• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Universe |OT4| Every Rose Has Its Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psxphile

SDCC trailer info:
apparently that green gem with the sharp teeth snapping at Lars is named Emerald.

Someone took snaps of the staff-created SU fanzine that was given out to panel attendees earlier today and uploaded them:
Imgur album

It's mostly just cute fluff and awesome parodies but there's one particular artwork in there that is basically the preview clip that was shown at SDCC encapsulated into a single page (in parody form). Consider it a spoiler. It's the 28th image (out of 31) down from the top, btw.

6gWEmmW.jpg

SDCC trailer info:
apparently that green gem with the sharp teeth snapping at Lars is named Emerald.

Someone took snaps of the staff-created SU fanzine that was given out to panel attendees earlier today and uploaded them:
Imgur album

It's mostly just cute fluff and awesome parodies but there's one particular artwork in there that is basically the preview clip that was shown at SDCC encapsulated into a single page (in parody form). Consider it a spoiler. It's the 28th image (out of 31) down from the top, btw.

Lol, the Regular Show one.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
SDCC trailer info:

Imgur album

I wasn't going to read the panel info, but a friend tagged me on a FB post with the image. I hope they don't take long announcing a date, I was expecting we'd get one this week.

TheSun

Dang, something big must've revealed for all these damn bars to show up.

Seeing as it's gonna be while till the new episodes will air, I might just peek.

No more second-hand info - Complete off-screen footage of both the episode sneak preview and Season 5 trailer from San Diego Comic Con has been leaked!

This is the opening scene for a future episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LzrNNKswLs

Here is the Season 5 trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnmF_F_XCgg

In regards to that opening scene:
Lars is 100% rocking a Captain Harlock outfit and it's like a Star Trek episode. Lars of the Stars
wasn't just some random name for the poster in the zine, it's probably the title of the episode itself.

For the Season 5 trailer, I think you can safely rule out calm, mostly irrelevant townie episodes for quite a while. Things look very serious.

Oh my god, DAT LARS CLIP!
giphy.gif

I couldn't contain myself.

Season 5 is gonna be the business.
I hope "coming soon" means "Sometime in august" because I'm itching for some new SU.

No more second-hand info - Complete off-screen footage of both the episode sneak preview and Season 5 trailer from San Diego Comic Con has been leaked!

This is the opening scene for a future episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LzrNNKswLs

Lars is 100% rocking a Captain Harlock suit and it's like a Star Trek episode. Lars of the Stars
wasn't just some random name for the poster in the zine, it's probably the title of the episode itself.

For the Season 5 trailer, I think you can safely rule out calm, mostly irrelevant townie episodes for quite a while. Things look very serious.

Badass space pirate Lars?!!!

I didn't know I wanted that until i saw it!

Summer of Steven (and the schedule in general) threw us for a loop, but it technically is normal for shows to go on hiatus during the summer and come back in the fall. That's what Star vs the Forces of Evil is doing. They had a big four-episode/TV movie event last weekend that was the start of their new season, but the rest of the season won't start until November (ouch).

Wanted did pretty much the same thing by airing the first four episodes of Season 5 back-to-back on Memorial Day. My best guess is that we'll have (spoiler for leaked episode title)
Reunited
as a 22-minute episode airing in August or September that picks up immediately where Wanted left off. After that episode, we'll probably get another bomb or some weekly episodes in September or October. The real problem is that Cartoon Network is being mum about its return. StarVsFoE fans have a long wait, but at least they know when their wait will be over.

Now let's talk about that Season 5 trailer!
Steven and Connie's conversation where Connie says that things aren't all right is undoubtedly from Reunited, since she's wearing the exact same outfit from the final scene of Wanted. She looks like she went from relief that Steven was alright, to being angry that he would sacrifice himself in the first place. Steven realizing that his attempts to do the right thing were flawed will probably be the crux of Reunited and possibly the entire season. His loved ones are glad that he's safe, but they're also mad at him for a number of reasons (not believing in them, thinking so little of himself, getting Lars killed, etc.)

Hot damn,
Lars
is rockin' that Captain's outfit. What a great clip and season trailer!
I can just feel a new fusion is incoming.

Blues1990

SDCC trailer info:

Imgur album

This one is my favourite out of the bunch, but there are some excellent illustrations in that mini-magazine.

doop_

Banned
Everyone going on and on about Lars, BUT DID YOU GUYS SEE CONNIE'S NEW HAIR SHE LOOKS SO GOOD. I also feel like Steven is going to grow up soon.

So uh do we know if it's over after this season?

Vanishingly unlikely. The multi-media aspects are only ramping up, there was an interview with Rebecca Sugar a few weeks that strongly hinted that there was more to come, artists and VAs are still working on the series... I'd say we've got at least a couple more to come.

MartyStu

I'm telling you it's leading up to a
Lapis and Peridot fusion.

It's just like how Amethyst acted during the whole Jasper and Corrupted arc.

I agree. That setup is undeniable.

As a crazy aside, I really think it is about time one of the gems started living like/with the humans. I want this for no other reason than the novelty of it.

I have a really strong suspicion that if Jasper is ever 'redeemed' she will be the one.

Hamlet

Lars is 100% rocking a Captain Harlock outfit and it's like a Star Trek episode. Lars of the Stars

Haha amazing opening scene.
Lars sure has come a long way.

zeemumu

Lemme just put these Kamina glasses on him. There we go.

If you had told me a year ago that Lars would be cool I would've laughed in your face, then seen that you were serious and laughed harder.

Pretty much all the 'boarders are free to do what they want. Staying on-model does not seem to be a great concern.

This. If you read the older crewniverse parts they make it clear that aside from colors and themes that the animation and designs are mostly free for all by the boarders. You can see a huge difference between boarders throughout the series.

hughesta

Banned
The Crewniverse is still story boarding right? Because I'm sure they'd be past that if this really was the last season.
there's no official confirmation but with a soundtrack, video game, and podcast all happening this year I would be absolutely astonished if there wasn't a Season 6 and probably 7.

Cess007

Lemme just put these Kamina glasses on him. There we go.

If you had told me a year ago that Lars would be cool I would've laughed in your face, then seen that you were serious and laughed harder.

I always had faith that Lars would redeem himself eventually. And boy, he did it in style

looks like Connie's growth spurt is happening.

I do hope both Connie and Steven physically grow during the series (particularly so we can hear Zach Callison's natural voice again like we did in Steven's Birthday).

But I think Connie being taller is just another case of storyboarders drawing characters differently. She was taller than Steven in her first episode, but her height would vary wildly, with the worst offender probably being Buddy's Book where she was like three heads tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom