• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Universe |OT4| Every Rose Has Its Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Kid

has anyone heard anything about the signing at SDCC, as in, how to get a ticket for it or whatever you need.

Typically that signing is located in the Sails Pavillion. There is a drawing in the morning right when it opens (which means be there hours before in line), and there is a chance you can draw a ticket for the signing later in the day (which is at like 4:30).

ReAxion

Typically that signing is located in the Sails Pavillion. There is a drawing in the morning right when it opens (which means be there hours before in line), and there is a chance you can draw a ticket for the signing later in the day (which is at like 4:30).

guess i'm skipping that to be in line for the actual panel... damn it. thanks.

ReAxion

That's probably the better option. The panel is guaranteed if you get there early enough, the drawing not so much.

yeah i didn't get in last year, waited for hours. i like my chances this year better since i'm staying in the hotel and not a 20 minute bus ride away.

Steven Universe is getting an official podcast with its first episode tomorrow featuring an interview with Rebecca and Steven Sugar. Fan-turned-CN-intern MKAtwood (creator of the Pearl's Secret Rap Career videos) will be the host.: http://cartoonnetwork.tumblr.com/post/163186834341/catch-an-exclusive-interview-with-rebeccasugar

This...this is a first, I think. Did Adventure Time ever have a podcast officially run by Cartoon Network employees?

It also pretty much seals the deal that Steven Universe is getting renewed. A company doesn't start an official podcast for a show if it's airing its final season.

Steven Universe is getting an official podcast with its first episode tomorrow featuring an interview with Rebecca and Steven Sugar. Fan-turned-CN-intern MKAtwood (creator of the Pearl's Secret Rap Career videos) will be the host.: http://cartoonnetwork.tumblr.com/post/163186834341/catch-an-exclusive-interview-with-rebeccasugar

This...this is a first, I think. Did Adventure Time ever have a podcast officially run by Cartoon Network employees?

It also pretty much seals the deal that Steven Universe is getting renewed. A company doesn't start an official podcast for a show if it's airing its final season.

Oh neat!! I'll definitely be listening in.

Psxphile

aRK4AdE.jpg

Look sharp: for those of you bummed on missing out on the SDCC-exclusive SU soundtrack vinyl, fear not! Apparently iam8bit will be taking orders exclusively on their shop page starting Friday at 1PM PST. No idea if supplies are limited (will it be allotments from the 3k reserved for SDCC or a new batch?) so if you really want that record, hit up this link when it goes live:

https://store.iam8bit.com/collections/steven-universe

aRK4AdE.jpg

Look sharp: for those of you bummed on missing out on the SDCC-exclusive SU soundtrack vinyl, fear not! Apparently iam8bit will be taking orders exclusively on their shop page starting Friday at 1PM PST. No idea if supplies are limited (will it be allotments from the 3k reserved for SDCC or a new batch?) so if you really want that record, hit up this link when it goes live:

https://store.iam8bit.com/collections/steven-universe

HAHAHAHAA

HA! HAHAHA!

Of course iam8shit would get this. Be prepared to pay $80 for it, with $30 shipping and have it be delayed half a year.

I guess if we're up to making predictions, I'm going to say that they will probably show a clip of an upcoming episode and probably give an airing window. I'm not sure if official renewal news will come at a time like this. If they have a trailer of sorts to show what is coming down the road, that could get a lot of people talking about it.

All things considered, I'm keeping mild expectations.

Jofamo

I've been thinking a lot about White Diamond recently, and what she'd be like.

I guess all this time I'd been thinking WD would be a ruthless tyrant, hell bent on Gem expansion at any cost.

But I realised that's everything Yellow Diamond has going for her. That role is filled. She's the militaristic, ruthless angry Diamond.

Blue Diamond is a little more sympathetic (although we don't really know much about her pre-PD shattering - she's been affected greatly by that event). She's still cruel and rule driven, but is more into strategic planning.

So where does that leave WD? I'm not completely sure. I think they'll go in a completely different direction with her character. She's obviously going to be the big bad Homeworld leader, but her character will be interesting to see.

I also suspect she'll look, and act a lot older than either YD or BD. The mural showing PD had her with just one planet under her belt (Earth), and YD and BD sound like they treated her more like a little sister, making me think PD was relatively young compared to them. It wouldn't surprise me if WD was comparatively older than YD or BD too.

In any case, they're gearing up for a WD reveal soon, especially with the SDCC promo poster.

Psxphile

I need a PC version. At least Grumpyface isn't staying mum about it.

the trailer still ends with "coming to consoles" so uhhhhhhhh

I mean, you can clearly see the PS-style button prompts but the PS4 version was never a secret. Not sure why CN is dragging their feet on that.

EDIT: dat soundtrack vinyl though
EDIT: something huge just dropped, spoilers: https://twitter.com/MissGloop/status/888467450181820416
confirmed from multiple sources, no pics or video yet

Joeytj

Banned
I'm here at the SDCC panel.

Amazing clip of the next new episode.
Lars and the Off Colors stole a ship and he's now the badass captain of the ship by the time Steven and Connie travel through Lion and visit him. They're being chased by Homeworld of course.

Also, we saw a trailer for the rest of the season.
The town and Sadie are feeing terrible because of Lars missing and Steven feels guilty about leaving him there and his overall actions.

Psxphile

Damn, I want to see that S5 trailer but it sounds like no one was allowed to record during? Hope CN uploads it to youtube soon.
Also, sounds like SU won't be back with new episodes until Fall.
EDIT: well there's audio of the fan reaction but the recorder decided no to capture what was happening onscreen. Lame.
EDIT: during the live Q&A CN is streaming Rebecca may have accidentally confirmed the existence of a new fusion:
a new Rainbow Quartz

zulux21

Damn, I want to see that S5 trailer but it sounds like no one was allowed to record during? Hope CN uploads it to youtube soon.
EDIT: well there's audio of the fan reaction but the recorder decided no to capture what was happening onscreen. Lame.

fall isn't that unsurprising, especially since they haven't bothered to announce season 6 yet.

given the crap that should go down in 5 I wouldn't be surprised if when it came back they went through the rest of season 5 in one go.

in other thoughts I haven't been paying to much attention to comic con, has teen titans go gotten announced for another season yet?

not that I personally care about the show but given it's currently in the same state as SU but is an absolute given it will be picked up for another season I am curious if it has been announced as I imagine SU will get announced at the same time.

Psxphile

trailer description:

First trailer mostly showed the characters looking serious and distressed (for all the voices heard like Pearl, Greg, Lapis). At one point a silhouette is shown of what appears to be White Diamond and minions. Lapis is shown yelling via a cell phone stream, I think. Lapis is shown with Peridot and her hand is on her arm, she squeezes it and walks away. Scene of Peridot looking up away someone and saying how we should defend our home. Last scene is of a space ship spiraling down to earth, crashing.

About the exclusive clip shown:
Second clip was of Connie and Steven at the beach house, prepping before going to visit Lars via Lion's portal (Connie excited about her first space adventure, Steven has has a care package for Lars). They take the portal and emerge...

On the deck of a space ship. Lars (dressed like SPACE PIRATE CAPTAIN HARLOCK)is leading the Offcolors as they had just stolen the fastest ship from the Homework fleet. A homeworld gem (green with fangs) is visibly piss ed and yells threats at Lars, who is acting cocky yet assured in his crew and his chances of escaping. They end with taking the ship (called the SUN INCINERATOR) into hyperspeed.

Joeytj

Banned
EDIT: during the live Q&A CN is streaming Rebecca may have accidentally confirmed the existence of a new fusion:
a new Rainbow Quartz

Yes, on that last spoiler tagged thing. She realized that she was giving away too much.

The_Kid

Yo those trailers were so hype worthy. The next Lars episode is going to be craaaaaaaaazy.

Also only 500 are available at the con here supposedly. The others are online.

They're allowing us to preorder the entire vinyl here as well, for 5 dollars shipping anywhere in the U.S. ? Doesn't sound like Iam8Bit

trailer description:

About the exclusive clip shown:

Jesus Christ, as if
Lars' development
couldn't get any more amazing. SDCC SEASON 5 INFO SPOILERS:
He's gone from a cowardly, self-loathing shitty boyfriend hated by fans to an undead magical pink space pirate leading a gang of alien rebels on a stolen space ship.

The_Kid

Jesus Christ, as if
Lars' development
couldn't get any more amazing. SDCC SEASON 5 INFO SPOILERS:
He's gone from a cowardly, self-loathing shitty boyfriend hated by fans to an undead magical pink space pirate leading a gang of alien rebels on a stolen space ship.

Bingo-bongo

The_Kid

Another cool development is that Sugar said Lars and Sadie were created even before Steven Universe, she was making strips with them back in college.

Another cool development is that Sugar said Lars and Sadie were created even before Steven Universe, she was making strips with them back in college.
I already heard/seen that somewhere before. She also apparently said at the panel that they were always meant to be major characters. We've seen what happens with Lars, but does that mean Sadie will have a big character change as well?

When you think about it, Lars and Sadie are introduced before we even meet Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl in Gem Glow. It makes perfect sense that they would become incredibly important characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom