• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranger of Sword City |OT| Okay, it's been an hour. Are you dead yet?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Yep, definitely picking up Operation Abyss as well. Was Cross Blood any good? Seems like there was very little fanfare for the original.

Id say wait for the re-release in August. Fans of the series seemed to enjoy it. The PC version of the original first released one is worth a ton of cash, if thats any sort of other indication.

Since the re-release will have bonuses for Operation Abyss or vice versa forgot which was which.

CrovaxPSO

Operation Keep Busy Until Vita Release has begun

UIzDXqP.jpg

Parakeetman

Totally passed right over it, thanks. I need to brush up on my kanji.

It breaks each time you look at it? How cruel.

haha pretty much. I think this feature was something new to the series. Better have that thief + treasure skill ready to crack every single chest you come across after battle need all the coin you can get.

time to break out that grid paper like the good ol days. yeeeehaaaaaaw self map making!

*Pic isnt mine but you get the idea haha

CrovaxPSO

haha pretty much. I think this feature was something new to the series. Better have that thief + treasure skill ready to crack every single chest you come across after battle need all the coin you can get.

time to break out that grid paper like the good ol days. yeeeehaaaaaaw self map making!

Yeah, when I saw that thief skill I took it right away. It's been a while since I played Elminage Original and I'm already reminded of how much harder this series is, haha.

Wow, that's some impressive map making. Multiple pages for some of them!

Parakeetman

Yeah, when I saw that thief skill I took it right away. It's been a while since I played Elminage Original and I'm already reminded of how much harder this series is, haha.

Wow, that's some impressive map making. Multiple pages for some of them!

That pic the guy says he did those up for Wizardry 6.

I used to do shit like that for the old pc version man good times. I remember ruining my maps due to being an idiot and knocking my coffee mug over onto the stuff while playing way way too late at night haha man that was the worst thing ever.

yeah Elminage fantastic series for those who want the more "core / pure" experience of what the first person dungeon crawlers were like before it started to morph to become a bit more user friendly / open to others. Great that we have both types now though as one can help bring folks into the other.

When I get back tonight need to work on putting up the info for the classes in this game. Had totally forgot to do that. Its interesting how Stranger of Sword City isnt going to have an actual rogue class as everyone can have the skill set to open chests and whatnots. Unfortunate, but should be interesting to see how the customized skills will work.

Oh shit I had no idea there was an old super famicon version of W6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdzFJgleKmA

CrovaxPSO

That pic the guy says he did those up for Wizardry 6.

I used to do shit like that for the old pc version man good times. I remember ruining my maps due to being an idiot and knocking my coffee mug over onto the stuff while playing way way too late at night haha man that was the worst thing ever.

yeah Elminage fantastic series for those who want the more "core / pure" experience of what the first person dungeon crawlers were like before it started to morph to become a bit more user friendly / open to others. Great that we have both types now though as one can help bring folks into the other.

When I get back tonight need to work on putting up the info for the classes in this game. Had totally forgot to do that. Its interesting how Stranger of Sword City isnt going to have an actual rogue class as everyone can have the skill set to open chests and whatnots. Unfortunate, but should be interesting to see how the customized skills will work.

Oh shit I had no idea there was an old super famicon version of W6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdzFJgleKmA

I was wondering why in that stat screen I linked to earlier the ninja had open lock and identify in the "Adventuring ability" window. Didn't realize there was no thief class, even though I've looked at the class list, haha. Now I'm curious what other abilities there will be.

Parakeetman

I was wondering why in that stat screen I linked to earlier the ninja had open lock and identify in the "Adventuring ability" window. Didn't realize there was no thief class, even though I've looked at the class list, haha. Now I'm curious what other abilities there will be.

yeah i dont think the devs talked about what all the starting abilities or skills you can pick from are.

but the games mechanics allow for class changes. what happens is you can stay as a class as you level up to unlock more skills / passives and such or you can switch in the middle of it and go into a new class to unlock newer skills / passives. Only can do this like 5 times or something. i wrote it down somewhere the info on it while reading the interview on the train. Sounds like it will be a unique system thats for sure and an even larger reason as to why you dont want to have permadeath hit your characters which is also in the game.

There is also the lifepoint system and when all of those are expired character goes poof basically. The age system will work into this as well. Younger characters have more lifepoints, but their stats increase slower. Older characters will have a single life point but their stats increase at a higher rate making them more powerful characters. In the interview they joked how during the testing / balancing process they had players who would literally base parties around protecting the older characters. "Protect the Old Man" is what they had said.

One thing I hope that the game sells well enough so they can release DLC of more character portraits. Since the other races are a bit lacking. Even better would be the series does so well that the game gets another made as Id like to see this series continue on as is just based off the design and artwork alone and have not even played it yet.

CrovaxPSO

yeah i dont think the devs talked about what all the starting abilities or skills you can pick from are.

but the games mechanics allow for class changes. what happens is you can stay as a class as you level up to unlock more skills / passives and such or you can switch in the middle of it and go into a new class to unlock newer skills / passives. Only can do this like 5 times or something. i wrote it down somewhere the info on it while reading the interview on the train. Sounds like it will be a unique system thats for sure and an even larger reason as to why you dont want to have permadeath hit your characters which is also in the game.

There is also the lifepoint system and when all of those are expired character goes poof basically. The age system will work into this as well. Younger characters have more lifepoints, but their stats increase slower. Older characters will have a single life point but their stats increase at a higher rate making them more powerful characters. In the interview they joked how during the testing / balancing process they had players who would literally base parties around protecting the older characters. "Protect the Old Man" is what they had said.

One thing I hope that the game sells well enough so they can release DLC of more character portraits. Since the other races are a bit lacking. Even better would be the series does so well that the game gets another made as Id like to see this series continue on as is just based off the design and artwork alone and have not even played it yet.

The life point system sounds interesting. And yeah, there are a ton of human and a lot of elf portraits, but not many for the other races. It's a shame because the art is so good, I want as much of it as possible.

Speaking of the art, I'm tempted to order the visual book from the Experience store. They showed some pictures of it on Twitter, looks really nice.

Parakeetman

The life point system sounds interesting. And yeah, there are a ton of human and a lot of elf portraits, but not many for the other races. It's a shame because the art is so good, I want as much of it as possible.

Speaking of the art, I'm tempted to order the visual book from the Experience store. They showed some pictures of it on Twitter, looks really nice.

Ive already ordered mine along with that other poster too lol. I wonder if those will be limited in print or not or if they will keep them out considering the PC / Vita versions are yet to come.

They must be pretty confident in the game to have the titles spaced apart so much though, since for example if now IF the 360 version and the game turns out to be bad its going to highly effect the potential future sales. Still regardless the hardcore would buy it anyways just because.

Though I think they might be onto something here bringing the series back to the more hardcore roots with a twits as they seem to be doing.

If only custom portraits were in this game... lol

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Oh, I didn't know this was up! Yay! I'm super happy I could be of service to you in doing what little bits of translation I could. :D

Super curious to see how the aging system pans out. I was playing a lot of the PSP remake of Ore no Shikabane wo Koeteyuke because Sony made it free on PSN to hype up the sequel and I really love how your party formation and overall tactical options are affected by the presence of different characters at different ages. It's actually somewhat the opposite of this game; the most powerful members of your party are still initially going to be your elders, but you have to protect the younger ones because they can die really easily and potentially leave you up a creek for how strong the next generation will be. Interesting dynamic and it sounds like this game has its own thing going for it that I'm super intrigued with playing around with for myself.

Parakeetman

Oh, I didn't know this was up! Yay! I'm super happy I could be of service to you in doing what little bits of translation I could. :D

Super curious to see how the aging system pans out. I was playing a lot of the PSP remake of Ore no Shikabane wo Koeteyuke because Sony made it free on PSN to hype up the sequel and I really love how your party formation and overall tactical options are affected by the presence of different characters at different ages. It's actually somewhat the opposite of this game; the most powerful members of your party are still initially going to be your elders, but you have to protect the younger ones because they can die really easily and potentially leave you up a creek for how strong the next generation will be. Interesting dynamic and it sounds like this game has its own thing going for it that I'm super intrigued with playing around with for myself.

thank you again for the help during your own busy schedule! really took a huge load off my back over here.

will be doing another update to the ot as there was some stuff i had forgot to add. lol
hopefully the formatting will allow for it seeing as we have gone over the first page

this game should indeed be interesting. need to look over the interview again to see if lost LP could be recovered. as with how the character advancement works its not just simply a specific class that you will be losing but a custom tailored character which should make the loss all the more painful. as to make the same character again its not just rerolling the same class but doing all of the job changes and class passive / skill acquisitions again. should make folks think a bit more.

another thing is there will be an even faster battle skip which should instantly show you the results. problem being is you could wind up with a lit if dead characters without even knowing what happened in the fight.

for music there will be an option to turn off the songs that contain vocals which will be replaced with instrumental bits instead. this is for those who didnt enjoy that type of music which contained the vocaloid type of vocals in demon gaze nice to see they thought of that. they said the love hate ratio was about 50/50

in this game you wont be upgrading your weapons yourself like demon gaze. everything will be found within the dungeons with the random +#value stats included. so takes it a bit back to the core roots of loot with dungeon crawling loot hunting.

a new system being introduced too is giving rare items to a type of mimic where after you can receive a new item for better or worse so its up to the player with doing this. the mimic appears at random in the dungeons but enough to make the system work. apparently as most mimics its no pushover to defeat too. the type of item that may come out also depends on player level.

CrovaxPSO

thank you again for the help during your own busy schedule! really took a huge load off my back over here.

will be doing another update to the ot as there was some stuff i had forgot to add. lol
hopefully the formatting will allow for it seeing as we have gone over the first page

this game should indeed be interesting. need to look over the interview again to see if lost LP could be recovered. as with how the character advancement works its not just simply a specific class that you will be losing but a custom tailored character which should make the loss all the more painful. as to make the same character again its not just rerolling the same class but doing all of the job changes and class passive / skill acquisitions again. should make folks think a bit more.

another thing is there will be an even faster battle skip which should instantly show you the results. problem being is you could wind up with a lit if dead characters without even knowing what happened in the fight.

for music there will be an option to turn off the songs that contain vocals which will be replaced with instrumental bits instead. this is for those who didnt enjoy that type of music which contained the vocaloid type of vocals in demon gaze nice to see they thought of that. they said the love hate rstio was about 50/50

Nice to hear that you can disable the vocals. I normally like vocaloid music but the way IA was used in Demon Gaze was kind of weird. The samples on the Stranger site aren't bad, though.

Tex117

Banned
I wouldn't think this would find much of a home on Xbox 360, but oh well.

Would have liked to have seen it on Ps3

Parakeetman

I wouldn't think this would find much of a home on Xbox 360, but oh well.

Would have liked to have seen it on Ps3

the problem is that it was already from the birth of the project a 360 title. which then also moved to pc and vita.

vita being due to positive sales of demon gaze
also doubt it would gave done well as a console release as you can see almost all wizardry type of games these days are on the handhelds.

i really wish that acquire and zerodiv would have released their two wizardry games on the psvita instead. totally was a waste to ios it. wonder if they are making money off of it. considering they havent made anothercant be doing that well

Parakeetman

I always wondering, how do you draw a map when playing oldschool gridder?

graph paper first off, then lots of patience with marking and counting every square in your head then transferring it to paper. Easiest to start with the outsides if its a room then fill in the rest. Hallways are a no brainer. Then any other marking you coordinate the way you see fit.

think of what you do in eo just that you dont gave a topdown visual feedback to go over.

Its a lot easier to do than making maps in real life as in the Wizardry type games everything is grid based. 1 step = 1 grid for scale.

I never expecting to see Matataku's thumbnail art on this site lol

While Im not 100% sure its him I could have sworn he did art for a few culdcept cards.

Parakeetman

Parakeetman, please post your gameplay vids on here when you can. I would love to see proper gameplay

Yep one more day till launch. I am praying that they didnt region lock it so can use my US system that is HDMI compat to record with. As mentioned before the JP one is component only so thats a problem with my recording setup.

Will have to wait and see tomorrow.

Parakeetman

Art book and posters arrived from Exp Inc but no game till tomorrow. The store in my town wont even be carrying it so no chance of "flying get". D: 20 bucks well spent on the artbook, gonna leave the posters rolled up for now as no place to put them anyways currently. Everything together costed as much as the game though lol

CrovaxPSO

Art book and posters arrived from Exp Inc but no game till tomorrow. The store in my town wont even be carrying it so no chance of "flying get". D: 20 bucks well spent on the artbook, gonna leave the posters rolled up for now as no place to put them anyways currently. Everything together costed as much as the game though lol

Don't tempt me with that book, argh.

Parakeetman

Don't tempt me with that book, argh.

To give you an idea of how many pages it has, its almost as thick as a standard CD case.

I just took it out once and never again, since I hate putting this shit back with the adhesive tape facing inwards that always touches the cover when trying to slide it back in. D:

So how you doing in your misadventures in Elminage?

CrovaxPSO

To give you an idea of how many pages it has, its almost as thick as a standard CD case.

I just took it out once and never again, since I hate putting this shit back with the adhesive tape facing inwards that always touches the cover when trying to slide it back in. D:

So how you doing in your misadventures in Elminage?

Made good progress in the first dungeon in Gothic but decided to focus on finishing Moero Chronicle instead of bouncing around between games. Just cleared the 3rd dungeon in that and started on the 4th. It has a nice aesthetic: http://i.imgur.com/0sonAOC.jpg

I turned the difficulty up after breezing through the first dungeon and my playtime is almost at 15 hours, so it definitely doesn't seem like a very long game for a dungeon crawler. There is some post-game content and a true ending, so that should add a little length at least.

Parakeetman

Made good progress in the first dungeon in Gothic but decided to focus on finishing Moero Chronicle instead of bouncing around between games. Just cleared the 3rd dungeon in that and started on the 4th. It has a nice aesthetic: http://i.imgur.com/0sonAOC.jpg

I turned the difficulty up after breezing through the first dungeon and my playtime is almost at 15 hours, so it definitely doesn't seem like a very long game for a dungeon crawler. There is some post-game content and a true ending, so that should add a little length at least.

That does look pretty nice for dungeon design. I swear I would buy that game if only it didnt have touch related shit. Since fanservice not a problem, but when it comes to having to use any sort of touch mechanics is where I lose my shit and tell the devs to piss off. Was staring at it in the stores today too after a meeting I had to attend, but yep thanks to them thinking its cool to put in stupid touch gimmick shit prevented me from picking it up. Any sort of poking, prodding swiping etc regardless of the game drives me insane. Drawing maps in 世界樹 is about as far as Ill go.

Ive actually went back to playing more of dungeon travelers 2 in the mean time before sleeping, though I usually wind up wandering around one floor before falling asleep as is.

Cant wait till I get to the hidden dungeon and see the fucked up bosses in it lol.

CrovaxPSO

That does look pretty nice for dungeon design. I swear I would buy that game if only it didnt have touch related shit. Since fanservice not a problem, but when it comes to having to use any sort of touch mechanics is where I lose my shit and tell the devs to piss off.

Ive actually went back to playing more of dungeon travelers 2 in the mean time before sleeping, though I usually wind up wandering around one floor before falling asleep as is.

Cant wait till I get to the hidden dungeon and see the fucked up bosses in it lol.

The rubbing minigame in Moero Chronicle seems significantly more difficult than it was in Monster Monpiece. The rub spots have started being on weird places like the wrist or ankle, and with a very narrow "sweet spot". After failing and having to do the fight again several times I said screw it and looked up the correct spots on the wiki. I really wish it was optional since it kind of screws up the flow of an otherwise good game. Thankfully you only have to do it once per monster girl unlike Monpiece since you can give gift items to raise affection instead of rubbing at the inn.

Parakeetman

The rubbing minigame in Moero Chronicle seems significantly more difficult than it was in Monster Monpiece. The rub spots have started being on weird places like the wrist or ankle, and with a very narrow "sweet spot". After failing and having to do the fight again several times I said screw it and looked up the correct spots on the wiki. I really wish it was optional since it kind of screws up the flow of an otherwise good game. Thankfully you only have to do it once per monster girl unlike Monpiece since you can give gift items to raise affection instead of rubbing at the inn.

Monster Monpiece was another title that looked interesting and turned off by the worthless touch mechanics. Seriously is a damned shame since Id pick up the game otherwise as am curious to see how good of a job they did with the genre was.

Id be just as pissed off if Persona Q for example had idiotic touch controlled parts in it.

CrovaxPSO

Monster Monpiece was another title that looked interesting and turned off by the worthless touch mechanics. Seriously is a damned shame since Id pick up the game otherwise as am curious to see how good of a job they did with the genre was.

Id be just as pissed off if Persona Q for example had idiotic touch controlled parts in it.

Yeah, I wish it was completely optional. It's not an amazing dungeon crawler but it's definitely good enough not to need to have the minigame mandatory.

In terms of difficulty, it's easier than Demon Gaze. There have only been poison tiles in the first dungeon so far (that you don't even need to cross), and there are no trap tiles or trapped chests yet. The battles are sort of based around an aura combo system (similar to Monpiece) where you want to attack monsters/parts of the bosses with the correct weakness to build a combo. Like Monpiece, it's nothing super complicated but it's involved enough to stay interesting.

I feel like both the fanservice and the mandatory touch controls are both barriers to people trying the series. The games stand well enough on their own without them, but I guess Compile Heart feels like they need them. Like I said, though, it's at least only required rarely and can be done in 10 seconds or so each time with the use of the wiki.

I love dungeon crawlers, and have been playing them since i was a kid (eotb, dungeon master, wizradry, m&m, ultima underworld and so forth). Judging from the trailer though, is it true that the enemies don't even have an attack animation or a death animation? Enemies are just basically a static picture? If that's the case it puts me off a bit i guess.

CrovaxPSO

I love dungeon crawlers, and have been playing them since i was a kid (eotb, dungeon master, wizradry, m&m, ultima underworld and so forth). Judging from the trailer though, is it true that the enemies don't even have an attack animation or a death animation? Enemies are just basically a static picture? If that's the case it puts me off a bit i guess.

I haven't played those older games, and now that I think about it, no Western-developed dungeon crawlers at all unless I'm just forgetting (not counting Legend of Grimrock). All of the Japanese games that I've seen, including the Japanese Wizardry games, all have the static monster portraits that just flash or shake with basic slash or hit sprites on the screen. There might be some that have animated enemies but I can't think of any offhand. It's probably tradition at this point that the portraits are static, made up for by increasingly intricate artwork.

Edit: Actually, that Super Famicom Wizardry game that Parakeetman linked earlier in the thread has animated enemies.

Parakeetman

Pretty much its not really animated at all. Then again this company in general knows its not what the fanbase is after anyways.

These guys Experience Inc are pretty niche so they know exactly who they are targeting with their titles and has been serving them pretty well since.

If you want something with animations and such you might want to check out Etrian Odyssey 4 as they changed things up with that game with the enemies having actual animations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVkxyvoQXqM

Personally I find it odd that someone who has been with the older games would be "put off" due to no animations. :eek:
i-m-watching-you-o.gif

Parakeetman

Just arrived. Will have to set up the 360. Currently no room on the desk. Going to try it out on a US system first to see if its region locked or not. I seriously hope they didnt lock it or else no footage can be recorded.

360 currently updating annnnnnnd fuck. Region locked.

Ok game is confirmed region locked on US systems so for those of you who were considering if any importing the 360 Version dont do it. Updating the OP again.

Parakeetman

Unless you have a JP system I repeat do not import this title. Not sure if it will work on Asian systems as have no way of testing it myself personally. Guess folks will have to wait to see what Play Asia says if they carry the game at all that is.

Fuck this means I cant record stuff currently. Will have to look at prices of used JP units with HDMI output, not happy at all. Really boneheaded move on EXPs behalf to region lock it. They should have coded it to region free just to get more sales from importers also. Folks would have double dipped for a localized version anyways. Now this will totally bite them in the ass with game sales even more so considering how late into the game they are with the 360.

Ok brb folks gonna go look for a JP 360 with HDMI ports. I dont believe this shit... Since my OG JP X360 is the one without HDMI ports so cant record using my AverMedia setup.

Shengar

A niche Japanese company releasing a game for 360 in 2014 is just like a niche western indie developer releasing a psp game in 2014. Hoping the Vita release will mitigate the loss.

Parakeetman

I wonder why they didn't think of releasing this on PS3.

