• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

Maybesew

This thread's been quiet. I just got back from a business trip. Made some quick trades in both wheat and (for my first time ever) live hogs. This continued down move in the bonds has been incredible for my account.

The British pound is fucking falling apart, even lower than it was after the initial brexit panic. Luckily I avoided stepping in front of that train.

Maybesew

Totally missed out on the opportunity here, but for the second straight time, the peso went WAY up after the debate. The money definitely thinks Clinton will win

First Solar +5.94 % today.

+21.79 % in the last month.

18 % left until I'm break-even again. ;___;

Bought some Amazon shares, looking at 950$ or higher as price target. This and Alphabet, hope that both stocks achieve at least 930$ - 950$.

So close, just a little more and my Daimler stock is back in the green. Bought in at 77 last year, then some in the low 60s later. Good month for now.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Really feel like buying some DIS at this price, maybe some NKE but a bit less enthused about this one.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Rumor last night that DIS was going to buy TWTR...

Yuck. I'd wait until that's announced, what a bad move.

I used to make good money stock-picking, especially video game stocks. Since I stopped my returns have been really low :~(

Maybesew

nobody is buying twitter. the disney rumor is old and cold. nobody wants to deal with the harassment and dark side of the product that they would be taking on with an acquisition. The company is basically poison at this point. they need to show growth, and at the same time need to filter and remove the bots and harassers. there is no solution that solves both problems.

on a positive note, i've had a great earnings season so far. I've been selling strangles and most stocks haven't moved after their announcements. perfect recipe for quick profits

ColdPizza

Banned
nobody is buying twitter. the disney rumor is old and cold. nobody wants to deal with the harassment and dark side of the product that they would be taking on with an acquisition. The company is basically poison at this point. they need to show growth, and at the same time need to filter and remove the bots and harassers. there is no solution that solves both problems.

on a positive note, i've had a great earnings season so far. I've been selling strangles and most stocks haven't moved after their announcements. perfect recipe for quick profits

This right here is silly to me. Whoever acquires Twitter can absolutely make it their policy to fix that once and for all.

Maybesew

EA reports earnings today. I think the past 2 quarters i have played it to the upside and it worked out. Trying to decide what trade I'll put on this afternoon.

Maybesew

man this thread is dead. Sold a strangle in EA which worked out perfectly since the stock didn't move that much compared to the expected move. easy money

Points reached for my AEX index fund to get in again. Been buying this one going up and down for like 20 times now this year between a small range.

Oil went down, got some. See if it goes up again later.

And some ING (financials) stock bought. Numbers tomorrow, see what happens.

Lots of red days now. Got some money on the side to buy stuff with, but waiting to see if I reach my original price points on them.

Solid earnings. Sold with 3.75% up, waiting until it drops a bit again. Don't expect it go much higher soon, but that is just gambling a bit also. Taking my profit.

Maybesew

Had 2 earnings plays winners in facebook and whole foods. FB was looking scary after hours, but it opened up off the lows and my 120 put was safe.

vpance

Looking interesting again. Weekly chart of S&P beginning to become oversold after weeks and weeks of chop, no doubt preparing for the election result. Either it's pricing in a Trump win, or some other scandal.

Maybesew

Looking interesting again. Weekly chart of S&P beginning to become oversold after weeks and weeks of chop, no doubt preparing for the election result. Either it's pricing in a Trump win, or some other scandal.

Election has volatility going crazy, ever since the FBI story came out Friday

AXmdid9.png

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Fuck man Tesla is just going down and down.

I would buy at the current price. It hit my target.

I use 200 moving average, and considering buys when stocks hit it or goes below, but only for companies that have shown good upward momentum for prolonged periods of time.
BSeB3aA.jpg

I bought Disney earlier based on that. Was thinking about Nike, but just as I called Adidas' rise from the low 40s based on how popular I felt they were becoming as brand at around that time and Nike was losing its luster, Adidas has peaked but I don't see anything to warrant Nike doing well enough to justify a purchase now.

edit: Also Monsanto is another that is on my buy indicator, at the top of the undervalued list, but I don't knot it well enough to bother.

edit: Also Monsanto is another that is on my buy indicator, at the top of the undervalued list, but I don't knot it well enough to bother.
Monsanto is being bought by Bayer, if the authorities approve. Apparently people don't think it will happen since the share price is well below the offer.

And I picked up some BMW this morning. Beat analyst expectations. Apparently not market expectations since it dropped. See if it goes back up again. Solid company in my view.

ShOcKwAvE

Got in First Solar at $50...it's down to $33 after latest earnings, ~4% today alone. Really considering taking the loss at this point.

ColdPizza

Banned
Got in First Solar at $50...it's down to $33 after latest earnings, ~4% today alone. Really considering taking the loss at this point.

If you need money, then sure...otherwise I'd just ride it out. The overall markets are choppy due to uncertainty over the election season, etc.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Tesla before hours are already tanking, VUN.TO won't be good either.

I am fucked. I am just going to hang tight.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Yeah right a lot of qtocks getting slaughtered. Look at solar stocks and Tesla.

Damn, should not have sold my banking stock last month. Today up almost 5%... Insurance up 2.5% but still below my break even due to Brexit earlier this year.

Silver, oil and indexes all in the green. Only cars and consumer goods still down a little, but not much. Overall everything is up for me today. Strange stuff.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Yeah right a lot of qtocks getting slaughtered. Look at solar stocks and Tesla.

Thats my only loss. Tesla is down but everything else was up.

In panic I sold VUN.TO for 38.80 lmao. With decent profit. I thought everything is going to drop. And then it kept going up. Well. Very strange.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Man I wish I hadn't sold GS at 170 when it got back in the green...

I'm a bit annoyed that tech is getting crushed while the overall market is up after the election. What's so exceptional about the likes of Google and Amazon that Trump is going to be awful for them? But I should know better than to think anything the market does is remotely rational.

On the up side, my NVDA has more than made up for my losses elsewhere, so I guess there's that.

ColdPizza

Banned
Might that be the result of people taking money out of tech stock to buy into those other sectors where they expect more growth?

This. Sector rotation.

It seems some money will be flowing back into the biotechnology sector since Clinton lost the election and the Democrats lost both the House and the Senate. It all but wipes out any notion of drug price controls for the time being.

Top Bottom