• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter IV: Sagat and Balrog Videos

dfyb

Banned
why can't they just do a real SFIV that takes place after third strike, with 2D sprites.

SFIV currently looks awful. they should release it as EX4 instead.

Teknoman

Teknoman said:
Well it does take place before SF III so...

Also damn Sagat looks nice. Same for the stage they're fighting in. This game is going to be amazing and there is nothing anyone can do about it.
And M.Bison(Vega) wont be in the game unless he's some sort of alternate clone or undead. Akuma killed his ass at the end of SF II series.

QFT.

Teknoman said:
Well it does take place before SF III so...

thats just capcoms way of justifying there laziness. they didnt want to bother balancing out sf3 characters with sf2, plus any new characters as well. capcom is also very aware that, EVERYONE is familiar with the sf2 roster, thus more sales. to me its becoming more and more apparent that this is a "sf2 repackaged". add better visuals and change around move sets all you want. i know the truth

Teknoman

dfyb said:
because so far it looks like SFIV is going to be shit.

edit: and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

How so? Its not as slow as EX, not as "complicated" as SF III, whats not to like? The fact the character models are 3d yet still have fluid animation and personality?

haunts said:
wtf is wrong with you people. watch that video i just posted.

It looks great, but it just feels stale to me... the backgrounds, all of those old characters, lack of parrying, etc. It's like a regression...

Teknoman

Star Power said:
It looks great, but it just feels stale to me... the backgrounds, all of those old characters, lack of parrying, etc. It's like a regression...

Most of the videos we've seen, no one uses the advanced systems that have been added in. So we cant really say that yet.

Besides that, i've had tons of heated SF III matches with friends on consoles, friends on arcade machines, and strangers on arcade machines...and parrying didnt factor in THAT much. Lets just wait until we see people who really know the new system before ultimate judgement.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
haunts said:
WOW!

From the same user on youtube, the first "REAL" game play video ive seen thus far. Both players playing street fighter if you know what i mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y2gFim9-c0

For all you HATERS check 0:13 on and try to tell me this game wont be dope. please just try. :lol

1:04 aint bad either

Looks nice. That super "cutscene" is fucking STUPID though.

This game won't be able to shake the fact that it looks like a remake of SF2 though. At least, not yet. Don't worry about it.

dfyb

Banned
Teknoman said:
How so? Its not as slow as EX, not as "complicated" as SF III, whats not to like? The fact the character models are 3d yet still have fluid animation and personality?
bahahaha.gif

they look like some kid is playing with action figures

haunts

Bacon of Hope
dfyb said:
because so far it looks like SFIV is going to be shit.

In what regard?

Kintaro said:
Looks nice. That super "cutscene" is fucking STUPID though.

This game won't be able to shake the fact that it looks like a remake of SF2 though. At least, not yet. Don't worry about it.

Yeah, I feel they should only go to the cut scene when the super will kill the opponent.

Star Power said:

The thing is, Ryu uses a focus attack to get pass Guiles sonic boom and move in for more pressure. Its not a parry really, but its another way to gain ground on the other person.On the other hand, look how far the EX fireball pushes guile, along with other fireballs. Fireballs MEAN something int his game this time around. They are worthless in 3s because of parrying. Well, not compeltey, but they arent used as a way to push someone into the corner like we are seeing in SFIV.

Beyond that, if you see he uses the charged focus attack when guile is stunned, it leads to a crumple. Imagine if he did that when guile wasnt stunned, gets the crumple, jumps in for a big combo, guile is stunned, another combo, ggpo. ALOT of possibilities going on in that match that I think some of you are missing.

Teknoman

dfyb said:
they look like some kid is playing with action figures

Well they looked pretty smooth moving in the first 1up/gamevideo clips earlier on. Then again im just a straight up SF fanboy, so take my words with a grain of salt.

Also this is nice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y2gFim9-c0

But yeah I agree the supermove cut needs to be shortened down. That gives people too much time to prepare a follow up.

haunts said:
Yeah, I feel they should on go to the cut scene when the super will kill the opponent.

Yeah that would work.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Looks amazing, I do hope they have an option for no cutscenes during supers though. They look cool but they will get old pretty fast, I think.

I'd be so much more into this if SF3 had never happened.

I can't blame people for being tired of the SF2 characters. It's not only that they're old but more that they've already found there way into every other fighting game Capcom has made. SO their return is far from fresh. Plus many of them have already been rendered in 3D in the EX games so that aspect isn't new either.

That being said I'm still going to buy this game and have it for dinner.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
Third Strike, HD Remix and SFIV all online. I'm not sure if I'll need to buy any other games. EVAR.

With every new video I see of this my anticipation grows stronger. I just hope we don't have to wait too long for the home versions :(

Elios83

IMO this game looks absolutely great.
I think a few people here have decided that it must suck or disappoint and they'll go with that no matter what they show about the game.

