• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter Alpha 2 versus Street Fighter Alpha 3

cj_iwakura

Yep, such a cool stage.

kensfz2stage.gif

It's like the girl on the far left is trying to ask out the one on her right.

stn

Alpha 2 has superior fighting mechanics, Alpha 3 has better music, character selection, and single-player modes. Competitively I'd rather play A2, for fun I'll take both.

Sanctuary

I think Alpha 2 is the better game, gameplay-wise.

Alpha 3 is a mess if we talk about balance / bugs, but also had more characters, world tour mode... I can understand why some people like that game more than A2.

This. The character selection of Alpha 3 may have been better, but it was a step back in many other areas.

cj_iwakura

Dammit, I want to fire up my Saturn for some Alpha 2 now, who's in the Broward area. :p

Another favorite of mine:

StreetFighterAlpha2-China%28Gen%29.png

Love the intimate, melancholy atmosphere.

kodecraft

Alpha 2 felt better from a gameplay perspective. I had so much fun with it in the Saturn.

First time I was able to main Nash, good to see him back in SFV.

Alpha 3 brought in my boy Cody.

kitzkozan

Alpha 2 is the superior fighter with the superior gameplay and superior music. I like Alpha 3 as well, but it's really not as good as Alpha 2 IMO.

Yup, but Alpha 3 will be favored by those who aren't competitive or all serious about their fighters. It's got very solid single player content along with the best and biggest roster outside of SFIV. The game simply doesn't hold up competitively speaking because of crouch cancelling in v-ism.

Top Bottom