• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Universe |OT4| Every Rose Has Its Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Winter could be January

We've only gotten like 15 episodes this year

This could be by far the lowest amount of episodes released in a year

by my count 19, but even than. it's obvious that steven nuke from last july/august really eat up their stash of episodes.

It was originally thought that the first post-Wanted episode would be a 22-minute special called Reunited. It’s possible that Reunited is simply the Cartoon Network branding for Steven Universe’s return event. They’ll air two new episodes back-to-back on the same day (Dewey Wins and some other episode) and consider that a special.

If we’re going to do mass episode releases, then I would prefer week-long bombs with a reason time 2-3 weeks in between. The Summer of Steven was a mountain of new episodes, but it was hard to appreciate some of them when there was a new one every weekday for a month. In addition, running through a season’s worth of episodes just means more months of hiatus afterwards.

Sadsic

The one other tid bit from the panel this morning is that theres gonna be another episode from garnets point of view like the answer

The one other tid bit from the panel this morning is that theres gonna be another episode from garnets point of view like the answer
I guess it will be the story of Pink Diamond told through Garnet’s perspective.

Then maybe we’ll get a Homeworld perspective too later in the season.

TheSun

I want more Garnet episodes.

But winter ye say?
So February 28th is my guess. Then we'll get a few more episodes till we get another hiatus for another decade.

But cool, can't wait for more episodes.

Zubz

Banned
Winter? Guh... I'm a Homestar Runner fan. I laugh at Venture Bros. fan who laugh at Rick & Morty fans when they laugh at Avatar fans when they laugh at Steven Universe fans for this long-ass hiatus.

But, like, I also like every single show there, so it makes the Steven Universe wait even harder, even if 1 of those shows just ended & the other is active. And it's the one that went 7 years with only, like, 3 shorts in the interim. I guess this is the consequence of burning through an entire season in just a few weeks last year.

I was a little dismayed when I saw the hiatus-ender was going to be a Mayor Dewey episode, but as everyone said, it's more about the consequences of Steven turning himself in to the Diamonds outside of Lars dying, & since they showed that episode at SDCC, I'm convinced we'll see
Space Pirate Lars
early into the new season, so that'll be cool.

Not

Banned
Rebecca was on The Best Show?? Oh man I gotta check that out

And winter??! Ughh... well, at least it's something.

zulux21

....is it time for episodes yet?

well...
winter doesn't start until late dec...
which is holiday time.

so... likely jan.

whether early or late who knows, but since SU started airing there has never been a new episode not air in jan.

typically they have been early (first or second week) though this year it was jan 30th.

so I am going to go with new eps will air jan 29th.

jwk94

A timeframe is good enough for me...probably a steven universe christmas which is fine for me why do people always go with these technicalities when it comes to time frames anyway when i say winter i mean the last couple of months this year
I think that's because some game companies classify "summer" as September.

Psxphile

They're gonna bomb the hell out of Season 5. We may even go into Season 6 territory, though we've yet to hear of it being greenlit. Curious about how S5 will wrap up, considering Sugar's interview comments from way back.

Morlas

well steven universe hasn't been announced to be cancelled and they've still been said to be doing va work so i'm going under the assumption that they just havent announced more yet

zulux21

There won't be a season 6

yup just like there won't be a teen titans go season 5 because they haven't announced it yet :p

never mind the talks from people working on steven universe who have hinted (one pretty much outright saying it) that they are working on stuff beyond season 5 right now and are still currently working on it, despite if season 5 was the end they would be done with their part of the job already.

so yup, no season 6 :p

Psxphile

Come to think of it we're only 4 episodes into S5 so we probably won't be touching on S6 anytime soon, which of course gives them more time to make it while keeping us ignorant to its existence.

Why do you think this thing
The ramping up of merchandising and promotion for the series, the fact they’re still making the show, the fact that we’ve already heard on the podcast about a production schedule that would take us past the end of season 5... it’s nailed on, IMO.

zulux21

Come to think of it we're only 4 episodes into S5 so we probably won't be touching on S6 anytime soon, which of course gives them more time to make it while keeping us ignorant to its existence.

As long as teen titans Go continues to be on it's "final announced season" and not have a season 5 announced I will not worry about if SU will have a season 6. There is no way cartoon network cancels either of it's more popular shows without announcing it well in advance like adventure time.

as for not touching S6 any time soon though....I do want to remind you of july 2016.

at that time we were 5 episodes into season 3, a season we got into after two decent sized hiatuses.

