• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 6 will only have 18 characters at launch (with post-launch content & characters DLC)

ReBurn

Gold Member
Give it a few more minutes & Chun-Li will look plenty blue from holding her breath.

jmIzzo2.png
Looks like she has the mumps

Hustler

This is more than enough at launch. Just hope there are a decent amount of modes. I think they learned their lesson with SF5

Last edited:
Solid starting roster. Like I said in another thread, Ken and Blanka in was all I needed to know. Hopefully Balrog and Sagat are eventually added though, two of my other favourites.

SSfox

I just realize it actually make sens Capcom revealed the full roster, since Beta is planned for Steam, they know the roster is going to be leak lol

Last edited:
18 sounds like a lot to me but half are very uninspired. Hopefully Sagat, Vega and Bison make it later on

You have a tight game with these top characters, it's all you need and to add any more they have to be very good.
zodH1as.jpg

1_o.jpg

Meek Fighter meets Street Fighter. I give the artist some credit in capturing the empty disenchanted feeling.

Last edited:

yurinka

I'd have prefered 22 or even 24, but 18 is more than fine for me specially considering you'll have a super complete character editor where you'll be able to save many creations.

It features:
  • The 8 original SF2 characters (44.44%)
  • 6 brand new characters (33.33%)
  • 2 SSF2 characters (11.11%)
  • 1 SFIV character (5.56%)
  • 1 SFV character (5.56%)
  • Very complete character editor where you can save many different user created characters
Also:
  • 11 men (61.11%)
  • 7 women (38.89%)
Also:
  • 8 white/caucasian (44.44%)
  • 5 Asian (27.78%)
  • 2 black (11.11%)
  • 1 native American (5.56%)
  • 1 Indian (5.56%)
  • 1 monster (5.56%)
Also:
  • 7 from Asia (counting Zangief as Syberian -located in the Asian part of Russia- since several attacks mentions Syberia)
  • 4 from USA (counting Jamie as from HK according to his flag in the leak)
  • 4 from Europe (counting JP as European since the richest Russian cities are in the European side of Russia)
  • 3 from Latin America

I think they did a very complete and diverse cast specially when compared to previous games, and that will allow their target audience find some character they'll like/identify with (not talking about specific characters or gameplay).

Street Fighter 6 will only have 18 characters at launch (with post-launch content & characters DLC)​

Roster size of the original debut in every SF series:
  • SF1 2 characters
  • SF2 8 characters
  • SFA 13 characters (counting 3 hidden ones)
  • SF3 12 characters (counting 1 hidden one and Yun and Yang separatedly)
  • SFEX 14 characters (counting 4 hidden one)
  • SFIV 17 characters (counting 1 hidden one)
  • SFV 16 characters (you were able to unlock several DLC characters for free with no grinding)
  • SF6 18 characters + character editor (we don't know if it has hidden ones and if you will be able to unlock DLC characters for free as in SFV)

Last edited:

dr_octagon

Banned
M'Bison?
Tips psycho crusher fedora

Fuck the randoms Luke, Matty, Kimchi, Bobby and Chad.

We want the OG roster, Sagat, Vega, Blanka, M Bison, Balrog etc.

Last edited:

Crayon

18 sounds like a lot to me but half are very uninspired. Hopefully Sagat, Vega and Bison make it later on

You have a tight game with these top characters, it's all you need and to add any more they have to be very good.
zodH1as.jpg

1_o.jpg

Meek Fighter meets Street Fighter. I give the artist some credit in capturing the empty disenchanted feeling.

Putting that Luke thing front and center is deflating. It's superficial, but they say 'pick the character you think is coolest'. Same is said about picking a game. Making Luke and Jaime an analogous ken and ryu is... Well I hope somebody likes it.

Fuz

Banned
Putting that Luke thing front and center is deflating. It's superficial, but they say 'pick the character you think is coolest'. Same is said about picking a game. Making Luke and Jaime an analogous ken and ryu is... Well I hope somebody likes it.
It's fucking crap, that's what it is.
Apparently they said they want to make luke the new face of Street Fighter, superseding Ryu. FUCKING LUKE.

dr_octagon

Banned
Why does Dhalsim look like Father Christmas? Blanka has train robber outfit. Guile has WW1 facial hair. Ryu doesn't know where the camera is and Ken is drogs dealer.

Da fuque?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I'd have prefered 22 or even 24, but 18 is more than fine for me specially considering you'll have a super complete character editor where you'll be able to save many creations.

It features:
  • The 8 original SF2 characters (44.44%)
  • 6 brand new characters (33.33%)
  • 2 SSF2 characters (11.11%)
  • 1 SFIV character (5.56%)
  • 1 SFV character (5.56%)
  • Very complete character editor where you can save many different user created characters
Also:
  • 11 men (61.11%)
  • 7 women (38.89%)
Also:
  • 8 white/caucasian (44.44%)
  • 5 Asian (27.78%)
  • 2 black (11.11%)
  • 1 native American (5.56%)
  • 1 Indian (5.56%)
  • 1 monster (5.56%)
Also:
  • 7 from Asia (counting Zangief as Syberian -located in the Asian part of Russia- since several attacks mentions Syberia)
  • 4 from USA (counting Jamie as from HK according to his flag in the leak)
  • 4 from Europe (counting JP as European since the richest Russian cities are in the European side of Russia)
  • 3 from Latin America

I think they did a very complete and diverse cast specially when compared to previous games, and that will allow their target audience find some character they'll like/identify with (not talking about specific characters or gameplay).

Roster size of the original debut in every SF series:
  • SF1 2 characters
  • SF2 8 characters
  • SFA 13 characters (counting 3 hidden ones)
  • SF3 12 characters (counting 1 hidden one and Yun and Yang separatedly)
  • SFEX 14 characters (counting 4 hidden one)
  • SFIV 17 characters (counting 1 hidden one)
  • SFV 16 characters (you were able to unlock several DLC characters for free with no grinding)
  • SF6 18 characters + character editor (we don't know if it has hidden ones and if you will be able to unlock DLC characters for free as in SFV)

Yah, barely change since the previous titles

Last edited:

yurinka

Yah, barely change since the previous titles
We have to consider that the game is going to have at launch basically all current SFV game modes, the 'open world'/Final Fight story mode with the character editor and customization stuff, additional modes like the crazy fun Extreme battles and the 'Street Fighter metaverse' Battle Hub where you'll not only interact and play with other players using the customized avatars, but you'll also able to play there retro games.

Street Fighter 6 will have a shit ton of extra work and budget compared to all previous Street Fighter games.

Even regarding the roster itself, this game has a shit ton of mechanics and characters have way more moves and possibilities compared to previous ones, so each character now requires more work than before.

Single player content or bust. I don't want SF becoming MVC2.
It will have more single player content at launch than any previous Capcom fighting game.

Last edited:

Patrick S.

Banned
18 characters is fine. That might be an issue for some people but they're doing so much right, especially after SFV, that this is non-issue for me.
I'm not really into Street Fighter, but Tekken, once one of my favourite game franchises, really lost me when they ripped characters that had been in every Tekken ever out of the game and spread them out into what, 4-5 season passes? Na, thanks. I'm getting a "complete edition" five years in for twenty bucks.

nbkicker

Im happy with the initial roster and prob get the game on ps5 or xbox x and then also on steam for pc, plus prob buy all the dlc charachter passes which will come, to me this is one game where you cant complain that they selling charachter passes ever year, do people think they can just make charachters in a day and shove them in, im happy to see what they done so far and is miles more then any streetfighter before it

I only played Tekken so 18 is quite small to me lol.
I'm not really into Street Fighter, but Tekken, once one of my favourite game franchises, really lost me when they ripped characters that had been in every Tekken ever out of the game and spread them out into what, 4-5 season passes? Na, thanks. I'm getting a "complete edition" five years in for twenty bucks.
Yeah and with shitty new characters too. Who care about Lucky Chloe, Noctis, Shaheen, Gigas, Claudio,...
And those fucking 2d Guest Character.

Last edited:

SSfox

I only played Tekken so 18 is quite small to me lol.

Yeah and with shitty new characters too. Who care about Lucky Chloe, Noctis, Shaheen, Gigas, Claudio,...
Tekken 7 released with 20 characters at launch.

The console versions released 2 years and half afte Arcade version. Make sens it had more characters.

Tekken-7-Off-Screen-Gameplay-Video-Shows-Shaheen-in-Action-for-the-First-Time-473213-8.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom