• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Universe Season 2 |OT| Obama chuckled. "You mean the Crystal Gems?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
That was really good. Hope they either capture Peridot soon or we get more Lapiz.

Chariot

Yes, an amazing episode and an fantastic conclusion of the Stevenbomb. They really adressed a lot of things we thought and talked about, both in general and in relation to the latest episodes. I can't wait for new episodes.

Kuga

I liked this episode.
Pearl lore and some resolution to Cry for Help. Also Peridot continues to be the best helicopter villain.

Chariot

tumblr_nrne3jQ7291uqsxboo1_1280.png
random fanart

I'm now expecting one of the secondary characters to do just that. It would be hysterical if Connie does the honors.
With a tennisball shot with one of Pearl's sword techniques.

TheOGB

Banned
It's probably because I was half paying attention and missed the first 2-3 minutes but I uh... didn't really feel anything from this episode, not like I usually do. I'll definitely have to catch the west coast airing later.

Kangi

Nice to see Steven be a central part of the team now with those shields. Also, Pearl adding a lot of fuel to the prevailing fan theory about her origins.

That said, I sincerely hope this is the *last* episode in which we see the "Peridot's getting away again!" shenanigans. Seen too many Saturday morning cartoons to not get annoyed by that.

iosefe

Nice to see Steven be a central part of the team now with those shields. Also, Pearl adding a lot of fuel to the prevailing fan theory about her origins.

That said, I sincerely hope this is the *last* episode in which we see the "Peridot's getting away again!" shenanigans. Seen too many Saturday morning cartoons to not get annoyed by that.

i wouldn't say it was
Fuel so much as it was a flatout "i am built to be a commanded drone"

and
Peridot
is a straight up
Mega Man villain with her Arm cannon and i love it so much

Chariot

Pearl
Btw. we had a repeat of "a Peal". I think this pretty much confirms the theory that "Pearl" isn't so much a name, but a designation.

"This planet has an expiration date and I'm not sticking around"

whoah
Catched that too, but that could still mean anything, like that the Homeworld isn't a natural world or that they send an Exterminatus. But then again, it's SU. It could easily be a hint to the apocalyps.

Blues1990

I'd bet against that. He will reach her heart. Or whatever gems have. Gem. Yes, probably her Gem. He will reach her Gem.

Well, she has been shown to be cold and ruthless, and she doesn't even remotely care about Earth, let alone humanity. It seems that she would rather have her gem shatter than to be kept a prisoner.

Hamlet

Great episode.
Happy to see Pearl and Garnet finally back on good terms again. Great speech between the two of them when they were trapped in the hole. Really solid advise from Garnet there. Also lots more ammo or pretty close to confirmation to some of those Pearl theories " I'm just a Pearl." (mass produced Pearls).
The trashtalk from Peridot was great haha. Just reconfirms how much I love Peridot as a villain even I do hope they capture her soon.
Steven sure is getting really good with the shield now also. That Shield throw.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I took that as the fact that the planet like many others will eventually die out. Maybe that Homeworld is exempt from that

Maybe the Homeworld will eventually die too but Yellow Diamond or whoever the leader is denies it? There's so much of the Homeworld we don't really know.

KiN0

Maybe the Homeworld will eventually die too but Yellow Diamond or whoever the leader is denies it? There's so much of the Homeworld we don't really know.

What if we get a ff9 scenario
with SU and all planets have a crystal core or somthing?

Chariot

Well, she has been shown to be cold and ruthless, and she doesn't even remotely care about Earth, let alone humanity. It seems that she would rather have her gem shatter than to be kept a prisoner.
Pretty much this:

She
did only seem to flick his head
She could've blasted him in the face with her hand canon, but she didn't. I think she likes him in some way, at least enough to not want to kill him directly.

Fireblend

Banned
Yellow Diamond will be the anti spiral. Off-world colonies are designed to contain each planet's individual species so that they can't reach their full potential. Gems are an exception because their (lack of) biology prevents them from achieving this potential or something. Rose realized that the only way she would ever ascend and break this system would be by rebelling and turning herself into a biological being to overcome this limitation, and trigger the end of the universe/become a God.

Blues1990

Pretty much this:

She could've blasted him in the face with her hand canon, but she didn't. I think she likes him in some way, at least enough to not want to kill him directly.

Well, Steven is a one-in-a-million specimen (half-gem/half-human), so it wouldn't surprise me that she wants to keep him alive to be pretty much this:

guinea-pig.jpg

Yellow Diamond will be the anti spiral. Off-world colonies are designed to contain each planet's individual species so that they can't reach their full potential. Gems are an exception because their (lack of) biology prevents them from achieving this potential or something. Rose realized that the only way she would ever ascend and break this system would be by rebelling and turning herself into a biological being to overcome this limitation, and trigger the end of the universe/become a God.

And in the season finale, jumbo-size Stevonnie will be chucking galaxies at a fused Yellow Diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom