• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Universe |OT4| Every Rose Has Its Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
190.gif

I never understood this meme.

Zubz

Banned
I never understood this meme.

There's a scene in Samurai Jack where it sounds like Aku is ordering a pizza, but is actually ordering a henchman. He gets excited when he asks for his order "extra thick," so people took the clip out of context again to make it seem like Aku's ranting about a preference for curvy partners.

Tizoc

Paprika needs to shut up.
Her shtick got old in her debut episode, and her always remarking about what's happened has become irritating and pointless.

Psxphile

^ nope

There was a "leak" that said new episodes would start airing in August, but it turned out to be a 4chan ruse that got picked up for a brief time.

zulux21

^ nope

There was a "leak" that said new episodes would start airing in August, but it turned out to be a 4chan ruse that got picked up for a brief time.

I imagine like usual it will be 1-2 months of silence and then like a week before new episodes air we will get a random promo and then like the next day some of the episodes will leak.

A hiatus was expected, especially after the Wanted event. At least it had a good enough ending to leave people satisfied.

The worst hiatus so far was that 3-4 month stretch in early 2016 after Log Date 7 15 2 where there was zero word from Cartoon Network on new episodes. That hiatus was made even worse because of the leaks of Super Watermelon Island and Barn Mates.

I think we'll probably get word on the next episodes by the end of June.

I wonder if we'll get a big, Summer of Steven-style glut of episodes again.

While that would be nice, part of me isn't expecting that to be the case because of how great the release schedule has been since Summer of Steven itself - we've gotten through, what, like, at least two seasons' worth of episodes in a little under a year? That's crazy. Going by a hiatus-ridden period during a time like Season 2 you'd never expect it to pick up like that.

Tizoc

So I've not been following much of the fan discussion but am up to date for the most part.
Was there an explanation on why White Diamond didn't show up yet?

Raxus

So I've not been following much of the fan discussion but am up to date for the most part.
Was there an explanation on why White Diamond didn't show up yet?

She's kind of a growing menace in the background, especially in the light of the new revelations in the trail.

So far no mentions outside of the mural, the picture in It Could Have Been Great and The Trial giving some general hints about White.

If I had to venture a guess White is directly responsible for Gem Corruption.

Jofamo

All three diamonds but the one on the far left have been revealed. Most people assume that the unrevealed one is called White Diamond and is the true main antagonist of the series.

Sorry, I was just messing with ya, because other than the mural and the Diamond insignia, White Diamond has never been referred to on the show, name or otherwise. It's unlikely the SU team would even acknowledge her yet.

Raxus

All three diamonds but the one on the far left have been revealed. Most people assume that the unrevealed one is called White Diamond and is the true main antagonist of the series.

While Pink Diamond is the center of a lot of discussion we still have yet to SEE Pink along with White. Considering everything going on I think she will be revealed sooner than White.

Tizoc

Wait when did we get to see Pink Diamond? I mean we don't know much about her aside from Rose having shattered her.

Speaking of which, Pearl is white so did she defected from White Diamond?

Wait when did we get to see Pink Diamond? I mean we don't know much about her aside from Rose having shattered her.

Sorry, I meant named. Everyone diamond but the far left one has been officially named.

While Pink Diamond is the center of a lot of discussion we still have yet to SEE Pink along with White. Considering everything going on I think she will be revealed sooner than White.
I'm guessing we'll finally get a look at Pink Diamond in a flashback episode (possibly Pearl's) that may also reveal who her actual murdered/shatterer is.

White Diamond may get a name drop this season, but I doubt we see her before Season 6.

Pearl's backstory is unknown. It's possible that she was White Diamond's Pearl (possible evidence being that her gem location is her forehead, the same as White Diamond's gem in the mural, and Blue and Yellow Pearl have their gems in their upper chest like their Diamonds'). But she may also have been Pink Diamond's Pearl (possible evidence could be Pearl's spacesuit from Space Race having a pink diamond on it). Then there's the theory that she originally belonged to White Diamond, but she was gifted to Pink Diamond by White Diamond, which is how she met Rose.

Psxphile

Pearl's backstory is unknown. It's possible that she was White Diamond's Pearl, but she may also have been Pink Diamond's Pearl (possible evidence could be Pearl's spacesuit from Space Race having a pink diamond on it). Then there's the theory that she originally belonged to White Diamond, but she was gifted to Pink Diamond by White Diamond, which is how she met Rose.

It might not matter much but Pearl's hair color is, officially, pink.... despite it not really looking like it. It was stated in that Guide to the Crystal Gems book. The flight suit is much more relevant, though.

White Diamond looks like she's wearing a dress on the mural. Then again, so does Yellow Diamond but her jacket kind of looks similar to the mural. Pink Diamond doesn't seem to have any detailednclothing on her mural though.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I wonder if a hint to Pearl being White Diamond's is Pearl's personality. Yellow and Blue's Pearls mirror their diamonds: Blue Pearl is quiet and emotional. Yellow Pearl is militaristic and precise.

We haven't seen Pink Diamond in person, but one gets the idea she might have been the warmest of the diamonds. That doesn't match Pearl. Pearl is is obsessed with protocol, can be vain and has a bit of a superiority complex. Sounds like the Pearl of the supreme diamond.

Opto

Banned
I wonder if a hint to Pearl being White Diamond's is Pearl's personality. Yellow and Blue's Pearls mirror their diamonds: Blue Pearl is quiet and emotional. Yellow Pearl is militaristic and precise.

We haven't seen Pink Diamond in person, but one gets the idea she might have been the warmest of the diamonds. That doesn't match Pearl. Pearl is is obsessed with protocol, can be vain and has a bit of a superiority complex. Sounds like the Pearl of the supreme diamond.
When Jasper calls Pearl defective, the possibilities of what this means have only grown. Is there something off about her gem? Or because of her self actualization as a warrior and engineer type, she has gone against her expected role so much, it's seen as a defect? Maybe she already divergent as WD's pearl, but was gift to/rescued by PD, but being PD's pearl obviously wasn't enough for her or her love for Rose outweighed her obligation to her new diamond, much like Ruby with Sapphire

Psxphile

Her gem isn't perfectly round and spherical like Blue and Yellow Pearl's gems, hers is more oblong. So there's that. Having gone against her intended role in Gem society would also qualify. A Pearl wielding a weapon and putting herself on the frontline must be seen as some kind of aberration on Homeworld.

Tizoc

Some interesting theories.

Curiously enough, could there be more than 1 Pearl for each Diamond?
Like say Yellow Pearl Cut 52 and Yellow Pearl Cut 78?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom