, and we don&#8217;t want anything more to do with you."

I SAID GODDAMN.

Actually Pearl was acting even more peculiar than usual throughout the ep, and I want to attribute that to the fact that Steven's narrating and he's already embellished a bit (the above quote) but...

Anyways, the extended promo.

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/jwscuvfbojo15ul/Preview.mp4

dis gonna b gud

EDIT: And now a preview!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-CpSahta1k

I liked the new episode a lot. I love how Rose is not only portrayed as a character that everyone looks up to and Stephen feels he can't live up to, despite being his mother in a series ostensibly aimed at boys, but is not generically skinny, and in a different way than both Garnet and Amethyst. I liked the way Steven and Connie interacted, it was adorable. Considering the title and the anime influences, it's kind of surprising that they didn't play up the indirect kiss as an "indirect kissu".

Not watching the preview, but judging solely from the next episode title and the fact that it's a full half hour, it looks like we may finally be getting a named sapient villain and/or evil counterparts to the Crystal Gems.

Just spent all day catching up with the series in preparation for the half-hour special. Gotta say my favorite episode now has to be Coach Steven. Dat dance sequence, dat Sugilite, dat song by Pearl and Steven! So damn good! Pearl is truly best Gem. Anywho, only a few more hours. Let's get amped, guys.

TheOGB

Banned
"That lil boy is in trouble." Ha

First half went by quick but uh, well. Things are already pretty interesting.

Edit: Bahahaha, we need a gif of Garnet bailing

Epcott

Awesome double episode. So much potential in this show, I like the glimpse of a much greater universe for Steven & Co.

KiN0

Amazing episodes with some really impressive art and animation. I'm also really glad that they have been developing steven's power's more actively these past episode. I can't wait for the next season. The show has really come into its own. These episodes have put steven universe up there with Gravity Falls for me.

Yeah, this is the sort of show I was hoping it would grow into. Really great animation and art, interesting universe, fun cast of characters. A+ episodes, good job Steven Universe.

Yeah, this was a really good set of episodes. I liked how they explained what the monsters are, but then didn't really explain what Lapis meant with what she was saying. Speaking of Lapis, I like her design and powers; if this series had a My Little Pony level of fan art creation, I'd say we should expect a Luna style blowout.

KiN0

I took a look at the episode list for the next season and the show is really going to be going places. I am so pleased with how it's turned out.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I took a look at the episode list for the next season and the show is really going to be going places. I am so pleased with how it's turned out.

A link to this list, please?

"Mirror Gem" and"Ocean Gem" were both fantastic.
The art, and character acting/animation was great as usual (That fight scene in the last half was awesome)
I loved Lapis's design, I loved how she interacted with Steven in the first half of the episode (it was pretty creative), and I loved how they used her as a vehicle to deliver more info about the nature of the Gems
(I feel kind of dumb for not figuring out the "Monsters= Corrupted Gems" thing before hand :p)
All of that lore teasing has gotten me really curious, I really hope we get more interaction with other
humanoid non-corrupted
gems in the future seasons.
Also, I LOVE how they're sort of easing Steven into learning his powers. It shows a lot of believable growth.

Link???

Just started catching odd episodes of this show the past couple weeks, only seen maybe 4 or 5 total, but I'm completely in love with it. Hope it comes to netflix soon so I can really dig into it.

KiN0

"Mirror Gem" and"Ocean Gem" were both fantastic.
The art, and character acting/animation was great as usual (That fight scene in the last half was awesome)
I loved Lapis's design, I loved how she interacted with Steven in the first half of the episode (it was pretty creative), and I loved how they used her as a vehicle to deliver more info about the nature of the Gems
(I feel kind of dumb for not figuring out the "Monsters= Corrupted Gems" thing before hand :p)
All of that lore teasing has gotten me really curious, I really hope we get more interaction with other
humanoid non-corrupted
gems in the future seasons.
Also, I LOVE how they're sort of easing Steven into learning his powers. It shows a lot of believable growth.

Link???
The show really does have some beautiful artwork. Not just in the backgrounds but also in the character designs. Aside from amethyst, I think I've loved every design I've seen so far.

rexor0717

I love the way this show has been introducing its lore. Its just dribbles small amounts over the episodes, giving you enough to be curious in a satisfying way. The last three episodes have been great about this. I really hope this show continues for a long time.

Missed the half hour yesterday so I barely caught up. Wow. That was damn great. Those damn Steven Universe writers really hooked me with that one. Now I can't ever miss an episode because I really want to know what happens. Also, dat Garnet with the Star Platinum moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom