• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 3 Third Strike Xbox Live

Tain

Ho-leee lag.

This is horrible.

I've been playing 3S mostly offline with friends since moving here, but I managed to get some decent lagless matches within the week I moved in.

...Not so today. It's atrocious. Not a good match yet, no matter what the connection status displays.

Sorry about that, Nikashi. I'll see if I can find a time when it'll work out or something.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
negitoro7 said:
levious, I'm sick and at home, I can pretty much play anytime today...

sorry man, was watching football yesterday, anytime after 7 pm est I'll be availible, I'll send you a PM when I get home tonight.

LakeEarth

LakeEarth vs Rastex report :

Casual Games:
Ibuki SAI (Rastex) over Alex SAI (LakeEarth)
Ryu SAIII (LakeEarth) over Dudley (Rastex)
Q SAI (LakeEarth) over Hugo SAII (Rastex)
Remy SAI (Rastex) over Q SAI (LakeEarth)
Alex SAI (LakeEarth) over Ryu SAIII (Rastex picked him accidentally)

Tournament Games:
Oro SAIII (LakeEarth) over Ibuki SAI (Rastex)
Dudley SAIII (Rastex) over Alex SAI (LakeEarth)
Oro SAIII (LakeEarth) over Alex SAIII (Rastex) (fucking BARELY)
Ryu SAII (LakeEarth) over Ibuki SAI (Rastex)

Final : LakeEarth 3:1

LakeEarth

rastex said:
Wow, you kept track of all of those games? Next tourney, it's over!
I have a great short term memory. Why I did well in University by mostly cramming. Had a hard time remembering which were casual and which were tourney though, hell we didn't even know when we were doing it.

Tain

Some excellent matches with Nikashi.

My memory sucks, but here goes:

Casual warm-up: Nikashi (Dudley) over Tain (Makoto)

Tournament:
Tain (Dudley) over Nikashi (Elena)
Nikashi (Ken) over Tain (Makoto I think)
Tain (Ken) over Nikashi (Ibuki)
Nikashi (Chun Li) over Tain (Yang)
Tain (Dudley) over Nikashi (Ryu)

Overall: Tain

Excellent matches.

Turns out that I found, at the last minute, that my dorm's network setup had changed and SF3 was laggy as hell. As a result, I waited until I came home for the weekend. I'll be home next weekend, too, though after that is up in the air (probably not).

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
boo@ Keebler getting in then working all the time

I WANT MY BYE BACK!

Nikashi

Banned
Okay, everyone in the tourney has till the end of the day to finish their matches. Keebler MUST play tonight or he's out, and I haven't heard anything from levious or negitaro.. what's the deal guys?

negitoro7

We're scheduled to play tonight, have already added him to my FL.

He's gonna PM me whenever he gets home from dinner.

negitoro7

levious and I just played our set, sorry all for taking so long.

GG's levious, the lag spikes probably threw both our games a little off.

Warmup:

Remy SA1 (levious) over Oro SA2 (negitoro7)

Tournament:

Dudley SA3 (negitoro7) over Remy SA1 (levious)

Ryu SA1 (negitoro7) over Chun-Li SA1 (levious)

Remy SA2 (negitoro7) over Remy SA1 (levious)

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
yeah, good games... if anything, I felt like I got cheap hits during the lag spikes.

I would've kept playing, but didn't want to bore you too much ;)

negitoro7

levious said:
yeah, good games... if anything, I felt like I got cheap hits during the lag spikes.

I would've kept playing, but didn't want to bore you too much ;)

I guess we both got in some cheap hits then lol.

Didn't know if you had to go after the matches, so I just waited for you to hit "rematch" or "quit".

Nikashi

Banned
All right, all the round 1 matches are done, congrats to all those who advanced. I will be adding round 2 brackets shortly. Same rules, have your matches played by Saturday.

negitoro7

What timezone would that be? I'm not sure if I'm free today and tomorrow. Birthday dinner tonight and work tomorrow.

jobber

eastern

it's cool if you're busy, we can do it this weekend (PAUSE)

jobber

negitoro7 said:
I should be free during the day on saturday, would that be okay for you?

Sure if it's after 2pm or something. I sleep late on Saturday

Nikashi

Banned
Tain can only play on weekends due to his shitty Campus connection, but he will be available by the deadline.

negitoro7

Jobber let me know what time you're free. I'll either be checking PMs / this thread occasionally...

..or if you catch me on LIVE, then one practice game and then first to 3 wins?

jobber

negitoro7 said:
Jobber let me know what time you're free. I'll either be checking PMs / this thread occasionally...

..or if you catch me on LIVE, then one practice game and then first to 3 wins?

i'm free now, just gotta find the disk..

edit: found it and played a little to get the rust off

3/5 sounds ok

I expect to lose the first 3 so blah

negitoro7

Sent you an invite 10 times, where are you dude? I see you online in SF.

edit: I've waited an hour for you now... are you playing right now (I see you on) or not? Maybe you're away and it still shows you online?

jobber

i lost to a great fighter!

i had to quit because my thumb is starting to turn blue :(

Edit: I saw you on when i sent the invite, but before I didn't see you online. Infact I didn't see the invite until we were playing o_O

negitoro7

So you didn't accept my invites because you were playing someone for an hour?
Excuse me for being a little agitated, but staring at the waiting screen and listening to "Let's Get it On Now" for ~1 hour isn't exactly fun.

