• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stop being lazy and go exercise

Papa

Banned
Dude, I just made a statement. Do your thing.

“Dude, I just made a statement” is a convenient way of admitting you’re talking out of your ass.

images

Tesseract

Banned
Last edited:

GymWolf

it's very hard only in the beginning, when you find the rythm and start to see results it become much more easy.

or just buy an oculus quest with the game thrill of the fight and play that, you are gonna sweat like a pig after 10 minutes while having a shitload of fun.

Last edited:
I'm starting to do portion control again. I gained 80 lbs without my medication but now that I got it back, I'm walking and doing portion control again. Ate only 700 calories yesterday. Going to burn that fat up. I can regain muscle mass later. But it's amazing how one meal out is days of calories if I just eat at home. I don't have high blood pressure, not diabetic and alright cholesterol. I lost all the weight once and I'm ready to do it again.

Airola

Stop being lazy!
No.

Stop eating unhealthy food!
No.

Stop drinking unhealthy drinks!
No.

Stop saying stupid things!
No.

Stop doing stupid things!
No.

Stop watching stupid things!
No.

Stop saying no!
No.

That said, let me go back to 2010 and close this with a good old but dead meme:

7K1N8cl.jpg

Whatever happened to the haters gonna hate meme?
I haven't seen that in years. Suddenly I found myself in a world where no-one posted hatersgonnahate.jpgs anymore and everyone was telling everyone to stop doing everything. Left, right, center. Everyone.
did it die from a heart attack because of being overweight

Airola

There should be an exercise bike with a screen that the more you would exercise the more it would slowly reveal a naked lady on it. Too bad internet has ruined this too. Imagine if the internet didn't exist and there was no way to see free boobies whenever you wanted as much as you wanted, imagine how much an exercise bike like that would sell!

I, however, could still be a good target for that product. Just the other day I wasted an hour and a half playing some stupid anime titty puzzle to complete all puzzles! Paid and played! Part of me is ashamed of it, part of me wants to buy another. I could very well be the sucker they could get to buy an exercise bike with a boob reveal screen! I'd be thin and fit in no time!

Hell, if only I'd know how to do it and had the means to do it I would make a product like that myself! I'd be semi-rich in no time!

Tesseract

Banned
There should be an exercise bike with a screen that the more you would exercise the more it would slowly reveal a naked lady on it. Too bad internet has ruined this too. Imagine if the internet didn't exist and there was no way to see free boobies whenever you wanted as much as you wanted, imagine how much an exercise bike like that would sell!

I, however, could still be a good target for that product. Just the other day I wasted an hour and a half playing some stupid anime titty puzzle to complete all puzzles! Paid and played! Part of me is ashamed of it, part of me wants to buy another. I could very well be the sucker they could get to buy an exercise bike with a boob reveal screen! I'd be thin and fit in no time!

Hell, if only I'd know how to do it and had the means to do it I would make a product like that myself! I'd be semi-rich in no time!
armstrong1.jpg

Virex

Banned
Seriously Im tired of all the bullshit and tired of hearing the excuses. People are over weight, diabetes is running rampant as people get older, hell now even in kids. Heart attacks are becoming more prevalent, hypertension as well. You are putting excess stress on our health care systems because you dont want to exercise and be in shape.

The excuses run nonstop and the two famous ones are 1. Im to tired or 2. No time in the day.

Well lots of us are now in lockdown because of Covid-19, what's the excuse now? You have all the time in the world etc. Now you have this bullshit "Covid-15" the 15 pounds I will gain due to a pandemic....stop catering to these people, move your god damn ass. Lots of people I talk to "well ill prob gain 15 pound etc because im stressed, and I eat when Im stressed". You know whats helpful for stress.....exercise! Move your body. Im not saying you have to be a fuckn body builder but move, do some push ups, some wall squats, use the stairs in your house for cardio, find heavy things in or around the house to lift to hit different muscle groups.

The pathetic thing is people will always find and excuse. 5 times out of 10 I hate exercising, have to build myself up to it but when you hit that ten min peak where you got your sweat on and your hearts pumping, then you feel as if a train cant stop you.

If you can take one thing out of this annoying and horrible time in all of our lives, get in shape and do something positive for yourself, if you can walk to the fridge you're more than capable of exercising.
Fat fucks will always find an excuse for being fat. And being at home due to covid-19 will even give them more excuses. Exercise is great, and even though I am not allowed to go running like I do every day. I just do it at home. I run around my house.

Grinchy

Banned
Just put a little bit of poison in your food. Then you can eat as much as you want, throw it up right afterward so your body can't digest it, and you will feel too shitty to want to eat anything more afterward. But, you got that nice satisfaction of stuffing your face! I think this is a fool-proof plan.

Last edited:

Karmic Raze

I’ve changed my eating habits, started drinking zero sugar soda, and since then I have lost 19 pounds in total. I keep losing on average of 1 pound a day and I am happy with that. I am making strides in losing weight, getting in shape, and becoming healthy for the first time in a very long time. I was drinking like 1,800 calories a day in sugary drinks a day not counting my 3 meals and snacks, so I think I’m doing pretty damn good right now.

I’ve changed my eating habits, started drinking zero sugar soda, and since then I have lost 19 pounds in total. I keep losing on average of 1 pound a day and I am happy with that. I am making strides in losing weight, getting in shape, and becoming healthy for the first time in a very long time. I was drinking like 1,800 calories a day in sugary drinks a day not counting my 3 meals and snacks, so I think I’m doing pretty damn good right now.
Good shit man. For the last two days I've eaten around 700-1000 calories. I want to keep this up and make sure the weight disappears again. I don't drink soda, eat sugar, eat much carbs. My main choice of food is protein. Eggs, Chicken, Beef, Pork, Beans and cheese for dairy. I also eat apples and bananas along with black berries and onions for antioxidants.

I miss moving around though. I was walking at least 20 miles a week before things turned to shit.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Getting it tomorrow. Waking up, start drinking water get my hydration levels up and starting off right. Going to map out the workout, and im going to push a little bit further than last time

I think I’ll start adding more proprioception work too, start to really dial in on core

teezzy

Banned
At home I have an iron gym for push ups and pull ups, a 30 lb. kettlebell , a 30 lb dumbbell (8.8 + 4.4 x 2 + bar), two light 8 lb dumbbells and an exercise bike.

The hard part for me building a routine and sticking with it. I've also been eating a lot of waffles lately.

bati

Good shit man. For the last two days I've eaten around 700-1000 calories. I want to keep this up and make sure the weight disappears again. I don't drink soda, eat sugar, eat much carbs. My main choice of food is protein. Eggs, Chicken, Beef, Pork, Beans and cheese for dairy. I also eat apples and bananas along with black berries and onions for antioxidants.

I miss moving around though. I was walking at least 20 miles a week before things turned to shit.

Jesus christ, what the fuck am I reading.

Both of you, educate yourself on nutrition and weight loss asap.

bronk

Banned
Fat fucks will always find an excuse for being fat.
This is fucking hilarious. I'm saving this for my friends that need to hear it. My cousin literally thanked us for talking shit. He was like fuck you guys and it motivated him to work out. We still laugh about it. All love, but you gotta be real.

Last edited:

I tried running the other day. My ankles are so weak I almost face planted. Doesn’t help I had a 50lb backpack on. But still.

if a zombie was chasing me I would have saved the fat guy.

Cutty Flam

Banned
I need to work on my ankles too. Been working on calves strength, and today did one legged standa today for 30 seconds each legs. Eventually will do it on the bosu ball and then add some band work as well

Walked for 30 min and then trained for about 70-80 min

Going by the book, just a little bit more each time, progressive overload, slow and steady, perfect form over everything

Belmonte

For the dudes who aren't convinced yet, this was the video which convinced me to exercise after years of not caring:

Exercise is much more than vanity. Even a little helps a lot to tackle anxiety, depression, increases testosterone, health, memory and even helps you to learn faster.

Just wanna say that since I’ve started getting some exercise daily (think I’m in week 3 now) I haven’t had a full blown panic attack once. Just a couple close calls which are normal. I haven’t gone more than 2 weeks without having a full episode in like 2 years of previous sedentary living.

Im still in terrible shape compared to the average person but just working my way up slowly

Take what control you can over your life. Just waking a couple times a day can be great for you over the long haul

Top Bottom