• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Streamer feigns disability for donations, owns himself

cicero

My list is so far is. . .

1.Tyranitar
2.?????
3.?????
4.?????
5.?????
6.?????
7.?????
8.?????
9.?????
10.????

This is far more difficult than I anticipated. . .

No one cares. Your attempts at sidestepping the entirely legitimate reactions to your pathetic depraved sentiments is fooling no one.

Daingurse

No one cares. Your attempts at sidestepping the entirely legitimate reactions to your pathetic depraved sentiments is fooling no one.

You're really digging far too deep. I stand by every word I say, and at the end of the day care very little about other people's opinions on the matter, including your own.

I will simply respond if people insist on talking to me.

Darryl

Banned
what an asshole, but you can totally call this stuff. i bet none of those female streamers actually need "pet medicines for their sick puppies" either. if it's not a charity stream than don't donate out of charity.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
He and his girlfriend are both lowlife pieces of shit. Glad they got caught. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if this is how I made money.

cicero

You're really digging far too deep. I stand by every word I say, and at the end of the day care very little about other people's opinions on the matter, including your's.

I will simply respond when questioned.
You care so little you simply must respond to all clear declarations, despite their not involving any questions for you? Again, your little Pokemon list is clearly intended to change the subject for a thread you were supposedly leaving. You DO care about other people's opinions, even if you probably don't like to think that you do.

Your outlook on life and support for the alleged actions of this scammer are depraved. I mean, really, you can't even praise a scammer right for the success of his "hustle", seeing as how he has been CAUGHT for doing something incredibly stupid. Meaning he was unsuccessful.

Hopefully there is a record of some kind so that people can contact the appropriate authorities, including the IRS.

Daingurse

You care so little you simply must respond to all clear declarations, despite their not involving any questions for you? Again, your little Pokemon list is clearly intended to change the subject for a thread you were supposedly leaving. You DO care about other people's opinions, even if you probably don't like to think that you do.

Your outlook on life and support for the alleged actions of this scammer are depraved. I mean, really, you can't even praise a scammer right for the success of his "hustle", seeing as how he has been CAUGHT for doing something incredibly stupid. Meaning he was unsuccessful.

Hopefully there is a record of some kind so that people can contact the appropriate authorities, including the IRS.

Look dude you can analyze my posts all you want. Your assuming a lot, and at the end of the day wasting your time. I don't give a damn if you think my outlook on life is depraved. Who exactly are you? Why SHOULD I care about anything you have to say? I sure as hell have no obligation to.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Shitty move but why people pay to watch people play videogames is beyond me.

Same reason you watch any other TV. It's just entertainment.

Swifty is funny as hell sometimes and he's such a happy-go-lucky goob that it's just fun to watch. It's why he's so popular, it's not like he's the best by any means, he just does silly shit all the time.

Reckful is a good player, but boring to watch. I'll watch him play on mute because I can't stand him trying to be "funny".

I don't condone donating to anyone that's ever on the top line of streamers for any given game on twitch though, those guys are usually well off by now and you're better off donating money to people lower down in the list you want to see higher up, so they can get better equipment and more people watching. Swifty is sponsored by Razer and I wouldn't be surprised if they paid for his house, he doesn't need donations at this point.

dezzy8

What a scumbag. That's why I'll only ever donate to TeamSpooky. I wish I did see that stream where the guy had sex with his girlfriend though...

cicero

Look dude you can analyze my posts all you want. Your assuming a lot, and at the end of the day wasting your time. I don't give a damn if you think my outlook on life is depraved. Who exactly are you? Why SHOULD I care about anything you have to say? I sure as hell have no obligation to.

Any assumptions I have made have been based entirely on your readily apparent behavior here and your repeated comments about leaving, and your failure to do so while trying to switch the topic to your musings on Pokemon. Why are you not gone yet? Because people keep commenting on your moral sentiments. Despite your supposedly not caring about what people think, you stay here and keep responding to them as if you do care.

How about getting a clue, and actually doing what you say you are doing and not caring, for once? Your repeated loud pretense at not caring and leaving is inane and tedious when you don't actually come through on those things. Do the rest of us a favor and do them.

Daingurse

Any assumptions I have made have been based entirely on your readily apparent behavior here and your repeated comments about leaving, and your failure to do so while trying to switch the topic to your musings on Pokemon. Why are you not gone yet? Because people keep commenting on your moral sentiments. Despite your supposedly not caring about what people think, you stay here and keep responding to them as if you do care.

How about getting a clue, and actually doing what you say you are doing and not caring, for once? Your repeated loud pretense at not caring and leaving is inane and tedious when you don't actually come through on those things. Do the rest of us a favor and do them.

I'm not gone because you keep talking to me? It's as simple as it gets. Can you not control yourself, do I offend you so greatly? Well that's too damn bad. If your sick of me coming back then stop responding to me.

You only have yourself to blame at this point, I derive great entertainment from your attempts at behavioral analysis based off a couple lines of text.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
^ That guy takes threadshitting to a whole new level.

"Dude feigns not caring for GAFcred, owns himself by coming back"

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
I'm not gone because you keep talking to me? It's as simple as it gets. Can you not control yourself, do I offend you so greatly? Well that's too damn bad. If your sick of me coming back then stop responding to me.

You only have yourself to blame at this point, I derive great entertainment from your attempts at behavioral analysis based off a couple lines of text.

In other words you're nothing but a trolling sociopath, good to know.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
That is some Downton Abbey shit going on.

KuGsj.gif

LowParry

That's good to hear those who donated will get their money back. That's just flat out scum of a tactic of taking advantage of others.

Sidenote: The ignore feature is awesome!

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
That's good to hear those who donated will get their money back. That's just flat out scum of a tactic of taking advantage of others.
Did I miss anything? All that can be refunded are the Twitch subscriber costs. The actual donations were already used by the streamer.

Or did he come out and say he will pay all that stuff back?

Valnen

Should have just pretended to have limited mobility rather than being immobile, then getting up wouldn't have outed him.

Gaf I have Cerebral Palsy, can you throw cash for b̶l̶o̶w̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶r̶e̶s̶ a miracle operation?

cicero

Should have just pretended to have limited mobility rather than being immobile, then getting up wouldn't have outed him.

Being totally immobile played more on the emotions of his intended victims though. I'm sure he was thinking that he could get more out of bigger physical problems.

jaypah

him and his girl would have still been telling a.............pair 'a lies. you know? like paral---i'll see myself out.

This is why every streamer should abide by The Cool Convention of 2007.

panel-14203937-image-5962bdf3d059e15a-320.jpeg

• I'm NEVER going to ask you to subscribe to me for $4.99 a month, just so you can get a naff user icon. Or, for that matter "donate to improve my stream setup/feed my cat/pay for my ticket to fly somewhere stupid".
  • I'm NEVER going to ask you to comment, rate or subscribe to me on YouTube, or like me on Facebook. If any channel asks you to do that, just go ahead and throw your computer out the window.
  • I'm NEVER going to put up a stream/post a tweet/do a Facebook about how I need just 12,000 more followers to reach an arbitrary goal that I've set myself. A goal which can only be accomplished by potential followers doing all the hard work of clicking the follow button, only for me to be the one who'll pile up those fat stacks of digital cash. Such cynical attempts at manufacturing hype over something as stupid as that makes me cringe my (not inconsiderable) eyebrows right off my face. If you do see that sort of behaviour you should log off, call RoboCop and then go get some delicious pulled pork soup instead.
  • You're in control of your own life and can make your own decisions as a strong, independent, black woman.
  • 100% of my livestreams are free (as well as about 94.56066945606695% of my videos on YouTube), because I care so much about each and every one of you guys and gals that I'd never even think about trying to rip you off like that. We tight, yo.
  • Watching video games live on the Internet should be free at the point of use for the general public. Like the NHS.
  • I am the NHS of video games.

LowParry

Did I miss anything? All that can be refunded are the Twitch subscriber costs. The actual donations were already used by the streamer.

Or did he come out and say he will pay all that stuff back?

My bad. I misread Mr Jared's statement about the subscriber costs.

Bedlam

I respect he managed to keep this up for two years. Props bro.

But no props for scamming.

I'm conflicted.

I'm not.

He's an ass. Period. Same goes for the idiot girl with the hilarious fishshop story ("like... like, like, dog... like...")

antitrop

To me it's fairly clear she says "pet shop".
Why is everyone thinking fish shop, just because it's funnier that way?

Also fuck both of these assholes and everything miserable that happens for the rest of their lives is completely deserved.

Zemm

To me it's fairly clear she says "pet shop".
Why is everyone thinking fish shop, just because it's funnier that way?

Also fuck both of these assholes and everything miserable that happens for the rest of their lives is completely deserved.

It's definitely fish shop, she says it twice.

The chat log is incredible, some people on the stream actually believed he fell :D

The Light

This is messed up, but not surprising since people do things like this all the time. Idk how he forgot that he's "disabled" when on stream especially if he's been doing it for 2 years, but glad that he did forget. Hope gamers are a little more wise when giving their money away. As for this guy he deserves the bad karma he has coming.

I have to say this though: If you're going to con people then you gotta know when to get out. We are lucky this dude was greedy since he could have gotten away with it.

~Kinggi~

Banned
You guys want to see Twitch donations in full effect? Go to Siglemic's channel right now.

http://twitch.tv/siglemic

He's already gotten almost about $1,000 in donations today alone.

Lol, there's not even a cause, its just, 'hey guys if you like me give me money! Thanks so much!'

I mean, am certainly more down with that than a scammer faking a disability, but its still silly to me.

antitrop

Lol, there's not even a cause, its just, 'hey guys if you like me give me money! Thanks so much!'

I mean, am certainly more down with that than a scammer faking a disability, but its still silly to me.
Popular StarCraft II streamer Maximus Black runs his stream as a jukebox.

Donations are allowed to include a YouTube link for music. Whatever it takes to make a living off streaming, I guess, because ad revenue sure doesn't cut it for 99.9%.

It's definitely fish shop, she says it twice.

The chat log is incredible, some people on the stream actually believed he fell :D

Ya, you're right. It's more obviously fish shop the second time she says it.

Holden

Popular StarCraft II streamer Maximus Black runs his stream as a jukebox.

Donations are allowed to include a YouTube link for music. Whatever it takes to make a living off streaming, I guess, because ad revenue sure doesn't cut it for 99.9%.

the ad CPM on twitch is terrible atm

mostly why most korean starcraft players aren't streaming;

Bleeether

I want to see a gif of this. Him rolling around his wheel chair, then cut to when he gets up and walks. The caption will be "They see me rollin' Walkin', they hatin'"

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
So glorious to see someone's charade crumble like this in a matter of seconds, banned channel and all. Too bad no one recorded the chat.

Never heard of the guy before, and now he practically doesn't even exist anymore.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Oh man, this is amazing. The video and some of the chat reactions are hilarious.

Buft

Neo Member
Thats th worst, we had something similar happen a few years ago here, some ass collected a bunch of money for his sick kid over 2-3 years and then turned out kid was fine the whole time.

I for one never give any money to watch people play games or too help them play them professionally, I don't see the point.

Top Bottom