Wasnt designed for it initially. That and its not like the genre has had any sort of track record on the PS3 therefore making it more of a risk. On top of doubt the devs even have PS3 dev kits considering they have never made a title for the system before. While they have in the past made 360 titles with Students of the Round and Labyrinth Cross Blood Reloaded.

They are better off on the Vita anyways as have a proven track record there and are familiar with the OS.

Would have been silly for them to invest in dev kits and get the team to work with the system this late in the game. They dont have all that much in terms of resources.

---

To all of those who keep bringing up the 360 IT WAS THE ORIGINAL PLATFORM OF DEVELOPMENT WITH THE TITLE. Hence why they still had to release it regardless. Thankfully they are smart enough to also do the PC version which was already planned along with the Vita version thanks to how well Demon Gaze did. Just that the spacing is a bit fucked, but at the same time they know if the PC / Vita release were any closer literally no one would have bought the 360 version. Am sure they are not amused either with how they had to do things considering, but for the sake of company survival the steps had to be taken the way they are. Project was put on freeze a long time ago and only recently brought out again after having finished all their other projects that started to take place inbetween.

Though once again they seriously fucked the 360 version by region locking it. Am not even sure if they can "patch out" the region locking. If I used twitter Id find a way to ask the devs this myself. Since if its possible Id highly suggest to them to take off the region locking to allow import copies to be sold. Since money made is still money in the pocket for them regardless of international or domestic. And they just fucked themselves out of the international scene currently.

CrovaxPSO

I would have been really tempted to order a copy of the 360 version if it was region free. I'm not really surprised since I believe I read that region locking is "on" by default on the 360 and developers have to specifically want it to be region free. I don't blame Experience for not doing it, but I was sort of hoping that Demon Gaze was successful enough overseas for them to think about it.

Shengar

The region locking on 360 was up to the developer right? Yeah kinda dumb move since it's a potentially lost sale, especially for a game this niche :/

Parakeetman

I would have been really tempted to order a copy of the 360 version if it was region free. I'm not really surprised since I believe I read that region locking is "on" by default on the 360 and developers have to specifically want it to be region free. I don't blame Experience for not doing it, but I was sort of hoping that Demon Gaze was successful enough overseas for them to think about it.

I think the problem is that they do not have someone internally in the team who thinks about things on a global scale, which is what they do need. Thats why they most likely didnt even consider it as part of the equation with development.

The region locking on 360 was up to the developer right? Yeah kinda dumb move since it's a potentially lost sale, especially for a game this niche :/

Yes that is correct.

--

Got a used 360 for around 70 USD with HDMI port, but this poor bastard looks like it got dragged to Iraq and back. Am currently in the process of cleaning it up. This was the only thing around in my town that wouldnt have gone into the buy a fucking new system already range, which I dont need considering I have a perfectly fine US / JP one. Only did this for the rest of you beautiful maniacs here in the thread with me. Think the guy was a heavy smoker which is why the shell is piss yellow, though doesnt expain some of the other damage markings / things Im seeing. Wish I had kept some of that bottle of alcohol around, used it all up for cleaning off other equipment two weeks ago. D:

CrovaxPSO

I think the problem is that they do not have someone internally in the team who thinks about things on a global scale, which is what they do need. Thats why they most likely didnt even consider it as part of the equation with development.

Yes that is correct.

--

Got a used 360 for around 70 USD with HDMI port, but this poor bastard looks like it got dragged to Iraq and back. Am currently in the process of cleaning it up. This was the only thing around in my town that wouldnt have gone into the buy a fucking new system already range, which I dont need considering I have a perfectly fine US / JP one. Only did this for the rest of you beautiful maniacs here in the thread with me. Think the guy was a heavy smoker which is why the shell is piss yellow, though doesnt expain some of the other damage markings / things Im seeing. Wish I had kept some of that bottle of alcohol around, used it all up for cleaning off other equipment two weeks ago. D:

Haha, maybe it got dropped or something. Definitely appreciate you trying to get footage for us.

Parakeetman

Haha, maybe it got dropped or something. Definitely appreciate you trying to get footage for us.

Yep just give me a bit more time am checking the ports now. dont want the shit to ruin my hdmi cable thats why. Id like to fully pop the case if I could to check out the inners but thats going to be a huge pain in the ass so decided against it for now.

