• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Universe |OT4| Every Rose Has Its Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psxphile

I swear to christ if that's the next episode im so fucking done

As KenzinFive suggested, it's more likely the name of one of the marathons CN does for reruns. Zap2it is known to list those on their site. There's certainly enough Onion-related episodes to feed a marathon now.

The show also just went through a stretch of 6 very dramatic and plot-heavy episodes (9 if you count Lion 4 and the two episodes ending with Aquamarine and Topaz' shadows).

If Onion Family is an episode, I'd be more than OK with the show unwinding and lowering the immediate tension for a bit. It's not like it would be irrelevant to the plot either, since it would probably deal with the fallout of Onion's kidnapping, which ties it to the previous episodes.

And I say this as someone who views Onion Gang as the worst episode in the entire show.

I'm not sure if Onion Family will be the next episode exactly (or if it's even an episode at all seeing as it's also the name of a marathon). But there should definitely be
an episode dealing with each of the people who were kidnapped. Lars/Sadie will probably be dealt with in the same episode (possibly the very next one), Connie's episode will probably deal with her being angry/disappointed that Steven gave himself up, and then we have an episode each for Jamie and Onion. Like him or not, Onion's been built up as one of Steven's few actual friends so he and his family deserve an episode, especially when you consider Sour Cream was out looking for him in Are You My Dad?

I hope that's what the episode is about because I can't really stand Onion.

Anyone here going to San Diego Comic Con in a few weeks? There are some exclusive plushies you could grab. The lineup includes Lapis, Lion, and a Cookie Cat.

Steven Universe fans unite! Cartoon Network and Zag Toys teamed up together to bring you the best of the best Steven Universe plushies ever made! With pink lion being a Fan Favorite, he was a must for this year’s SDCC. This Plushie stands around 15” tall and made of ultra-soft and cuddly plush material. With the Steven Universe episode coming out this summer, this plushie will be a Huge hit at this years SDCC.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm fine with Onion, he's still crazy but less over the top than when he first appeared, and Steven currently knows he can be dangerous and reacts accordingly. Plus, an episode centered around his family is more than ok. Like KenzinFive said, winding down and showing the fallout of the kidnapping situation would be good.

Then again, I don't mind Beach City episodes focused on the residents and look forward to them just as much as the plot heavy ones. :p

Anyone here going to San Diego Comic Con in a few weeks? There are some exclusive plushies you could grab. The lineup includes Lapis, Lion, and a Cookie Cat.
That Cookie Cat jumbo plushie is dope.

PSqueak

Banned
In hindsight, it just hit me.

There is no way in hell that Sadie won't demand Steven to take her to lion so she can help Lars and the off colors.

TheSun

Hehehe, Man looking back the hiatus that happened where Beach Party aired was the one that first got me shook.

"Oh no! This show is gonna be cancelled!" says slightly younger I, little did I know that hiatus's were gonna be the lifeblood of this show.

In any case I'm not in the mood to wait ages to finally get shit like Onion Friend or Rocknaldo. If they are gonna make normal folk episodes, then for God sakes don't include Ronaldo.

But yeah, still waitin'.

hupla

we got the SU art book in at my work, flipped through it and its awesome. wanna pick it up tomorrow hopefully

edit: ended up getting it and its ana amazing art book, so so much good stuff in there the pages on monster concept designs are especially great

Psxphile

we got the SU art book in at my work, flipped through it and its awesome. wanna pick it up tomorrow hopefully

edit: ended up getting it and its ana amazing art book, so so much good stuff in there the pages on monster concept designs are especially great

CwwUE9c.png

It's a pretty good "What if...?" book, in any case.

Per the leaks subreddit, we may have a more legit episode title: https://kametsu.com/topic/57130-cartoon-network-unofficial-previews/?page=9

"Reunited (22 minutes long)".
Sounds like a fitting continuation to Wanted.

Not sure if it will be
a two-parter event or a legit 22 minute episode like Bismuth and Gem Harvest
, but that's a hell of a title. I imagine it will deal with the aftermath of Wanted, with
a focus on either Steven and his family (and Connie) and/or Lars and his family & Sadie. Those seem to be the most pressing plot points that should probably be immediately dealt with.

I really hope that they address
the Gems, Greg, and Connie (especially Connie) being distressed and worried that Steven was willing to sacrifice himself like that. Somebody needs to have a serious conversation with him about his self-guilt and thinking that he needs to pay for Rose's sins.

caliph95

Code:
[IMG]http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/080/394/dbd.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/993/987/e82.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/998/717/944.png[/IMG]

Mr Swine

Banned
^ Those bumpers, especially the second one with the Fusions, are just incredible.

I just finished up some art that's taken me a couple of weeks to complete. I wanted to try and sum up the events of the 'Wanted' arc in one picture!

Wow that is some great SU art! Love it! 😍

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
^ Those bumpers, especially the second one with the Fusions, are just incredible.

I just finished up some art that's taken me a couple of weeks to complete. I wanted to try and sum up the events of the 'Wanted' arc in one picture!
Good stuff. :) Could easily be a cover of the comic.

Straight from the source, we've got an SDCC panel for Friday the 21st:

Hang out with Rebecca Sugar, Steven, and the Gems and be the first to hear the latest updates from Beach City. That's right, CN is bringing your favorite Steven Universe characters back to the ballroom! They've got never-before-seen footage, exciting announcements, and answers to all your burning questions! Okay . . . maybe not all of them. Join Rebecca Sugar (creator), Deedee Magno-Hall (voice of Pearl), Michaela Dietz (voice of Amethyst), Estelle (voice of Garnet), and A. J. Michalka (voice of Stevonnie) with half-Gem/half-human Steven Universe Zach Callison serving as half-guest/half-moderator.

New footage is always nice. Maybe we'll get an announcement of upcoming air dates?

tumblr_inline_osr4ypj3Z11th1axb_540.png

art book dropping some knowledge

EDIT: "Blueland"
"New Australia"

Interesting...

...huh. So I guess we have more concrete locations for some of these Gem facilities, then? I would have thought the Galaxy Warp and Sea Spire would be switched around, but I guess I can try and label the "official" Gem location map that popped up in Buddy's Book and It Could've Been Great:

XGtAXIL.jpg

For reference, this is based on a Tumblr user's map, so the "hard confirmations" of the kindergartens and Strawberry Battlefield are already labeled.

1. "Sea Shrine" (possibly the complex that housed the Time Thing from Steven and the Stevens? EDIT except not really: the wiki seems to confirm this)

2. Centi's ship(s)

3. Mask Island

4. Lunar Sea Spire (I personally thought this would have been the Galaxy Warp, considering how quickly Lapis got to it from Empire City in Same Old World)

5. Ocean Gem(?) - maybe where Lapis built her ocean tower thing? The show seems to mark it as a preexisting location, though.

6. Rose's Fountain

7. Location of Desert Glass / Lion

8. ???

9. Sky Spire

10. Sky Arena. Evidently this one got slightly retconned - It Could've Been Great depicts it as being closer to the Sky Spire, while Buddy's Book moves it further southeast, which is more consistent with the artbook's placement.

11. Galaxy Warp (I personally thought this would have been the Lunar Sea Spire)

12. Shooting Star Shrine

Interestingly, the artbook lists the "Comm Relay" (which I'm guessing is the Communications Hub) in the location of the Beta Kindergarten, so while it could still be somewhere in the American Southwest, I have a feeling it's probably farther away than that from the Temple. It's always twilight when the gems go there despite being daytime in Delmarva, after all, which would suggest it's nearly on the other side of the planet. Not only that, but Sugilite was coming back from the ocean, so maybe it's now #8?

Alternatively, going by process of elimination, #8 might be Rose's armory? Although considering Pearl said the armory was several hours of hiking and climbing away from the nearest Warp Pad, maybe the closest adjacent warp could be something like the one to the fountain.

Adding on to the above, the only real other Gem location that springs to mind is Bismuth's Forge (which seems inaccessible without Bismuth herself), and the snowy location with the giant wailing stone from Gem Hunt. This could be a similar situation to the above, though, where the Gem Hunt area is actually the "source" location, and the Shooting Star Shrine is actually some distance away, given Garnet said the shrine itself was some distance from the warp pad.

It's kind of interesting that we may have actually seen all of Earth's Gem installations already, though given we've seen new ones as recently as Bismuth's Forge and the Palanquin, evidently we may still be in store for a few surprises.

EDIT: Dammit, I knew I was forgetting something. Where's the Geode?

tumblr_inline_osr4ypj3Z11th1axb_540.png

art book dropping some knowledge

EDIT: "Blueland"
"New Australia"

Interesting...

lol
"...for hitting that!"
I think the notes surrounding the (awesome looking) Bismuth concept art is really interesting.
I mean, I love how her idea of Pearl is basically that of a high class trophy wife that fights and kills people.
Also we didn't really get to see it, but the book reveals that Bismuth and Pearl are apparently supposed to have a flirty relationship.

Edit: Woah, hold up, South America is just straight up called "Pangea" on SU's Earth?!? I would have gone with Gondwana, but that's still pretty dope. I really want to see more of the Steven Universe's...Universe's earth.

Psxphile

Obviously they're not considering her past but only her present. And even then, uh...

tumblr_oncbu28vAG1vnokczo1_540.gif

... they must have missed an episode.

caliph95

Becuase how much of a nerd i am i went through the article and it's full of shit. At least around half of them the rest just don't have romantic interest and only a few would be asexual.

caliph95

All the Harry potter charcters is wrong (well except Weasly idk about him) they either got married in the books like Luna or had relationship that has been stated in the filn like Newt. Aslo Dumbledore's gay i thought everybody knew that.

I don't know enough about the Doctor but at least they mentioned it doesn't apply to Ten and eleven. Still though.

Sheldon has a girlfirend last thing i check.

Fucking Belle, really dude/gal

Liz Lemon had a lot of boyfriends

Katniss had a love triangle and clearly interested in the two boys, seriously

Jughead has been changed for the show but i would give them t may change but that devalues their point

caliph95

Also from what i understand Asexual only applies to sexuality not romance ( i honestly don't how that works better off doing more research but there)

I never read buzzfeed and i think i know why

Also from what i understand Asexual only applies to sexuality not romance ( i honestly don't how that works better off doing more research but there)

I never read buzzfeed and i think i know why

People can be asexual, aromantic, both, or neither. An aromantic person can still be sexually attracted to people and want to engage in sexual activities while an asexual person can be romantically attracted to people but not want to purse anything sexual with said persons.

Bojack Horseman S3 has a character go through an arc about their asexuality in a very subtle way that shows this.

Psxphile

Gem design concepts found in the SU art book seem to have more than a passing resemblance to some of the corrupted gems we've seen before. Possibly more to be matched in the future. The gem names they have seem to be placeholder, they aren't the names of real gems or even minerals. Hard to say if those designs will still be canon.

Taken from here, which includes fan vector artwork of the concept designs.

And I think we all knew the Heaven and Earth Beetles were going to be precious tiny babby Gems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom