• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranded on deserted island: grab a Nintendo Handheld and 3 games

brinstar

Damn, that's a tough one. Gonna have to go with N3DS I think:

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
Xenoblade
Chrono Trigger DS

Edit: Oh wait no online? Hmm, swap Smash out for Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse

Shifty

3DS XL

Mega Man Zero Collection
(Does this count since it's essentially a multicart? Closest thing I'll get to a character action game on a portable.)

Bangai-O Spirits
(Lots of content, lots of explosions)

Kid Icarus Uprising
(Long game, high replayability)

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
N3DS:

Smash Bros
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Tetris DS

EMT0

Banned
3DS:

Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Pokemon SoulSilver
SMT4: Apocalypse

That's more or less enough variety for me to last a decent while. I could create an uncountable number of inane challenges to keep the games fresh(ish).

Harmen

Gameboy Advanced SP (gotta have backlight):

-Pokémon Crystal (long, lot's of additional content beyond the main adventure, extremely high replay value)
-The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (one of my favourite Zelda's and a good content rich adventure)
-Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (a fun RPG with plenty of content and with some action thrown in the mix).

3DS

Mega Man Legacy Collection
Chrono Trigger
Super Smash Bros for 3DS with all the dlc

I would miss Pokemon but this would set me for a long time.

HooYaH

It's just a weird situation. Maybe a better one would be, you go on vacation to a secluded cabin, What three games do you bring with you? Instead it's, how do you want to pass the time while slowly dying and going insane? Why does it have to be a life or death thing? Is the risk needed?

True, what's the point of playing games when you need to look for food to survive and getting off the island.

btw, I'll get a 3ds XL so chances of an overhead rescue airplane can see the screen at night.

inner-G

Banned
DS:

KORG synthesizer so I can have some beats

Lost in Blue 2 so I have a guide for how to live on/escape an island

Maybe DQIX so I have a video game to play

Smasher89

3ds or a DS with pokemon emerald (best pokemon postgame), planet puzzle league (or any of the better versions of puzzle league) and ssbm (since the 3ds have wii games(DKCR), a gc game would be easy to get for it, right? ) :p

StarPhlox

I'm going to go with GBA

And I'll take Metroid: Zero Mission, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, and Final Fantasy VI

Set for weeks!!

AndrewPL

3Ds with
Mario maker
Rpg maker
And I dunno? Art academy?

Some thing like binding of Isaac or spelunky sounds perfect for situations like this.

rackham

Banned
I guess final fantasy tactics or vi since that's the only way I'll finish those.

Boktai 1 cause it's one of my favorite games and why the fuck not.

Mega man zero 1-4

It's my list and I'll cheat if I want to

Theosmeo

3DS

Smash
Mega Man Zero Collection
Mario 64 or Sonic Classic Collection(tied for 3rd place)

Was tempted to go for the ace attorney trilogy but Ive already played them...

Cody_D165

Banned
I guess my 3DS with Tetris DS, WarioWare Inc (ambassador download), and Final Fantasy Theatrhythm: Curtain Call (and all DLC!)

DS

FF VI Advance
Zelda ALTTP Advance
AC Wild World

It's unfortunate I can't have ACNL, but I need my FF VI and ALTTP.

A less emotional, less nostalgia based and more intelligent decision would probably be a 3DS with Mario Maker, ACNL, and Mariokart 7. Infinite levels to design, the best AC, and my favorite Mario Kart.

18-Volt

It's either:

GBA Sp Backlit

Super Mario Bros 3 Advance
Castlevania Dual Pack (no cheating here, it's only one cartridge)
WarioWare Mega Microgame$

or

DSi Blue

Jam With The Band
Osu Tatakae Ouendan
Jump Ultimate Stars

PS Vita with Spelunky and Binding of Issac Rebirth. Don't need a third game, I'm good.

Edit: I skimmed over the the thread title. Oh well. Gonna go with a 3DS with Xenoblade Chronicles (haven't played the portable version but the Wii version was good), Animal Crossing and I guess Fire Emblem Awakening since that's the reason I got a 3DS in the first place.

woopWOOP

A fancy N3DS XL with
Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (DS)
Code Name S.T.E.A.M.
Final Fantasy III (DS)

should probably keep me busy plenty while I slowly starve to death in the blazing sun

GamerJM

Banned
3DS

Pokemon Platinum
Fire Emblem Fates
Ouendan 2

This was really tough. Mario Kart DS and Smash 4 were really hard cuts, but I already played MKDS to the point where I'm not sure if I'd be able to find much new in it (whereas I can't say that about the other three), and while I love Smash 4 I think playing it would just make me miss playing Melee (or really any Smash game properly with a Gamecube controller). Which game in each specific series was also really hard; Sun and Platinum are tied with Sun probably edging out Platinum, but I went with Platinum because I prefer its postgame. EBA/Ouendan 2 are similar with EBA being the game I prefer by a slight margin, but I went with Ouendan 2 because I think I played it a little less and because I prefer the music in it (and I wouldn't have as much music to listen to there).

There are also some games that don't really rank up with these but are still great and would be perfect for this setup, like Tetris DS/Party Deluxe, Animal Crossing New Leaf, and any of the WarioWare games.

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
Game Boy Advance:

Mario Kart: Super Circuit
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Pokemon Silver

Sillverrr

I've already played a lot of the DS "classics", so if I were on a desert island, I should really take a GBA to play the games I've skipped.

(1) Mario Kart: Super Circuit. DS Kart is great, but I think this version stands closer to the SNES original, and therefore plays on my nostalgia strings. This is the only game on my list I've played the shit out of already - it's handheld MK perfection.

(2) Fire Emblem. I did actually start this once, but I dropped it to play the casual mode in FE: Fates. If I had more time, I'd like to pick it up again.

(3) Advance Wars. Haven't played this series; would prefer to start with the GBA original than the DS entries.

Fancolors

3DS

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Tetris DS
DJMAX Encore (well, it hasn't been released yet, but it does look a lot like Portable 2 or Fever. If it's anywhere near those two, it's worth it).

If DS homebrew counts, I would switch out Tetris DS for the fan made TGM on the DS, not the ideal control scheme but still fun. Gotta think of the system's longevity.

FirLocke

3DS

Theatrhythm Curtain Call - For the endless playability and to have the most pimped out street pass card

Chrono Trigger - Might finally see all those endings! And all those character combinations

Ever Oasis - For the extra immersion!

Top Bottom