When do you want to play then?

jobber

negitoro7 said:
So you didn't accept my invites because you were playing someone for an hour?
Excuse for being a little agitated, but staring at the waiting screen and listening to "Let's Get it On Now" for ~1 hour isn't exactly fun.

When do you want to play then?

I thought I was playing you?!??

WTF

then who was I playing?!!!!!!????

edit: ugh I'm getting back on, but no mic (i'm on the phone)

negitoro7

Okay let's try this again.

I will create a game for "friends list only". When you see the arrow icon on the top-right, press start and go to friends list and accept invite.

Or you can create a friends only game, press start, click on my name and send me an invite... up to you.

jobber

negitoro7 said:

I saw someone waiting on SF3 on my list and wasn't paying attention to the name cause I thought it was you :\

I'm sorry about that...you can have the win if you like

negitoro7

GG's Jobber, sorry for being a jerk but you can understand my frustration I hope.
I can tell you weren't really into the games, we can have a rematch if you'd like.

jobber

Great Game!

I felt like crap after finding out I wasn't playing you. :\

edit: it's cool about beating my ass :)

negitoro7

Seriously if you want to rematch, I'd be fine with it.

It's just one of those things where I'm pissed at the moment (the waiting), but then realize afterwards "it's just a game", so apologies if I got a little carried away in this thread.

jobber

negitoro7 said:
Seriously if you want to rematch, I'd be fine with it.

It's just one of those things where I'm pissed at the moment (the waiting), but then realize afterwards "it's just a game", so apologies if I got a little carried away in the thread.

Nah it's cool. My thumb needs some ice before I can play anything else right now. It was my fault for not checking the invite thingy. Farewell and good luck in the finals.

LakeEarth

I need to play Tain tonight, after that I'm not gonna be home till Monday night. Going to go to another city to see Audioslave in concert. I also was thinking of going out tonight so I really want to know if Tain is gonna show up tonight. He added me to his friends list sometime today, but I have not been in contact with him.

Tain

Hey; sorry, but I've only been able to play on weekends thanks to my unexpected connection problems.

Anyway, I'm good to play tonight, or until Monday or Tuesday, which is beyond the one-week requirement anyway.

Trouble is, I'm on a friend's xbox at the moment.

ThiefSilver is the gamertag.

LakeEarth

LakeEarth vs Tain report :

Casual Games:
Too many to remember..

Tournament Games:
Alex SAI (LakeEarth) over Dudley SAIII (Tain)
Oro SAIII (LakeEarth) over Makoto SAII (Tain)
Ken SAIII (Tain) over Hugo SAIII (LakeEarth)
Ryu SAII (LakeEarth) over Yang SAII (Tain)

Final : LakeEarth 3:1

rastex

Banned
jobber said:
I thought I was playing you?!??

WTF

then who was I playing?!!!!!!????

edit: ugh I'm getting back on, but no mic (i'm on the phone)

You were playing me dude. :lol

Good matches btw.

negitoro7

Practice/Warm-up:

Hugo SA1 (negitoro7) over Ryu SA2 (Jobber)

Tournament:

Remy SA2 (negitoro7) over Elena SA2 (Jobber)

Ryu SA1 (negitoro7) over Sean SA2 (Jobber)

Sean SA1 (negitoro7) over Akuma SA? (Jobber)

LakeEarth

THE FINALS : Note, there was some confusion whether the first match was practice or not. I asked if it was and got no response until the 5th match. Due to that, this became a FIRST TO 5 WINS match.

Alex SAI (LakeEarth) over Dudley SAIII (negitoro7)
Ryu SAI (negitoro7) over Oro SAIII (LakeEarth)
Ryu SAII (LakeEarth) over Remy SAII (negitoro7)
Alex SAI (LakeEarth) over Oro SAII (negitoro7)
Remy SAII (negitoro7) over Hugo SAIII (LakeEarth)
I forget (negitoro7) over Oro SAIII (LakeEarth)
Ryu SAI (negitoro7) over Ryu SAII (LakeEarth)
Remy SAII (negitoro7) over Alex SAI (LakeEarth)

WINNER AND GRAND CHAMPION : negitoro7 5:3

Negitoro is GOOD. I suggest he face Haunts in a best of 3 match to see who truly is the GAF king of 3rd Strike.

negitoro7

Nah, I'd say LakeEarth won, he got to 3 first.

Either that or we rematch first to 5 again :) Cause it just doesn't feel right since there was the confusion about the practice game.

Your Alex is a beast, I think there were two games you would've beaten me if your Hyperbomb came out like it should have.

LakeEarth

You won, no worries. Besides, I don't wanna follow my suggestion and face Haunts again, he's just insane. I'm gonna try to win the ***-Ages one :lol

About the Hyperbomb, that's my main problem. When it doesn't come out when I want it once, it'll never come out when I want it cause I get flustered. Its a flaw I'm working on. That and quickstanding. I just tap down on the pad repeadly and get up half the time, you seem to got it down. What's the secret?

negitoro7

I can do the quickstand if I haven't played offline for a while (and similarly with offline play with regards to online).

I actually got frustrated that the quickstand didn't happen as often as it usually does for me cause I'm used to a slightly better connection. You must've noticed that I didn't even attempt to parry EX fireballs :|
I guess I'm just used to getting knocked on my ass enough that I get lots of practice with quickstanding.

I was surprised that you were able to do Oro's chicken combo pretty consistently, now that is something I have trouble with online and off :lol

Top Bottom