• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter II: Animated Movie Chun-Li vs Vega, best game to movie scene ever?

Street Fighter II V with Ryu & Ken beating up punks in Hong Kong. Lol I'd love a beat em up Final Fight style game based on Street Fighter II V

XenoRaven

One of the things I really like about the fight is that Vega gets the upper hand using the art of surprise like a ninja would. But over time, Chun-Li is able to use her familiarity with the environment (since the fight is in her apartment) to her advantage and ultimately win.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I remember a friend of mine bringing over a VHS of that movie and us watching it. This scene is the only one that I remember just from how brutal it was.

EDIT: Ugh... the shower scene...

3j1fo8b.jpg

Even 10 year old me would roll his eyes at this.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Even 10 year old me would roll his eyes at this.
Lol nope. Best fanservice moment in Street Fighter history. The biggest fuck up from the 25 year anniversary SF boxset wasn't the shitty image quality of the movie but the fact that it was censored. At least Discotek is finally correcting this by releasing a proper restoration soon.

Warxard

Banned
Lol nope. Best fanservice moment in Street Fighter history. The biggest fuck up from the 25 year anniversary SF boxset wasn't the shitty image quality of the movie but the fact that it was censored. At least Discotek is finally correcting this by releasing a proper restoration soon.

Chun Li's...canon titty

God bless

One of the things I really like about the fight is that Vega gets the upper hand using the art of surprise like a ninja would. But over time, Chun-Li is able to use her familiarity with the environment (since the fight is in her apartment) to her advantage and ultimately win.

I love how Vega takes to the air and most people would probably freak out like how do I deal with this? Chun Li is just like fuck that I'll go right up with you!

Yup, my buddy Brady (aka the LabZero UI guy) is producer on that Blu-ray project. I am helping a little here and there on it, so it's mostly his baby. The new BD will have both US and UK versions of the dub and a new version of it matched against the Japanese music+effects (we're both big fans of the movie so this stuff mattered).

In my opinion, It is absolutely the best fighting-game-to-anime adaptation. Blows away everything else, including the Fatal Fury stuff (which was decent enough, but had nowhere near the quality fight choreography).

Yup, my buddy Brady (aka the LabZero UI guy) is producer on that Blu-ray project. I am helping a little here and there on it, so it's mostly his baby. The new BD will have both US and UK versions of the dub and a new version of it matched against the Japanese music+effects (we're both big fans of the movie so this stuff mattered).

In my opinion, It is absolutely the best fighting-game-to-anime adaptation. Blows away everything else, including the Fatal Fury stuff (which was decent enough, but had nowhere near the quality fight choreography).

Would be cool if an option to switch between JP dub and ost

bryanee

Region Free? Pleaseeee.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
The shower scene made it. She was very vulnerable in that moment, which showed in how she was initially getting her ass beat. But then she gains composure and whoops him. That fight doesn't exist without the shower scene before it. It's integral to its impact.

It was also fucking hot.

Neat. The trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8adq6g4BhSY

It's funny because even the latest Bluray in the UK still has the censored dialogue, despite having full blood and nudity.
Can't wait for the blu-ray version.

A lot of people wanted it with the original Japanese OST. Doing the right thing.
Got anything for a release date?

J-Skee

One of my favorite animated movies of all time. Used to watch this, Ninja Scroll & Red Hawk back to back. Wish these animated movies/shows could go back to that style.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Someone post a goddamned link to the Bluray already!!

Oh it looks like it don't come out till mid 2016.

Vlaphor

It was beautiful in motion.. Mai on the other hand was too crazy lol

You....are a bad man. That's all I'll say.

But yes, the Chun Li fight was excellent and I am looking forward to the blu-ray now that I know of it's existence. I'd totally buy a blu-ray of the Fatal Fury motion picture as well, though the new transfer that came out on DVD a little while ago is pretty good.

The new BD will have both US and UK versions of the dub and a new version of it matched against the Japanese music+effects (we're both big fans of the movie so this stuff mattered).

Yes please it took long enough for DBZ to get the JPN audio matched for the English version.

If it comes to the USA, I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

Also make sure to do Street Fighter 2 V on Blu-Ray next.

Sblargh

Banned
What is with anime and surprise headbutt into nose knocking out an enemy surprising everyone.

It's your cranium smashing someone's nose; it doesn't prove you are an underrated underdog, it just proves that headbutts wins versus faces.

Top Bottom