• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stop being lazy and go exercise

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Seriously Im tired of all the bullshit and tired of hearing the excuses. People are over weight, diabetes is running rampant as people get older, hell now even in kids. Heart attacks are becoming more prevalent, hypertension as well. You are putting excess stress on our health care systems because you dont want to exercise and be in shape.

The excuses run nonstop and the two famous ones are 1. Im to tired or 2. No time in the day.

Well lots of us are now in lockdown because of Covid-19, what's the excuse now? You have all the time in the world etc. Now you have this bullshit "Covid-15" the 15 pounds I will gain due to a pandemic....stop catering to these people, move your god damn ass. Lots of people I talk to "well ill prob gain 15 pound etc because im stressed, and I eat when Im stressed". You know whats helpful for stress.....exercise! Move your body. Im not saying you have to be a fuckn body builder but move, do some push ups, some wall squats, use the stairs in your house for cardio, find heavy things in or around the house to lift to hit different muscle groups.

The pathetic thing is people will always find and excuse. 5 times out of 10 I hate exercising, have to build myself up to it but when you hit that ten min peak where you got your sweat on and your hearts pumping, then you feel as if a train cant stop you.

If you can take one thing out of this annoying and horrible time in all of our lives, get in shape and do something positive for yourself, if you can walk to the fridge you're more than capable of exercising.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Let's run a scenario of the everyday man OP

You need to go out to run since you don't have cash to buy a treadmill because you got laid off but run the risk of a cop fucking with you or catching something
Then you remember you are too depressed and start thinking about how you are going to pay the bills to even work out
live off fast food because going to store scares you and you don't want to catch something that can hurt your loved ones
you get fatter and sadder each day

YAY!

TheStruggler

Let's run a scenario of the everyday man OP

You need to go out to run since you don't have cash to buy a treadmill because you got laid off but run the risk of a cop fucking with you or catching something
Then you remember you are too depressed and start thinking about how you are going to pay the bills to even work out
live off fast food because going to store scares you and you don't want to catch something that can hurt your loved ones
you get fatter and sadder each day

YAY!
Why go outside for a run if you have stairs or potentially a basement or even a backyard.
You know whats great for depression, endorphins. You know how you release more of them? By exercising.
The grocery store thing I kind of get, but if your grocery stores have delivery or online orders then do that.

and realise you're not alone. Everyone is in this struggle with you. Your not the only one living pay check to pay check worried about money, the entire world has your back and we will continue to hold you up when you fall down.

now drop and give me 30

Soltype

One of the hardest things I ever did was losing weight, you have to reach that place where you want it bad enough.I can't speak for anyone else, but being big killed my sex life.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Why go outside for a run if you have stairs or potentially a basement or even a backyard.
Implying they have a house, or want to run the risk of going up and down the stairs when everybody else is in lockdown.
You know whats great for depression, endorphins. You know how you release more of them? By exercising.
But your everydayman doesn't have the luxury or means to do so.

and realise you're not alone. Everyone is in this struggle with you.
It is everyone for themselves though.
Your not the only one living pay check to pay check worried about money,
What paycheck? The IRS thing? When I get it I'll believe it.

I'm just giving you examples as to why people are down and exercising is the last thing on their minds. What's worse is how we all just rolled over for China. I'm not trying to be negative on your thread or anything and I hope some people manage to make "this" work. If you told me 10 years ago, going outside was going to be a sort of luxury I would have told you to stop reading dystopian novels.

TheStruggler

Implying they have a house, or want to run the risk of going up and down the stairs when everybody else is in lockdown.

But your everydayman doesn't have the luxury or means to do so.

It is everyone for themselves though.

What paycheck? The IRS thing? When I get it I'll believe it.

I'm just giving you examples as to why people are down and exercising is the last thing on their minds. What's worse is how we all just rolled over for China. I'm not trying to be negative on your thread or anything and I hope some people manage to make "this" work. If you told me 10 years ago, going outside was going to be a sort of luxury I would have told you to stop reading dystopian novels.
The only barrier in your way is yourself, people who want it bad enough find a way to do whatever they need to in life for some fulfillment or routine.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I do 15 pullups, 30 pushups, 20 bodyweight squats every morning before I jump in the shower. Takes like, 3 minutes tops. Just build a short, simple routine and the muscles show up on their own.

giphy.gif

Super Mario

Banned
I'll add another unpopular twist to what OP said

Most of the reason we are in this mess is to protect the people who never exercised / took care of themselves. A lot of that heart disease and diabetes is completely avoidable.

Last edited:
i think im gonna order a mini golf setup with that stimulus money just for some peripheral exercise

i already exercise regularly

ill play a clapping sound effect on my phone every time the ball goes in

eat sleep and putt

such is life in coronaverse

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I'll add another unpopular twist to what OP said

Most of the reason we are in this mess is to protect the people who never exercised / took care of themselves. A lot of that heart disease and diabetes is completely avoidable.
Wha? We are in this mess because of the Chinese and fucking tourists that brought back the virus.

Wha? We are in this mess because of the Chinese and fucking tourists that brought back the virus.

You fatties are putting even more strain on the healthcare system. Is what it boils down to.

Nester99

Move your ass and eat better!

Future you will thank you.
Future you is more important then current you so invest time in yourself.

dyergram

I’ve worked out everyday since I’ve been off work I worked 3 times a week before loving the extra time tbh. Just wish I’d had more of a heads up so I could of bought more equipment managed to get a punchbag though.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I’ve worked out everyday since I’ve been off work I worked 3 times a week before loving the extra time tbh. Just wish I’d had more of a heads up so I could of bought more equipment managed to get a punchbag though.
Yeah ever since the gym closed people have been buying gym shit like crazy. Can't even find a local 70lb punching bag near me.

Top Bottom