• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STRANGER OF SWORD CITY |OT| - "We're going to need another Timmy"

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Any tips? I'm feeling rather stuck atm, not sure what to do next.

Currently the only quest I have is to track down that machine soldier in the mines, but all the doors are 'too hot', need to cool them somehow.

Explored a bit of the underwater area, need some kind of symbol to use the transporter.

Have I overlooked something obvious?

First you need to defeat the flare fly, obtain the flare orb? then next find Coatl which will drop the Frozen Orb or something. Which you should be able to use to cool down the doors allowing you access into the other areas.

Flare Fly can be found at the crater? or West X15Y06 and found appears from ambushing.
sya_sk.jpg
sya_n.jpg

Coatl can be found after in a different section from ambushing
sya_kodo.jpg

Black Baron is found in the northern section from an red enemy symbol on the map after you open up the areas with the frozen orb dropped from coatl
sya_k.jpg

redcrayon

Any tips on Death Dragon?

I can beat Rainbow easily enough, but the dragon's physical attack does multiple 300+ Hp damage which my party just can't take unless the knight catches everything. I'm level 13/14 with knight/fighter/samurai/ranger/cleric/wizard.

Saphirax

I can beat Rainbow easily enough, but the dragon's physical attack does multiple 300+ Hp damage which my party just can't take unless the knight catches everything. I'm level 13/14 with knight/fighter/samurai/ranger/cleric/wizard.

I actually had the same happen to me. It'd hit me for 400 damage. I just came back later around level 18 and it was really easy.

Parakeetman

Level up. Pretty much. The higher the gap between an enemy and your party is the higher the chance of 1HK attacks / skills proccing is. Which in this case would be requiem cast by the rabbit.

The high damage is already a given with the Dragon, though to balance that out it has low accuracy. Its normal attacks can cause 1HK also so there is that to worry about besides the excessive damage when hit.

Also use divinity skills like magic veil or whatever its called if you have it as that helps prevent against 1HK.

Plus kill the flying bunny first as she will be causing a lot more problems for you if left alive.

Basically in this game whenever you hit a wall like that level and collect gear is the main answer.

redcrayon

Thanks to you both, I'll go and check out the underwater dungeon and come back later!

Good to know about the rabbit and Grand Requiem- will take it out first next time.

Shizuka

A dungeon where you can't use skills... RIP.

Maybe in a few more levels.

One where you can't use skills, another where you can't use magic. At least it's something I liked, it made me adapt to the different dungeons without changing my party just for those specific dungeons.

Parakeetman

A dungeon where you can't use skills... RIP.

Maybe in a few more levels.

The up side is at least you can still nuke stuff. Problem is as usual though MP management.

Just be sure to keep your gear up to date so you can make it through the extended fights.

Tohsaka

This last dungeon is so awful.
I'm on the Alm route, and managed to kill what I thought was the last boss (Marilith), when the Elder spawned. I barely killed him but then got finished off by his adds and now I have to trek back through the three towers again.
At least I don't have to fight the other three bosses again, since I saved after killing them.

ultra7k

First you need to defeat the flare fly, obtain the flare orb? then next find Coatl which will drop the Frozen Orb or something. Which you should be able to use to cool down the doors allowing you access into the other areas.

Flare Fly can be found at the crater? or West X15Y06 and found appears from ambushing.
sya_sk.jpg
sya_n.jpg

Coatl can be found after in a different section from ambushing
sya_kodo.jpg

Black Baron is found in the northern section from an red enemy symbol on the map after you open up the areas with the frozen orb dropped from coatl
sya_k.jpg

Ah thanks got it! Found it during some random ambushes! Thx.

So I'm about to finish the game (just in time for Uncharted, hah), and my characters all have reached level 30, so I decided to play around with the class change mechanics.

Most of the time it's not really worth it. The four skill slots I have to play with (2 + one from my main class and one from my new class) just isn't enough to cover most of my old classes abilities and equipment satisfactorily. Another big issue is that I've found that HIT is actually level dependent = all my characters who class changed lost HIT and whiffed everything in the last dungeon, ugh. I had to grind them back up to their 20s to get them to even hit an enemy again.

That being said, I did class changes with three of my characters, and HIT issue aside they're damn fun.

My Samurai turned Ninja... I found that class has most synergy since they mostly equip the same things (I just put on Dual Wield, Slash 1, Slash 2 and Carnage Front). He's absolutely beastly, solving one of the samurai's biggest weakness - a safe single hit damage attack. Assassination when hidden does impressive damage, and Carnage Front with the Ninja's natural dodge ability is an amazing thing to behold.

My Fighter turned Knight... again, good dual class synergy. No downsides or losses since everything a Fighter can equip, so can a Knight. Slapping on Berserk and Genocide means she's equal in sheer power, but with the added defense boost, immunity to paralysis and back row protection of the Knight.

My Ranger turned Fighter... not bad, but I did have to sacrifice quite a bit of Ranger skills. But it's worth it for Ranger's permanent concentration ability + berserk every round. She's already my damage powerhouse, and now she can single-handedly end most lineage bosses on her own assuming others guard her from attacks.

Having these three in action, when the Death Dragon came back to block the magic stone in Undead Town, I killed it in TWO ROUNDS, lol.

Anyway, guess I'm ready to finish the game, play a bit of the bonus dungeon before putting this title down. No regrets, it's a great game :)

Parakeetman

So I'm about to finish the game (just in time for Uncharted, hah), and my characters all have reached level 30, so I decided to play around with the class change mechanics.

Most of the time it's not really worth it. The four skill slots I have to play with (2 + one from my main class and one from my new class) just isn't enough to cover most of my old classes abilities and equipment satisfactorily. Another big issue is that I've found that HIT is actually level dependent = all my characters who class changed lost HIT and whiffed everything in the last dungeon, ugh. I had to grind them back up to their 20s to get them to even hit an enemy again.

That being said, I did class changes with three of my characters, and HIT issue aside they're damn fun.

My Samurai turned Ninja... I found that class has most synergy since they mostly equip the same things (I just put on Dual Wield, Slash 1, Slash 2 and Carnage Front). He's absolutely beastly, solving one of the samurai's biggest weakness - a safe single hit damage attack. Assassination when hidden does impressive damage, and Carnage Front with the Ninja's natural dodge ability is an amazing thing to behold.

My Fighter turned Knight... again, good dual class synergy. No downsides or losses since everything a Fighter can equip, so can a Knight. Slapping on Berserk and Genocide means she's equal in sheer power, but with the added defense boost, immunity to paralysis and back row protection of the Knight.

My Ranger turned Fighter... not bad, but I did have to sacrifice quite a bit of Ranger skills. But it's worth it for Ranger's permanent concentration ability + berserk every round. She's already my damage powerhouse, and now she can single-handedly end most lineage bosses on her own assuming others guard her from attacks.

Having these three in action, when the Death Dragon came back to block the magic stone in Undead Town, I killed it in TWO ROUNDS, lol.

Anyway, guess I'm ready to finish the game, play a bit of the bonus dungeon before putting this title down. No regrets, it's a great game :)

Generally there are 2 ways to go about it, 1 is not start your character with the class you want to end up with, but that means playing with a character with the wrong stats vs. starting class.

Other way is to just change back to your original class at the end or whatever class you want the most skills to be active with, so you have extra spaces to include anything else that you need.

Since yeah if you change classes and stop on a different class from your base one as you mentioned skill slots will be wasted re-equipping things rather than putting on the supplemental skills that you want.

It is great once you see how the efforts pay off though with the class changed characters lol

redcrayon

Hmm. Abandoned area 1 in the Shadow Palace, on the way to the Mausoleum of the Sea: I've reached the stone, and have four teleporter tiles that lead back to each other, plus a locked door. I've checked for secret passages, What am I missing here?

Saphirax

Got the trophy and killed the ice dungeon boss. With some luck (as in not getting one shot) it wasn't overly difficult - just annoying. Still have two lineages there, but they can wait.

Just out of curiosity; I'm not the only one who cheesed the
Kyo
boss fight, right? :p

Hmm. Abandoned area 1 in the Shadow Palace, on the way to the Mausoleum of the Sea: I've reached the stone, and have four teleporter tiles that lead back to each other, plus a locked door. I've checked for secret passages, What am I missing here?

You need to advance the story a little more to get the key to the sea area. Try the other dungeons, kill lineages, give your blood gems to one of the three vessels. That typically advances the story.

Got the trophy and killed the ice dungeon boss. With some luck (as in not getting one shot) it wasn't overly difficult - just annoying. Still have two lineages there, but they can wait.

Just out of curiosity; I'm not the only one who cheesed the
Kyo
boss fight, right? :p

Nope, I did it too :p

Seems like you're meant to do it like that? If I go toe-to-toe with him, he kills three of my front guys, including my KNIGHT, in one move. That's after I cleared Undead Town without any difficulty. So the only option is to out-level him like crazy (then make the rest of the game too easy) or cheese to win. So, cheese it is :p

Well. Just beat up the "black leader" (Samurai boss) no sweat. Then I end up fighting a Mimic and get my first taste of Requiem. Only one person died despite two castings though, so I lucked out there. The mimic also did the formation ruining move. I had some bells to fix it, but he'd just screw it up on the very next turn. Seems like it's just better to have multiple party-members capable of attacking from the back row. The party was two fighters (one of whom had a spear...the same one that got peaced out by Requiem), a Samurai, Dancer, Cleric, and Ranger.

The difficulty is throwing me off. I'll stumble into a random encounter with level 20+ enemies and it's a hassle, but I've coasted through every boss. It's still early so that'll probably change but eh.

By the way, what's the level-cap?

Oh and one more thing: Since chests can be trapped with teleport spells, is it possible for them to teleport the party into a wall, thus wiping them out instantly?

Saphirax

You need to advance the story a little more to get the key to the sea area. Try the other dungeons, kill lineages, give your blood gems to one of the three vessels. That typically advances the story.

Nope, I did it too :p

Seems like you're meant to do it like that? If I go toe-to-toe with him, he kills three of my front guys, including my KNIGHT, in one move. That's after I cleared Undead Town without any difficulty. So the only option is to out-level him like crazy (then make the rest of the game too easy) or cheese to win. So, cheese it is :p

He's rather easy until he goes Berserk. Then he wipes the floor with you. Goes from barely doing any damage to oneshotting everyone.

So, yeah - I'd say it's quite likely intentional to be able to cheese the fight.

Well. Just beat up the "black leader" (Samurai boss) no sweat. Then I end up fighting a Mimic and get my first taste of Requiem. Only one person died despite two castings though, so I lucked out there. The mimic also did the formation ruining move. I had some bells to fix it, but he'd just screw it up on the very next turn. Seems like it's just better to have multiple party-members capable of attacking from the back row. The party was two fighters (one of whom had a spear...the same one that got peaced out by Requiem), a Samurai, Dancer, Cleric, and Ranger.

The difficulty is throwing me off. I'll stumble into a random encounter with level 20+ enemies and it's a hassle, but I've coasted through every boss. It's still early so that'll probably change but eh.

By the way, what's the level-cap?

Oh and one more thing: Since chests can be trapped with teleport spells, is it possible for them to teleport the party into a wall, thus wiping them out instantly?

You're going to have a lot of difficulty without a knight and a wizard - especially later on. If you're playing on normal, you could always lower the difficulty to beginner. It also lowers enemy levels.
You can't get teleported into a wall.
Level cap is 30.

The Death Dragon/ Pink Bunny combo was easily the hardest encounter yet. I still don't have any way to counter Requim and lost 3 party members in the first few turns. Knight Priest and Mage were able to take them out with group attack spells but the fight felt kind of ridiculous given the circumstances.

YSeems like you're meant to do it like that? If I go toe-to-toe with him, he kills three of my front guys, including my KNIGHT, in one move. That's after I cleared Undead Town without any difficulty. So the only option is to out-level him like crazy (then make the rest of the game too easy) or cheese to win. So, cheese it is :p

He would end up doing about 400 - 500 damage to my knight per turn with all of his attacks together, but never managed to kill him. I do a lot of equipment farming though and have mostly +10-15 gear on my knight.

The most annoying thing was him using magic break. My mage went from around 500 damage per turn to 137. Any way to reverse that just for future reference?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Just started this, and the one-shotting at the beginning is pretty rough. Do they expect grinding, or for me to create lots of spare characters?

Saphirax

Just started this, and the one-shotting at the beginning is pretty rough. Do they expect grinding, or for me to create lots of spare characters?

You can do both, but neither is necessary. You're not really supposed to get oneshot at the beginning. Unless you're referring to the skeletons with axes in their heads - run away from them.

What difficulty are you playing on? Are your ranged characters in the back row?
What's your party composition like?

Also make sure you're not getting into fights with enemies much higher level than you are.

Parakeetman

The intro you pretty much will die often, till you can get properly leveled up and equipped from ambush points then things will get a bit better. Dont rush trying to take on the boss either. As they can kill new folks unfamilair to the game if you are not leveled up / equipped properly.

Having spare characters will be a huge help when you have others recovering at the base.

He's rather easy until he goes Berserk. Then he wipes the floor with you. Goes from barely doing any damage to oneshotting everyone.

So, yeah - I'd say it's quite likely intentional to be able to cheese the fight.
The fact that he NEVER EVER moves to the front until you wipe out his flunkies seem to hint at this, yeah.
The Death Dragon/ Pink Bunny combo was easily the hardest encounter yet. I still don't have any way to counter Requim and lost 3 party members in the first few turns. Knight Priest and Mage were able to take them out with group attack spells but the fight felt kind of ridiculous given the circumstances.

He would end up doing about 400 - 500 damage to my knight per turn with all of his attacks together, but never managed to kill him. I do a lot of equipment farming though and have mostly +10-15 gear on my knight.

The most annoying thing was him using magic break. My mage went from around 500 damage per turn to 137. Any way to reverse that just for future reference?

Ironically, I cleared out the death dragon/bunny without really any problems. It was a LONG fight though, since the dragon had absurd amounts of HP. And the fight before was also pretty stressful, due to the random position swaps (bloody hell that's an annoying mechanic). That's why I was particularly stoked to
wipe the floor with him in two rounds when he showed up again as a magic stone guardian.

For
Kyo
my knight was similarly well armored... my dude tanked the death dragon like a boss. I knew something was wrong when he just died in two hits and then
Kyo
moved on and ended up killing my whole front row in one move. Guess it's just RNG luck? It's a rather random spike in difficulty, considering the next few dungeons were just slightly harder than Undead Town, as they should.

Parakeetman

The fact that he NEVER EVER moves to the front until you wipe out his flunkies seem to hint at this, yeah.

Ironically, I cleared out the death dragon/bunny without really any problems. It was a LONG fight though, since the dragon had absurd amounts of HP. And the fight before was also pretty stressful, due to the random position swaps (bloody hell that's an annoying mechanic). That's why I was particularly stoked to
wipe the floor with him in two rounds when he showed up again as a magic stone guardian.

For
Kyo
my knight was similarly well armored... my dude tanked the death dragon like a boss. I knew something was wrong when he just died in two hits and then
Kyo
moved on and ended up killing my whole front row in one move. Guess it's just RNG luck? It's a rather random spike in difficulty, considering the next few dungeons were just slightly harder than Undead Town, as they should.

Yeah in general these types of games can be a bit random at times when there are things which include 1HKs tossed into the mix. Its why like in older Wizardry games whenever the obvious samurai / ninjas showed up on the enemy side it was a good time to freak the fuck out and kill them first due to that very ability. As playing the re-rez random game at the church was never fun due to the resurrection failing and your character getting turned to dust. Good times lol.

Its funny how Crovax and I never though about using the whistle ball ahead of time as a proactive counter to the party shuffle problem. As for whatever reason always thought it was just for after the fact, but apparently using it ahead of time will help prevent that.

Yeah in general these types of games can be a bit random at times when there are things which include 1HKs tossed into the mix. Its why like in older Wizardry games whenever the obvious samurai / ninjas showed up on the enemy side it was a good time to freak the fuck out and kill them first due to that very ability. As playing the re-rez random game at the church was never fun due to the resurrection failing and your character getting turned to dust. Good times lol.

Its funny how Crovax and I never though about using the whistle ball ahead of time as a proactive counter to the party shuffle problem. As for whatever reason always thought it was just for after the fact, but apparently using it ahead of time will help prevent that.

Tell me about it. I played the old Japanese Wizardry games, I'm not sure which was it, Tales of the Forsaken Land or Busin 0... they had a floor that ONLY had ninjas and samurais. To this day nothing fills me with fear than that floor, lol.

Actually, that does remind me... the art style of those games and this one is really similar. Same artist? Must be why like this game, since I loved those games back then.

Lol, I had no idea you could use whistle ball ahead of time :p

Parakeetman

Tell me about it. I played the old Japanese Wizardry games, I'm not sure which was it, Tales of the Forsaken Land or Busin 0... they had a floor that ONLY had ninjas and samurais. To this day nothing fills me with fear than that floor, lol.

Actually, that does remind me... the art style of those games and this one is really similar. Same artist? Must be why like this game, since I loved those games back then.

Lol, no idea you could use whistle ball ahead of time :p

Good times that game. Need to replay both of them as still to this day the formation system that game used was the far most unique thing Ive seen which made party setup / formation a lot more important than any other title out there.

Yeah same the description never made it sound like you could use it ahead of time. D:

Actually different artist. Forgot the name will look it up.

Katsuya Terada
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katsuya_Terada
http://katsuyaterada.tumblr.com/

You're going to have a lot of difficulty without a knight and a wizard - especially later on. If you're playing on normal, you could always lower the difficulty to beginner. It also lowers enemy levels.

Well...I'll bring the Knight/Wizard back into my party when I think I'll need them.

I rotate characters in/out when they get killed.

Level cap is 30 eh? That explains a lot.

Well...I'll bring the Knight/Wizard back into my party when I think I'll need them.

I rotate characters in/out when they get killed.

Level cap is 30 eh? That explains a lot.

Lvl 30 is only when you stop gaining new abilities, the cap is much higher than that. It's just there's not much reason to go beyond the cap unless you're doing the postgame dungeon.

Parakeetman

Lvl 30 is only when you stop gaining new abilities, the cap is much higher than that. It's just there's not much reason to go beyond the cap unless you're doing the postgame dungeon.

Yeah all skills cap out 30 or before that.

zU0smw5.jpg

*not my pic

Ive seen others where folks have maxed out characters. Am guessing those are from the multiple playthroughs though otherwise you wont be getting enough exp on a first one to get higher at a reasonable rate.

My vita data for example am using the JP only enemy level increase item and am lv 27-30ish around the mines / undead town / water dungeon. Thats due to enemies giving more exp plus making some bosses stupid hard like the floating heads for whatever reason so did some crazy grinding to stop that.

Apparently the JP wiki says the enemy max lv is 255. But that remains the same through all the playthroughs. Wonder how the hell did they figure that out. As cant imagine the levels going that high by the final 5th playthrough? Since am pretty sure the games max lv for player characters is 99, as had seen some pics in the past JP users posted. More like the hardcore exp inc fans in Japan that always seem to max out their characters. Had a bunch of those for Op Abyss / Babel / Crossblood also lol.

Tohsaka

Finished the game finally. I don't think I'm gonna bother doing the post-game dungeon for now, since I want to play through Ray Gigant.

Good times that game. Need to replay both of them as still to this day the formation system that game used was the far most unique thing Ive seen which made party setup / formation a lot more important than any other title out there.

Yeah same the description never made it sound like you could use it ahead of time. D:

Actually different artist. Forgot the name will look it up.

Katsuya Terada
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katsuya_Terada
http://katsuyaterada.tumblr.com/

Nice to know, thanks. Yeah, those games were amazing for their time. I mean, they're like 15 years old now (crap, I'm showing my age), but they've got stuff that's innovative till today. Like their dungeon floor having multiple heights allowing you visually look up and down. And allied actions, which even this game directly rips off (e.g. X-Charge and Charge, for example.)

Does "Confine" stack?

Yeah it does. Took me a minimum of one Dragon Fist and three rounds of Confine to actually hit some of the later high speed monsters.
Fuck you, Harpy King :p

Incidentally, Hit and Avoid spells and items, Slow etc. all stack.

Parakeetman

Nice to know, thanks. Yeah, those games were amazing for their time. I mean, they're like 15 years old now (crap, I'm showing my age), but they've got stuff that's innovative till today. Like their dungeon floor having multiple heights allowing you visually look up and down. And allied actions, which even this game directly rips off (e.g. X-Charge and Charge, for example.)

It was unique thats for sure. Though how it worked from placement of characters and such in the formations really made it special. Great effects too in that game.

Some good stuff on still existing JP wikis showing all the different arrayed actions. Gives good examples of just how complex the system was.
http://www.st-page.com/BUSIN/AA/kou.htm

Yeah even this game and other related titles by the devs have over simplified things. Though still is a main part of the combat itself with how you do need to make good use of the various divinities to be efficient in combat. Or other games like the GX series where it becomes a huge force multiplier and you can abuse it making the game a hell of a lot easier lol.

Shizuka

I guess I'm stuck at that part where I have to grind for Blood Crystals for the story to advance. I don't remember what I should do to trigger the "kill its species" lineages in the Sea dungeon and I can't unlock the Ice dungeon for the life of me.

Saphirax

The last dungeon was easy, although the bell gimmick was annoying.

Thought I'd have a lot more issues with the last two bosses, but as long as I had enough of the resurrection dolls and the ones that prevent kidnapping, the only annoyance was having to use whistle from time to time and my knight getting incapacitated for a turn.

Onto the post game! And the grindy trophies.

Saphirax

I guess I'm stuck at that part where I have to grind for Blood Crystals for the story to advance. I don't remember what I should do to trigger the "kill its species" lineages in the Sea dungeon and I can't unlock the Ice dungeon for the life of me.

They're both from ambush points. The kraken appears at the 100-500 depths, I think?

And the other one at 1000.

If you're stuck on the first sea level, try doing other dungeons first. You can't reach the next few sea levels until the plot progresses. The other lineages are all one or two floors down. The kraken shows up when you bump into a normal octopus during an ambush, just wait a round or two and he'll appear behind the octopus. The merman king I met at the ambush point at the lowest floor on his own (I believe you have to kill some mermen in normal encounters first). The sea serpent also appears at the lowest floor floor after tarrying a few rounds in normal battles (note: he's 5*, he will probably kick your ass the first time you meet him). The mermaid is
the dungeon boss, can't miss it.

The last dungeon was easy, although the bell gimmick was annoying.

Thought I'd have a lot more issues with the last two bosses, but as long as I had enough of the resurrection dolls and the ones that prevent kidnapping, the only annoyance was having to use whistle from time to time and my knight getting incapacitated for a turn.

Onto the post game! And the grindy trophies.

Yeah, last dungeon wasn't bad, despite the need to
kill 'em all in one go
. I guess I over-leveled too much though, I spent some time grinding three of my characters after switching their classes, and my other three members on the bench went over level 30. Whoops. I think level 25-27 is really all you need to finish the game (in normal at least).

Shizuka

Oh, thanks for the help with the Sea lineages. Now I just need to unlock the Ice dungeon somehow, since going to the mirror at the bottom of the Pirate/Undead dungeon doesn't teleport me there.

Saphirax

I feel kind of dumb for asking, but I have to be doing something wrong;

How do I beat Tri Color? Doing 2-8 damage which it easily outheals.

Not to mention it has a habit of cancelling my buffs.

Shizuka

I had a divinity skill that ignores defense. I'd spend all turns stacking Hit/Avoid spells and after a few turns, I'd activate that skill and it'd be OHKO.

Saphirax

I had a divinity skill that ignores defense. I'd spend all turns stacking Hit/Avoid spells and after a few turns, I'd activate that skill and it'd be OHKO.

Don't have that divinity :/.

I assume I have to kill all lineages to be able to access the post game dungeon? Only have 3 left. I'm at a loss what to do about Tri Color though.

Edit: Figured out how to get to the Black Palace.

hawk2025

Uuughhhh.

The poison dungeon has the annoying overleveled lineage type that I have no hope of defeating yet, AND obviously the poison, which is basically locking my progress and leveling at the same time.

I guess I'll try the water dungeon instead for now.

My characters are around level 15 at this point. Is that about right, or should I grind?

Weirdly enough, I still haven't found the Rat lineage type in MoM. Weird? Does that happen later?

Saphirax

Uuughhhh.

The poison dungeon has the annoying overleveled lineage type that I have no hope of defeating yet, AND obviously the poison, which is basically locking my progress and leveling at the same time.

My characters are around level 15 at this point. Is that about right, or should I grind?

Weirdly enough, I still haven't found the Rat lineage type in MoM. Weird? Does that happen later?

Make sure you have some Black Candy for the rat to appear.

redcrayon

Uuughhhh.

What you can do is equip everyone with items that give a total of at least +1hp regen (anything that says 'healing', be it undies, shield, hat etc will do it, but loads of other kit does too). That will compensate for the damage while walking. When in combat always use 5 morale at the start to put up the 10% healing divinity to counter the poison damage and restore any hp lost without using spells. You'll be out of the poison zone and directed to a teleport stone before fighting a boss.

redcrayon

I'm just about to fight the boss of the Mausoleum of Storms, the only lineage creatures I haven't killed yet are 4-5 of the 5* ones. Looking at the blood crystal chart I need another 25-odd shards to reach the end, but there surely can't be that many more to fight?

Are there loads in the post game, do you not reach the end of the chart on a standard playthrough or something?

Parakeetman

If you do not have the divinity that ignores defense your other option is to equip weapons that can KO it. (hammers basically) Then from there just keep attempting to damage it.

Top Bottom