• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STING!! Revealed as Pre-Order Bonus for WWE 2K15

Shauni

Honestly, WWE pretty much owns all of Sting's body of work outside TNA and indy promotions that aren't televised to begin with he might as well just finally do a stint with them even if it's short-lived to get some bank in his later years.

Yeah, it would've been nice of Sting went to WWE ten years ago instead of TNA or hell at least 2008 when they shifted to PG, IMO all his misgivings were unfounded and there's no way they would've used him like they handled the guys that concerned him about joining. Never mind the shit TNA did that was as bad as the stuff he supposedly objected to during the "Attitude Era". Unless he's been working his ass off over the last six or so months to get in better shape I really don't want to see 55 year old Sting in the ring, especially if he has to wear a shirt.

The raw debut was better, audience trolled because it's a game.

http://youtu.be/N-FPD1_9Ojo

Watching Raw now and I laughed out loud at the crowd reaction, I was surprised they didn't mute the crowd while running it.

Dereck

0nSwPTp.gif
Yoooo

BHZ Mayor

Why no gameplay footage yet? Fuck how the game looks for a second.

What about how it plays?
What about the physics glitches?
What about submissions being broken?
What about Royal Rumble being broken?
What about created finishers being weak as fuck?
What about the limited set of moves for created finishers?
What about no created submissions?
What about only being limited to 2 per character?
What about still having no facial scanning feature for CAWs?
What about no created taunts or custom titantrons?
What about all the textures (clothing, hair, title belts, etc.) clipping through each other?
Why no tag matches above 2 v 2 v 2?

Sid

Man,TNA Impact's character models look great

tna-impact-20071009103523561.jpg

& this is a last gen game from 2008,I doubt even the current gen versions of WWE2K15 will come close to this

shandy706

I couldn't care less about wrestling in the real world, but I've enjoyed the games in the past.

Played a ton on the N64 many years ago.

How is the current selection on the fun side of things?

What about how it plays?
What about all the textures (clothing, hair, title belts, etc.) clipping through each other?

It's dumbfounding that after all these years they still haven't included triangle tag matches... Were there even 2v2v2 tag matches? It's been awhile since I last played WWE 13 for like a month before giving up on it because of the annoying problems that were still there after the last game in the series I bought along with a host of new ones.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I couldn't care less about wrestling in the real world, but I've enjoyed the games in the past.

Played a ton on the N64 many years ago.

How is the current selection on the fun side of things?

Not much fun at all, sadly.

The most fun you'll have is watching glitch videos on Youtube.

stn

Just to offer a different view. I haven't watched wrestling since Stone Cold and The Rock retired. No Mercy was last wrestling game I had played since then. I bought WWE 2K14 a few months ago and I've had tons of fun with it. Yes, the grappling could use some work along with the collision detection. But I've had too much fun being able to download near-perfect renditions of pretty much every wrestler in existence. I even got a perfect CAW of Aki Man, lol. The CAW mode alone has made 2K14 really great.

DJKhaled

Can't wait for the TNA Impact vs WWE 2K15 comparisons

tna-impact-20080414100935906-2360174_640w.jpg

I really wish they made a sequel to this game, I have had it since it came out but only just played it for the first time with my gf about 2 nights ago, it's quite good, a sequel that added more modes and wrestlers and took some of the bad elements away would have been so much better than the last few WWE games.

I hope the theme of this years game is "Best of WWE Network" or something. Load this bitch up with legends from WCW, ECW and WWF. Hell make a game with only legends and ignore the current crap

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
We need the people responsible for the character models from the Impact game, Aki on gameplay mechanics, and another talented group on story mode and game features.

That would sell me on buying another wrestling game.

shaowebb

What about how it plays?

All this. I wont give a single damn until I know if the game is actually good to play instead of run punch kick garbage.

bjork

Honestly, WWE pretty much owns all of Sting's body of work outside TNA and indy promotions that aren't televised to begin with he might as well just finally do a stint with them even if it's short-lived to get some bank in his later years.

