• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranded on deserted island: grab a Nintendo Handheld and 3 games

Megatron

Im not sure why we have to stick to nintendo. Personally if it were a handheld and three games (and ignoring the how do I recharge it question) I would bring a Vita with Persona 4 Golden, Final Fantasy X/X2 and Metal gear solid collection.

If I were sticking to the rules, I guess I woukd bring a 3ds and dq8, Bravely second and Mario 3D Land.

But my preference would be to bring the vita.

CDX

Only 3 games? That's hard.

I haven't been following the 3DS custom firmware/homebrew stuff. Can you make the 3DS region free?

New 3DS XL

Puyo Puyo Tetris (Japanese version)
Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone
Mario Maker

Now that I think about it I could probably just use a Japanese 3DS with those 3 games and not worry about the language.

SirNinja

New 3DS XL with these (and with all their patches/DLC, of course):

• Hyrule Warriors Legends - This would probably be the only way I could finish all the adventure boards. Finding the perfect weapon for everyone and getting their level to 255 would keep me busy until I'm rescued...or die of old age.
  • Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call - This could keep me busy forever. Prestiging everyone's level 10 times, raising everyone's stats to 999, getting all criticals on all songs, finding the perfect quest map, getting all the premium foil cards, getting to max rhythmia...there's never nothing to do in this game.
  • Super Smash Bros. 4 - I suck at it but hey, I'm on a desert island; I have all the time in the world to improve. There's tons of content on offer here, and always a high score to beat.
In place of SSB4 I could also go with an enormous RPG like Xenoblade 3D, Dragon Quest VII/VIII, SMT 4/A, Pokemon Sun/Moon, Etrian Odyssey 4/1U/2U, Devil Survivor Overclocked/Recordbreaker...the list goes on. 3DS really does have a crazy library.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
3DS:
Yoshi's Island (Ambassador)
Sonic 2 3D (if collections are allowed: Sonic Collection DS)
Super Mario Maker 3DS

Very one-sided, but I need my favourite game, I need Sonic 2 and Super Mario Maker 3DS ensures that I can make new levels for myself with all the time I have.

So is it cheating to bring:

3DS
Sky3DS+ (30+ physical 3DS games available)
DSTwo (40+ physical DS games and 10 GB/A games available)

Because if not, that's my choice. Otherwise:

3DS
Zelda Link Between Worlds
Crosswords Plus (so much content!)
Hyrule Warriors Legends (also... so much content!)

DS lite

Polarium (GBA)
One puzzle a day for a year.

Pang (DS)
It took me 6 years to finish Tour mode. Would love the opportunity to do it again.

MaBoShi (DS download play)
The circle game 1 million point challenge. I've only done this 3 times in 10 years.

It would be great if I could take an action replay cart so that I could figure out how to change the levels.

I feel like 3DS is the way to go.

Mario Kart 7
SEGA 3D Classics Collection (Puyo Puyo and Sonic mostly)
Monster Hunter Generations

Give me a switch over anything please. I could pick 3 games from its anemic catalog and be happier provided we include this weeks releases.

Zelda
Puyo Puyo (played/struggled through jpn dialog already to know)
Kart 8 (played enough on Wii U to know)

Cloud7

Nintendo 3DS:

1. The World Ends With You (DS)
2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
3. Pokemon Moon (3DS)

But I'll buy all the VC games before I head out for the desert island so I can have a ton more options haha

Firemind

This one is easy.

GBA
Advance Wars
Pokemon Red/Blue
Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals

I'd choose Link's Awakening but unlike those three games there isn't a lot of RNG so I'll get bored of it eventually by replaying it over and over again.

Kyle8497

Original DS:

1) Super Mario 64 DS (Can replay SM64 to death + the minigames in the DS version)
2) Pokémon Pearl (Capturing all Pokémon, shineys, everything else)
3) WarioWare: Touched (Massive replay-ability)

Top Bottom