• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 3 Third Strike Xbox Live

Nikashi

Banned
Okay, first of all, I know there's a lot of HSF2 players here, but I am sick of waiting for another tournament to get organized, and I only like SF3 so I'm doing this one :)

ONE rule though. Don't post if you're too busy to play your games, or if you're going to forget about the tourney. More than 2/3s of the bracket did that last time before the first ROUND, and that was total bullshit. If you can't get together ONCE with your opponent in a week, then you're too busy.

I'll decide the rules once I know how many players we got. You can pick any characters you want besides Gill, natch. Gonna mix it up a little though. Winner will be best 3 of 5, rather than 2 of 3.

Just start replying to get added to the bracket.

As for lag, if you find you and your opponent are unplayably laggy between each other, I may try to mix up the brackets a little. Play a test match before you play your actual match, and report the lag results in here, so if needed, I can change the brackets for smoother gameplay.

Oh, one last thing. If you cannot reach your opponent at all, PM me. I'll PM the other player, and if they don't reply in around 48 hours, they forfeit. PLEASE EVERYONE CHECK YOUR PMs ON A REGULAR BASIS FOR THIS TOURNEY. I will be contacting every via PM 48 hours before the tourney officially starts, and if you don't reply, your opponent gets a bye and you forfeit.

Sorry to be so STREET FIGHTER NAZI about this, but the last tourney really blew in spite of DoTheMario's efforts, because of people bailing.

Participants so far:

Nikashi (Gamertag : Nikashi)
negitoro7 (Gamertag : negitoro7)
LakeEarth (Gamertag: LakeEarth v1)
Tain (Gamertag: KNTain)
rastex : (Gamertag: rastex)
jobber : (Gamertag: Jobber4WCW)
levious : (Gamertag: levious)
KeeblerDrow : (Gamertag: KeeblerDrow)

ROUND 1 BRACKETS

Nikashi vs Tain - WINNER : Tain (3 - 2)

negitoro7 v levious - WINNER : negitoro7 (3 - 0)

rastex vs LakeEarth - WINNER : LakeEarth (3 - 1)

Jobber v KeeblerDrow - WINNER : Jobber (forfeit)

ROUND 2 BRACKETS (Semi Finals)

Tain vs LakeEarth - WINNER : LakeEarth (3 - 1)

negitoro7 v Jobber - WINNER : negitoro7 (3 - 0)

ROUND 3 BRACKET (Finals)

LakeEarth v negitoro7 - WINNER : negitoro7 (5 - 3)

TOURNAMENT CHAMPION:

negitoro7

LakeEarth

I know that Nikashi was screwed last time since he seemed to have the most momentum going into the semi's before everyone decided to disappear. Limiting the tourney to 8 people might be a good idea too, though have alternates if some people decide to bail again. No Hyper is a good idea.

I'm in of course, LakeEarth v1 is my tag. My players will be Alex SAI and, if I do well with him, Ryu SAII, and if I get raped (again :(), Ryu SAIII.

Oh, and negitoro7's tag is negitoro7.

(edit - oh, best 3 out of 5.... I'll have to rethink who I pick. Might just stick with 2 people though, so I can be the best that i can be. I gotta stop picking everyone in the cast whenever I play online)

rastex

Banned
Let's agree on one night/day to have this and get the entire tourney over with then. So limit it to 8 people or so. But I'm in for anything, GT: rastex

Nikashi

Banned
Yay, signups are progessing nicely! By the way, I am VERY open to suggestions on how to run this, this is my first tourney and I want it to go well :)

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Nikashi said:
Yay, signups are progessing nicely! By the way, I am VERY open to suggestions on how to run this, this is my first tourney and I want it to go well :)

I want to play the best player so I can lose early!

LakeEarth

There were two people in MAF's Remy thread that seemed interested but never came here to sign up (it only counts if you post here). I know that one ProjectJustice guy is on SRK which means he's probably good. Just two more people, damn I should practice more.

negitoro7

Oh Projectjustice is damn good (although I HATE fighting Denjin Ryu's arrrggghh).

I don't know if there'll be other S and SS rank players in this tournament, but Projectjustice is an "S" rank last time I played him.

*insert obligatory "rank means nothing" comment here*

LakeEarth

It don't, especially if you play 'good' players all the time. I'm only an A (I think, I might've gone down to B since I'm hovering around the 55% mark), but that's only because I run into people who just get the game, and I explain things to them on the mic when we're playing. They get way better and I get a load of wins incidentally. I mean I let a few slip on purpose but still :lol

And we'll just wait for two more people and maybe do this during the weekend. This was brought up in the other thread, but does anyone have the ability to record their matches? Cause that'd be sweet to watch.

LakeEarth

Yeah it really doesn't matter. I would think of trying a round robin kind of thing , but I doubt we'll be able to get all of us to play everyone else.

Tain

I've always wished that you could save replays of Live matches. ;_;

But yeah, you need a capture card on your PC. Or a digital video camera with video in, etc.

Nikashi

Banned
Tain said:
I've always wished that you could save replays of Live matches. ;_;

But yeah, you need a capture card on your PC. Or a digital video camera with video in, etc.

The stupid part is, you COULD do this with Capcom vs SNK 2, why couldn't they use the same code?

jobber

I have a tv tuner on my pc but watching me play is like seeing a dog getting hit by a car

Nikashi

Banned
Okay, I was expecting 8 players, but I gotta figure out what we can do with 6. Suggestions are welcome, just harder to do brackets with only 6 players. Unless anyone can find me 2 more?

LakeEarth

I bumped the 'Remy' thread in the gaming forum hoping to get a few more people in here, but looks like no takers. So I dunno.

Nikashi

Banned
Okay, I'm starting the tournament next Saturday, with however many people we have. Anyone got some good ideas on how to handle a 6 person bracket?

negitoro7

-2 brackets of 3 players each.

-round robin pool play first.*

-top 2 players in each pool get a "bye" in the first round of playoffs

-2nd ranked from Pool A play 3rd in Pool B and vice versa.

-The winners of those games then play the 1st place players in the semi-finals
(The winners of the 2nd vs. 3rd games play the 1st place player in the opposite Pool.
If the two winners from 2nd vs. 3rd games were in the same round-robin pool, then the 2nd
ranked guy gets to choose opponent in the semi-finals).

-The two losers of the 2nd vs. 3rd game play for 5th place.

-After semi-final, you have the "Bronze Medal" game and then the "Gold Medal" game.

*In the event of a tie in round robin play, the tie-breaker will be number of rounds won vs. lost, so every round is important (we will need to keep track of this in round robin play).

If there is still a tie after looking at rounds won vs. lost, then a 1 game sudden death will be played (as opposed to best 2 out of 3).

Optional: The Semi-finals, Bronze and Gold games can be best 3 out of 5 or *gasp* first to 5 wins.

WarLox

no love for Capcom vs SNK 2 ??

xldepressed.gif

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
This saturday? I'd be available if you still want entrants.

gamertag: levious

I guess I'd use Remy, or maybe ibuki.

Nikashi

Banned
Sweet, with 7 players, I can just give someone a bye. I'll draw names, and exclude myself. I'll send out the PMs when I get home on Saturday, and we'll try and get it done this weekend.

LakeEarth

All my controllers are broke so I better rush and get one before this starts up :lol

EDIT - oh and if you don't have a mic, tell us here. If you do you can discuss having a 'warm up game' and all that. Just if you win that warm up game, don't get all cocky :lol

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I can't play during NFL time, other than that I'd be flexible.

Nikashi

Banned
I JUST got back from the focus group, I'm sending PMs now. I've done the random draw for the bye, and jobber advances to the 2nd round automatically. Here are the first round brackets, also random:

Nikashi vs Tain

negitoro7 v levious

rastex vs LakeEarth

Jobber (BYE)

I will send out PMs as soon as I post this message, you have ONE WEEK to find your opponent, and play them. I will personally be available after 11pm PDT tonight, and most of the day tomorrow, Tain.

Nikashi

Banned
Morning or afternoon session? If it was the afternoon session I'm surprised you didn't bother mentioning it after I said my forum nick :p

negitoro7

Afternoon, I was the only yellow-skin there ;)

If you were the guy I was chatting outside with beforehand, I don't recall you mentioning your forum nickname when I asked, but then again I have terrible hearing.

Nikashi

Banned
Yeah, I was the dude who was sharing next to you in the test room. I mentioned my name outside at the end just before I took off. I even described my avatar :p Wanna make this easier and just come play the match in person? (I'll edit the brackets to allow that if so, since we're still in first round)

negitoro7

Naw let's just see if we end up playing against each other in later rounds, the brackets are done already.

Nice meeting you today btw.

rastex

Banned
The brackets are rigged!!

hahaha oh man, Lake this'll be an interesting match. I say we just keep fighting until a clear winner comes out. Or do you want to make it more intense and do the best 2/3?

Nikashi

Banned
rastex said:

hahaha oh man, Lake this'll be an interesting match. I say we just keep fighting until a clear winner comes out. Or do you want to make it more intense and do the best 2/3?

To be honest, if any participants can agree with each other on game rules for their own matches, that's fine by me, but I still recommend best 3/5 to make it fair.

jobber

I'll be home this evening I guess after 5pm Keeb. You can catch me in the irc chat.

LakeEarth

rastex said:

Sorry I was out last night so I didn't get to play. Rastex, any time, any place, any way, but we need to set limits. I'd say everytime we played the matches were always 12 - 11 or something crazy like that, hehe.

Tain

Tain, I will be online after 11pm tonight, is that okay for you?

I've got an early class tomorrow, but that should be fine. Shoot me a message via AIM (same name as Live) around then, if possible.

Top Bottom