I hope he doesn't. One, he's maybe too old to be out there doing anything that would make him seem special to fans who didn't see him in his heyday. Plus, you know how they do guys who always worked somewhere else. He'd come out strong for like two weeks, and then the next thing you know he's chasing a little person in a bull suit or some dumbass crap.

They have a decent amount of WCW guys from last years game as DLC and in-game roster. I hope that we do get a WCW vs WWE mode, it would really be so fun. Hopefully Warrior also stays in as a legend.

jwhit28

Sting could still be a big deal in WWE without much in ring work. Even if he is just walking out of the crowd with Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania or something, it's still a big deal. I sure would love a WCW Nitro era mode that went from Flair and Stings first Nitro match to their last match on the final broadcast.

Yo F this game

where is my Legends of Wrestling 3
one of the best most fun wrestling game and i really slick CAW mode

But the only way ill get this if they have a full blown out creative mode
i would love if they even had another whack a the "just bring it" story mode, but more expansive
an RPG Wrestling game

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
i really doubt that, considering he is just a pre-order bonus. You would think is WCW was a big deal in the game they wouldn't have one of it's biggest starts unavailable to a lot of people.

I recently picked up WWE2K14 on account of a lapse in judgement and sobriety, Ultimate Warrior was preorder/DLC but he was also playable in the WrestleMania history mode without an unlock. I would assume Sting would be the same, that you can play a match or two as him with a predetermined CPU opponent.

dcx4610

I'm terrified of Yukes moving to next gen. I do think they get a bad rap but at the same time they really don't seem to have the resources or talent to pull off next gen graphics or quality.

Hopefully Yukes is just there for the base, engine and gameplay and 2K can use their resources on the graphics and polish.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Maybe i should add i was 12 when i played this lol
if i played it now i prolly see things i never noticed

Nothing wrong with enjoying it man. It was a fantastic concept that they improved over time, it just never clicked with me as I was more a fan of the AKI style of games.

We need the people responsible for the character models from the Impact game, Aki on gameplay mechanics, and another talented group on story mode and game features.

That would sell me on buying another wrestling game.

The Aki that made those games no longer exists, yes I know they were renamed Syn Sophia years back but the people responsible for those games aren't there anymore.

Hasney

This is what I thought. Thought it was pretty weird that he was gonna be in a pretend-wrestling game, but cool I guess?

You thought it would be fairly normal if he was in an Olympic wrestling game?

The Aki that made those games no longer exists, yes I know they were renamed Syn Sophia years back but the people responsible for those games aren't there anymore.

A lot of them annoyingly work(ed?) for Yukes and helped make the Gamecube wrestling games, while the ones that stayed made Def Jam. Now we don't have anything close to either of that greatness now.

jwhit28

I think the only thing that can fix wrestling games is a highly customizable game (sort of like what Fire Pro Wrestling used to be) that has enough freedom to circumvent licensing issues, made by fans of AKI games like all the other Kickstarter fueled fan revivals.

It's pretty ridiculous that a major million selling franchise put out by a huge publisher comes out in less than 4 months, and there's not a shred of in-game footage or even a screenshot.

It must look like ass.

RK9039

Giant Bomb basically confirmed at E3 the new game is using the NBA 2K14 engine, so it probably doesn't look bad at all.

Downhome

Would someone explain what happened here. Im lost lol.

There isn't much more to add, lol. Hardy showed up out of his mind and so they set it up to do the match as quickly as possible so they could get in and out before he could hurt himself or someone else.

ElRenoRaven

Meh I'll bite this year. I tend to buy one of the games once every 3 or 4 years. Sting is worth it too. Hope MS gets preordering to working and I can pick him up that way cause I really prefer to go digital.

What in the hell happened to STING?

I haven't seen him since the Final Days of WCW Nitro...before the WWE bought it.

He used to be athletic.

He looks like my DAD now!

Top Bottom