And then the steven nuke happened.
from july 18th to august 11th we went from 5 episodes into season 3 to starting season 4.

I really wouldn't be that surprised if we followed a similar path in 2018 to 2016.

in january we get 5 new episodes to break up the hiatus and start getting people talking about the show again.

in may we have a small run of episodes in order to set up the second half of season 5.

and in july the rest of season 5 comes out, and perhaps even the start of season 6.

As long as teen titans Go continues to be on it's "final announced season" and not have a season 5 announced I will not worry about if SU will have a season 6. There is no way cartoon network cancels either of it's more popular shows without announcing it well in advance like adventure time.

as for not touching S6 any time soon though....I do want to remind you of july 2016.

at that time we were 5 episodes into season 3, a season we got into after two decent sized hiatuses.

And then the steven nuke happened.
from july 18th to august 11th we went from 5 episodes into season 3 to starting season 4.

I really wouldn't be that surprised if we followed a similar path in 2018 to 2016.

in january we get 5 new episodes to break up the hiatus and start getting people talking about the show again.

in may we have a small run of episodes in order to set up the second half of season 5.

and in july the rest of season 5 comes out, and perhaps even the start of season 6.

Teen Titans Go may have production focused on the theatrical released feature film

zulux21

Teen Titans Go may have production focused on the theatrical released feature film

focus has likely shifted to that, but I imagine they are working on both that and the TV series.

in fact given the movie is releasing next july, it should be decently far along.

either way season 4 should finish airing in the next 4 months for it, and most likely a season 5 announcement will happen shortly after that, or will happen at the movie.

the ratings are down for teen titans go, but not low enough that you stop making more eps of the series that fills like 90% of your daily line up :p

SU and teen titans go really don't have that much difference in airing viewer numbers anymore. and both easily draw more than adventure time anymore.

on the flip side OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes is doing decently, but is still doing decently worse than either SU or Teen titans.

focus has likely shifted to that, but I imagine they are working on both that and the TV series.

in fact given the movie is releasing next july, it should be decently far along.

either way season 4 should finish airing in the next 4 months for it, and most likely a season 5 announcement will happen shortly after that, or will happen at the movie.

the ratings are down for teen titans go, but not low enough that you stop making more eps of the series that fills like 90% of your daily line up :p

SU and teen titans go really don't have that much difference in airing viewer numbers anymore. and both easily draw more than adventure time anymore.

on the flip side OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes is doing decently, but is still doing decently worse than either SU or Teen titans.
I hope OK KO doesn't get canned... that's my little brother's favorite show

EDIT: Oh, it was renewed. I guess they must be satisfied

zulux21

I hope OK KO doesn't get canned... that's my little brother's favorite show

EDIT: Oh, it was renewed. I guess they must be satisfied

yeah, it's not doing bad, just not likely to be the next SU or adventure time ratings wise.

it's also an easy merch mine.

Not

Banned
The ramping up of merchandising and promotion for the series, the fact they’re still making the show, the fact that we’ve already heard on the podcast about a production schedule that would take us past the end of season 5... it’s nailed on, IMO.

Oh I thought you were saying the opposite. My mistake.

JSevere

I'd guess we're gonna get a Winter of Steven throughout January that'll take us to right before the end of the the season. I feel like if the show was back in November they'd say it's returning next month to drum up hype and CN usually doesn't do December premieres after the first week due to the holidays so I figure Jan's our best bet.

Fortunately the podcast's back later this month according to NYCC and Save the Light's still due before the end of the year so there's no shortage of supplementary SU content to enjoy during this painful hiatus

Morlas

tumblr_oqzxnl9nHE1ulg6yuo1_1280.gif

"This winter"...-_-
I mean...I guess that isn't that far away (I don't expect late December, that would be a miracle lol) but that could easily mean February...T.T
Well, at the very least the narrative conflict presented within that clip is far more interesting and surprising than I'd expect from an episode named after a townie character. hehe

zulux21

i would very much like for it to be on switch or pc, i bet it would do great on both...

I wouldn't be surprised if it went to both eventually.

they aren't a huge team so they might have had to focus on a few platforms first. and of all the platforms targeting kids age 7-14 or so the xbox one and Ps4 make far more sense than the PC and switch right now as those are the most likely platforms the kids would own.

Ogodei

It's not doing that much worse than non-event episodes of Teen Titans, i thought. Not quite cracking a million for most premieres, but getting close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom