• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranger Things 2 - Final Trailer - airs on Netflix Oct. 27

HeySeuss

giphy.gif

Did we ever get an explanation of her bizarre behavior from this night? Does she have substance abuse issues or mental health issues? Seeing some of those images when they first started coming out made me really concerned for her.

Rosur2a

Watching Season 1 again throughout this week to refresh myself. It's actually a lot fucking cooler than I remembered - I mean, I really liked it the first time around, there's just a lot that I forgot about and I'm enjoying going through again.

I'm going to be doing this as well starting this weekend.

phanphare

Banned
She didn't even seem like she knew where she was. Maybe it was just a bad trip like the other guy said. I've just never seen it discussed just used as reactionary posts.

I don't know, I just watched it twice and she seems fine. seems like the people reacting to her and making claims about her mental health or drug use are total overreactions. like, I feel weird doing a play by play but at first she seems like she's sharing in the joy and surprise of them winning with everyone on stage, then hop starts giving his speech and she seems caught off guard by it and the content of what he's saying, outwardly reacts to that, then you can see her peek at the paper in his hand as if to say "damn is this really his speech?", she continues to react to what he's saying because it's a great speech, she puts a fist in the air in support of what he's saying, nods in agreement, puts her fist in the air again in approval this time with the audience and people on stage also in outward approval, then she claps in approval, she then mouths "fuck yeah" because hop is steady spitting that fire, raises both fists and screams "yeah!" when he gets to the punch people in the face bit, and then claps as the speech closes and says "thank you" to the audience as the speech ends.

so she clearly knew where she was, what had just happened, what was going on, what was being said, and was reacting accordingly

I just think the "lol, she was on some hard drugs" line of thought is pretty bullshit and honestly seems like a response to the gifs that were made as opposed to reality and I think it's kind of fucked up. people in here are legitimately questioning her mental health and whether or not she is on drugs or maybe even dealing with drug issues because of some stupid gif bait.

so yeah this post feels like a silly one to make but I just don't agree with the piling on of winona and the claims people are making about her because "lul she made a face"

erawsd

I don't know, I just watched it twice and she seems fine. seems like the people reacting to her and making claims about her mental health or drug use are total overreactions. like, I feel weird doing a play by play but at first she seems like she's sharing in the joy and surprise of them winning with everyone on stage, then hop starts giving his speech and she seems caught off guard by it and the content of what he's saying, outwardly reacts to that, then you can see her peek at the paper in his hand as if to say "damn is this really his speech?", she continues to react to what he's saying because it's a great speech, she puts a fist in the air in support of what he's saying, nods in agreement, puts her fist in the air again in approval this time with the audience and people on stage also in outward approval, then she claps in approval, she then mouths "fuck yeah" because hop is steady spitting that fire, raises both fists and screams "yeah!" when he gets to the punch people in the face bit, and then claps as the speech closes and says "thank you" to the audience as the speech ends.

so she clearly knew where she was, what had just happened, what was going on, what was being said, and was reacting accordingly

I just think the "lol, she was on some hard drugs" line of thought is pretty bullshit and honestly seems like a response to the gifs that were made as opposed to reality and I think it's kind of fucked up. people in here are legitimately questioning her mental health and whether or not she is on drugs or maybe even dealing with drug issues because of some stupid gif bait.

so yeah this post feels like a silly one to make but I just don't agree with the piling on of winona and the claims people are making about her because "lul she made a face"

I completely agree. Its pretty obvious that shes reacting to the speech.

Wow that’s a good trailer. Somehow they have managed to make something so familiar to my childhood while being new at the same time. Really hyped to marathon this with the wife.

linkboy

Can't freaking wait for this.

The first season is one of my all time favorite TV shows and this looks to be just as good.

Holy shit at that trailer. I thought it was even more impressive than the last one. This looks absolutely phenomenal.

Here's hoping they didn't spoil too much with this one as they a show a LOT here but it all looks so freaking good

Holy shit at that trailer. I thought it was even more impressive than the last one. This looks absolutely phenomenal.

Here's hoping they didn't spoil too much with this one as they a show a LOT here but it all looks so freaking good

They're showing things but not explaining why it's happening...which is perfect for me.

We have no idea why Will is bouncing in and out of the upside down, why it's spreading beyond Hawkins, or why the thessalhydra is the size of the damn sky.

GAAAAAAAAAAAH I'M GOING CRAZY WITH HYPE WMFOKFPO4FP4FPOJ3PJF!!!!

Totally agree. She was just blind-sided by it as it was unexpected and then once she realized where he was going she got into it, just the same as everyone else.

(Note: I fucking LOVE Winona Rider, son)

Tovarisc

No Nancy, it isn't weird that you hang out with love interest who isn't really love interest when world is ending. It's done so even this show can have some weird love triangle type drama thing. It's between you, Jonathan and Steve.

Yeah, I really wasn't fan of that aspect of 1st season. Hopefully they don't repeat it here just because.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
No Nancy, it isn't weird that hang out with love interest who isn't really love interest when world is ending. It's done so even this show can have some weird love triangle type drama thing between you, Jonathan and Steve.

Yeah, I really wasn't fan of that aspect of 1st season. Hopefully they don't repeat it here just because.

Seeing how cool Steve turned out in the end I don't think it's a bad thing at all. He was one of the more surprising parts of the show.

Seeing how cool Steve turned out in the end I don't think it's a bad thing at all. He was one of the more surprising parts of the show.

Steve is the stealth best surprise character on the show. I expected to hate him in the early episodes but he ended up badass and awesome. Love they are bringing the nail bat back with him in Season 2

bionic77

Mario and Stranger Things dropping on the same day.

I wonder if media and entertainment gets better the worse reality gets?

If that is true I guess there is one positive we can take away from the Trump presidency!

Solo

No Nancy, it isn't weird that you hang out with love interest who isn't really love interest when world is ending. It's done so even this show can have some weird love triangle type drama thing. It's between you, Jonathan and Steve.

It wasn't a love triangle. It was Steve and Nancy loving eachother, and Jonathan maybe kinda sorta harbouring a crush on Nancy.

Not a triangle.

Wasn't the plan originally to have Steve just be a total douchebag through the first season but the Duffer Brothers liked the actor so much they decided to keep him a bigger and better part of the show? I could have sword I read that somewhere

Dalek

Wasn't the plan originally to have Steve just be a total douchebag through the first season but the Duffer Brothers liked the actor so much they decided to keep him a bigger and better part of the show? I could have sword I read that somewhere

I believe that’s true. It’s crazy how much I came around on Steve. He’s such a douchebag but by the end I like the guy.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Not quite as good as the Thriller trailer but still awesome. I actually have the 27th off so I can binge most of the day.

Yep, that's correct. It could have been MUCH different.

Stranger Things Wiki said:
Initially, the character of Steve was more of a stereotypical douchebag, which actor Joe Keery described as "more forceful and pushy, and kind of the '80s stereotypical jock you'd see in a John Hughes movie." In the pilot script for Montauk (original name for Stranger Things), Steve actually went so far as raping Nancy.

The character was reworked because the Duffer Brothers thought Keery had a different look and energy from how they imagined Steve, saying Keery was "incredibly likable and had this charisma about him." In the original plan, Nancy and Steve would not reconcile at the end of the show, but the Duffers decided to give Steve his own arc where he's in with the wrong crowd and Nancy turns him to her side.

During development, Keery and the Duffers spoke about ”what kind of family life [Steve] comes from and maybe this girl Nancy is quiet and listens in a way that other people haven't listened to him at this point."

Dalek

Just imagine. We’re going to watch this all in one weekend and then have to wait a year and a half for the next season.

Tovarisc

It wasn't a love triangle. It was Steve and Nancy loving eachother, and Jonathan maybe kinda sorta harbouring a crush on Nancy.

Not a triangle.

I would need to rewatch 1st season to refresh memory, but I could swear it was more triangle than line with dot on the side.

We have Nancy who arguably is inexperienced and blue eyed when it comes to relationships and has major crush on Steve the Tool. Steve arguably took advantage of her feelings and naivety then proceeded to be dick about it afterwards. Meanwhile we have Jonathan the Creeper with serious social issues making him creepy and awkward, he has crush on Nancy.

Nancy ends up being pissed off about Steve because is being dick towards her and teams up with Jonathan because he is only one who believes her about that beast. During their adventures together there are things that could be taken as her starting to have some feeling towards Jonathan.

At the end of season Nancy forgives Steve as he gets his redemption story arc and they get together, meanwhile Jonathan stays as this socially awkward guy with his crush on Nancy.

Hence in my eyes it was more triangle than line with dot on the side.

P.S. Tone of post is intentional. Like I said originally, I'm not big fan of how relationships between these three characters were done

Solo

Just imagine. We're going to watch this all in one weekend and then have to wait a year and a half for the next season.

Based upon the production schedule of S1 and S2, yeah.....not looking good for S3 in 2018. If it does make 2018, it'll be like in December. Better bet would be March or so of 2019.

Curious to see if it's going to be 3 or 4 seasons (as they've said 4 tops). My bet is 4 seasons, with S3 in 2019 and S4 in 2020.

Top Bottom