What in the hell is that rattling noise Im hearing? this cant be good. its not even on and am hearing a loose plastic rattling noise from the inside. The other 2 systems dont do it with the HD taken off. So its something internal. This is one of the main reasons why I HATE buying any sort of used hardware for the most part.

later on gonna have to look for my tool kit and take the shit apart. really did not want to have to do this, but need to find out wtf that rattling noise is. Will see how it sounds with a disc spinning inside. Hmm sounds kinda odd, not in a loud way, but the general sound of it spinning doesnt sound right. Anyways all I can hope for is it doesnt die before I get a chance to see how far I can get in the game.

Currently installing to the HD.

Just recorded a huge chunk of footage from the start of the game which is currently ULing. Seems like YT is being hammered now with the UL time being pretty high. Over an hour. D: Anyways will do a new post with the footage and will be recording more in the mean time.

Very happy with the game so far. Fantastic music and graphics look great. Expected also is that I died once during the intro lol.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Thanks for the great OT, Parakeetman (and Pepsiman for the translation help)! I've been in a bit of a Wizardry phase and this game looks right up my alley. Looking forward to importing the PC version in August.

In the mean time, here's a Japanese streamer playing the DL version (he mentions it lacking a manual, lol).

Edit: Stream's ended, but if you follow that link, it's the first link for his archived videos. Shows a good bit of the beginning as he builds his party and goes through the tutorial and a good bit of the first area.

Parakeetman

Thanks for the great OT, Parakeetman (and Pepsiman for the translation help)! I've been in a bit of a Wizardry phase and this game looks right up my alley. Looking forward to importing the PC version in August.

In the mean time, here's a Japanese streamer playing the DL version (he mentions it lacking a manual, lol).

Thanks!

Pepsiman was indeed a great help doing the guild description and about / prologue section. Since I already had the character profiles to take care of, him doing those other sections was a huge help with saving time and stress lol. Real great guy as he agreed to help with his busy schedule right away. Also the fantastic video he did on his own by chance which just happened to be one of the trailers for this game. Its the first video on the left with the 3 present in the Media section. :)

Also thank you for this link, will help folks who want to watch footage now with that stream as my uploads will take a while and can only do one at a time unfortunately with YT. D:

Indeed import away on the PC ver, so far am very impressed with what Im seeing / hearing from the game while playing it and looking forward to progressing further.

I can imagine will be dying a lot till I get used to how things work with this games system and experimenting with the classes.

CrovaxPSO

Missed that stream but someone is streaming on Nico here: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv181875433

The first dungeon looks really nice, I'm digging the background and blowing dust effects.

The guy playing is going through the menus too fast for me to catch what it says all the time, what's the gauge on the left side of the screen with the blue circle?

Parakeetman

Missed that stream but someone is streaming on Nico here: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv181875433

The first dungeon looks really nice, I'm digging the background and blowing dust effects.

The guy playing is going through the menus too fast for me to catch what it says all the time, what's the gauge on the left side of the screen with the blue circle?

The blue circle is the "morale" bar, which basically gets used when doing the "ambush" command. Its not exactly like the circle thing from Demon Gaze, but its similar in the sense of you will 100% get an item(s) from enemies who appear.

You spend the morale points to lie in wait for an enemy supply group and you can see what they are carrying from the symbol on the chest along with their level. The longer you wait the better chance of something coming out that you might want specifically. Though at the same time it will cost you more morale and the enemies get stronger with each group you let by.

The dancer has a skill that can help recover morale points faster so you can continue to ambush enemies and amass loot that way. The chests with traps scare the fuck out of me in this game though lol. Hopefully they wont kill me at low levels at start, but I somehow highly doubt that. :D

Pretty much its not really animated at all. Then again this company in general knows its not what the fanbase is after anyways.

These guys Experience Inc are pretty niche so they know exactly who they are targeting with their titles and has been serving them pretty well since.

If you want something with animations and such you might want to check out Etrian Odyssey 4 as they changed things up with that game with the enemies having actual animations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVkxyvoQXqM

Personally I find it odd that someone who has been with the older games would be "put off" due to no animations. :eek:
i-m-watching-you-o.gif
All the games i mentioned had some kind of animation to the enemies.

Top Bottom