• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter IV: Sagat and Balrog Videos

Mr Jared

Saint Gregory said:
My god that dude was spamming the hell out of that spinning lariat. They're going to have to do something about that before it becomes the new psycho crusher. I once fought a guy in the arcade version of SSF2T that chose M.Bison and literally flew back and forth the entire match. That guy was such a dick...

Uh, actually his lariat is fairly shitty now. It has monster start-up time, he travels at his Alpha speed with it and the kick version can't go through projectiles, forcing you to gamble with it against someone like Guile up close.. Whats more is that since Zangief is so huge now, it actually goes over stuff like Honda's torpedo and Blanka's rolling attacks. The range in which he has to be in to use it as an anti-air is significantly shorter and again, the start-up time hinders it.

And uh, block more I guess ;o

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Oh wow - nice to finally see them in action, especially with being a Balrog fan - you really delivered with posting those links!

Wish I could have seen more though, that Zangief was taking them down too fast!

Both characters look good from what I could make out, and Balrog's stage: hot damn!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
lol at lariat comments...

Balrog is looking good... I hope his headbutt has the same priority as ST... one can dream right?

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
woo. Great news. I always wanted to be better with Balrog, maybe sf4 is our time together!

But I main Akuma, and seeing as he's pretty much given, I need to focus my love there.

Im sorry but this doesnt make any justice to the great 2d games.....sorry....that sagat fireball looks like it belongs to the EX games

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Bluemercury said:
Im sorry but this doesnt make any justice to the great 2d games.....sorry....that sagat fireball looks like it belongs to the EX games

you know the youtube videos, and pretty much all the videos out there make the game look like a PS2 game or something. They really do not do the game justice. When you see it in person its really crisp and really looks uhh.. next gen I guess. Lots of detail in everything..

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
when are we gonna start seeing direct footage? I need me some HD direct capture stuff... :\

VaLiancY

eb_mother3-kangashark.gif

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Back on topic, No Dudley then but Balrog is just as fine in my book. I'll just miss his victory taunt, "Guttertrash"

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Bluemercury said:
There's about 50 of them to choose from if you don't like this one. Plus the upcoming ST remake. Of course, it's harder to get excited about something that's over a decade old...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Akuma, please.

Aeris130

Great stuff, now bring Cammy + Vega and fill the remaining lineup with new characters.

And holy shit @ Zangief pwnage.

brendanrfoley said:
Bison is dead. Killed by Akuma at the end of SSF2T.

True, but he supposedly "died" after Street Fighter Alpha as well. He then stole Rose's body or something like that. The point is if people want him, Capcom can find a way to resurrect him and keep it canon. Street Fighter is not about realism.

GrayFoxPL

Balrog looks like taken straight from Alpha 3 - lame!

Sagat got better mass proportion then EX2 but wheres all the power behind his attacks?

Waiting for more.

This looks fantastic. I love Sagat's model- super buff and lots of physical presence. The stage are great as well. Can't wait for this to hit the consoles.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Akuma/Gouki makes 13. I'm starting to wonder if there will be any more new characters to show up. There's still Vega, Bison, Cammy, Fei Long, Dee Jay and T. Hawk left over from SSF2:T. I personally think Vega and Bison will show up...

Anyways, videos look cool. Vegas background looks good. It'll just be tough for people to shake that familiar feeling of SF2 here though. =/

LakeEarth

Fourth Storm said:
True, but he supposedly "died" after Street Fighter Alpha as well. He then stole Rose's body or something like that. The point is if people want him, Capcom can find a way to resurrect him and keep it canon. Street Fighter is not about realism.
He did die in Alpha 3. He put his soul into Rose, using her as a vessel and was transfered into a new weaker body for SFII. Then he got killed, supposedly for good because he was already weak. That's the story anyways.

Speevy

Banned
There might not be a demo of this game, but there should at least be a demo of that other game which Capcom is supposed to be releasing.

Anyway, what's up with no Tiger Uppercuts? You can't fight with Sagat and not do a tiger uppercut.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Speevy said:
There might not be a demo of this game, but there should at least be a demo of that other game which Capcom is supposed to be releasing.

Anyway, what's up with no Tiger Uppercuts? You can't fight with Sagat and not do a tiger uppercut.

he does one as someone is walking by the screen I think...

AFAIK that is the CPU not a person playing.

Wish I can see the video.

Why the hell do people walk in front of the TV? fucking rude as hell.

Well, the video has at least confirmed that fireballs (including the low tiger shot) go past Zangief's spinning lariat. Which now confirms him as top tier material.

Really tho, we need to see actual SFIICE professionals play the game to test what is there and what isn't. Not some noobs who can't understand what are priority moves.

CPS2

domokunrox said:
Well, the video has at least confirmed that fireballs (including the low tiger shot) go past Zangief's spinning lariat. Which now confirms him as top tier material.

If only there were some way to beat this invincible lariat
confused2.gif

Mr Jared

domokunrox said:
Wish I can see the video.

Why the hell do people walk in front of the TV? fucking rude as hell.

Really tho, we need to see actual SFIICE professionals play the game to test what is there and what isn't. Not some noobs who can't understand what are priority moves.

People were most likely walking in front of his camera because they didn't know it was there. They're not actually allowed to take footage like this.

You actually missed the Zangief is top tier boat ;D But Ono said it himself, he's totally over powered at the moment. He's do for a good nerf before the games release.

What is a Champion Edition professional though? :lol Bison loop ftw.

UC1 said:
If only there were some way to beat this invincible lariat
confused2.gif

Like I said earlier, the punch lariat goes through projectiles but can be swept low, while the kick lariat is the exact opposite. Not exactly invincible.. unless this is sarcasm and I can't tell again. It's hard to tell in these threads.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
WOW!

From the same user on youtube, the first "REAL" game play video ive seen thus far. Both players playing street fighter if you know what i mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y2gFim9-c0

For all you HATERS check 0:13 on and try to tell me this game wont be dope. please just try. :lol

1:04 aint bad either

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Also, in that same video, it appear the saving strike absorbs fireballs/sonic booms too! Very good to know..

well it seems most of the sf2 roster returns and absolutely no one from sf3. i feel like i am taking crazy pills @#$#@@..... so sf3 never happened !!!???

it doesnt seem right to call this sf4 when the entire sf3 roster is thrown in the trash

RyanDG

battleMAUS said:
well it seems most of the sf2 roster returns and absolutely no one from sf3. i feel like i am taking crazy pills @#$#@@..... so sf3 never happened !!!???

it doesnt seem right to call this sf4 when the entire sf3 roster is thrown in the trash

Yun or Yang (or both) should be in the game for sure. As for other SF3 characters I'm not sure... I would personally like to see Alex since he's the main character I used in SF3, but I'm not counting on it with both Abel and Zangief on the roster.

Teknoman

Xater said:
Balrog and not dudley yay...................

It really will be a SF2 3d remake with a few new characters. Let's just pretend SF3 never happened. I will still buy it but ugh....

Well it does take place before SF III so...

Also damn Sagat looks nice. Same for the stage they're fighting in. This game is going to be amazing and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

And M.Bison(Vega) wont be in the game unless he's some sort of alternate clone or undead. Akuma killed his ass at the end of SF II series.

Top Bottom