Space A Cobra said:
I'd be so much more into this if SF3 had never happened.

I can't blame people for being tired of the SF2 characters. It's not only that they're old but more that they've already found there way into every other fighting game Capcom has made. SO their return is far from fresh. Plus many of them have already been rendered in 3D in the EX games so that aspect isn't new either.

That being said I'm still going to buy this game and have it for dinner.

gonna just go ahead and quote that for truth

anyway, as far as i see it, there is only one way to make up for the sf3 issue:
strider-art.jpg

BELIEVE :D :D

Teknoman

Geezer said:
Third Strike, HD Remix and SFIV all online. I'm not sure if I'll need to buy any other games. EVAR.

With every new video I see of this my anticipation grows stronger. I just hope we don't have to wait too long for the home versions :(

Third Strike online?

gtj1092

Crushed said:
Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger.

Attempts to recover.

Sagat- "ooh noesss u dont"

Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger

Game over screen

Unplugs arcade cabinet

Fuck Sagat:lol
He took way too many of my quarters

haunts

Bacon of Hope
SF3 has been out FOREVER people. Im sorry you missed the boat, but I was going to tournaments when it was hard to get even 10 people to even show up for that damn game. Now similar tournaments have 70 something people in the bracket at least. It's gained a lot of popualrity, but its too little too late. We need a new game, and SFIV will deliver, end of story.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
great vid haunts! But that fucking cut-scene super shit capcom is trying is down right disgusting. Worse than their fireball design I say, making it by far the worst thing about this entire game.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
When a friend and I camped out in front of a 2nd Impact machine all day to learn parrying, we were the only people to play it. This was within a month of its release.

Where the hell were all you SF3 fans when the games were new?

Meanwhile, I don't know why anyone would have reasonably expected SF4 to use sprites in the first place, particularly after that first trailer came out. To most people, sprites = SNES game, no matter how well its animated.

this game looks laughably bad, and I am shocked that anyone here defends it.

This is next gen and we are getting semi 3d?

capcom is hugely milking the sf franchise with all there damn remakes..

I am just really dissapointed in this game.

haunts said:
Fireballs MEAN something int his game this time around.
Do not want. :<

Teknoman said:
Ah. I never knew that was XBL compatible.
Best netcode in any beat 'em up that's available on consoles too.

dog$ said:
Where the hell were all you SF3 fans when the games were new?
As someone else already mentioned it in other threads: plenty of people didn't even know SF III existed and Capcom was too busy competing with itself at the time.

KTallguy

Banned
I like the new vids. Really want to get my hands on it so I can decide for myself. I think some speed tweaks will make the game look better.

It is good that parrying is out, because that's SF3. SF4 is going to be something new, hopefully. And I agree that fireballs aren't half as useful in SF3 as they are in SF2, which I hope SF4 remedies.

Ferrio

Banned
haunts said:
SFIV will deliver, end of story.

Deliver what, a 3d version of SSFII Turbo? The game may turn out great, but shit SFII is still good.. .. so why don't we just play that if we want our fix? This game should of been *new*.

Gantz

Banned
Ferrio said:
Deliver what, a 3d version of SSFII Turbo? The game may turn out great, but shit SFII is still good.. .. so why don't we just play that if we want our fix? This game should of been *new*.

Tell that too Tekken, DOA, Soul Calibur, and Virtua Fighter fans as well :lol

Ferrio

Banned
Gantz said:
Tell that too Tekken, DOA, Soul Calibur, and Virtua Fighter fans as well :lol

Big difference there pal.

First of all, those series you just listed have new games released in regular intervals and have been on the scene way less of a timeframe than Street Fighter has.

Second, Street Fighter has done more milking so we've been exposed to these current characters, and SFII gameplay alot more compared to all those other series.

Lastly, go play Tekken 5 and tell me it plays like Tekken 2.

jett

D-Member
I have to agree with Ferrio here, I actually wish SF4 was something different from a early 90s throwback, but what we got looks nice enough.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i thought it was the other m. bison who was in sf4. capcom usa just needs to start using the original names, like square started using the original numbers with ff7

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Seems like the gameplay system is a tune on SF 3, with half the characters playing like their alpha/3rd strk. counterparts according to the reports, so I really, REALLY don't see the connection to SF 2 so much, not anymore than alpha or 3rd strk. (specially since alpha 3 had all the SF 2 chars)

Its an odd thing to complain about, really, even if the game was a throwback to SF 2, so what? Wouldyou complain if a new Zelda was throwback to Link to the Past?

Gantz

Banned
Ferrio said:
Big difference there pal.

First of all, those series you just listed have new games released in regular intervals and have been on the scene way less of a timeframe than Street Fighter has.

Second, Street Fighter has done more milking so we've been exposed to these current characters, and SFII gameplay alot more compared to all those other series.

Lastly, go play Tekken 5 and tell me it plays like Tekken 2.

Doesn't matter. The core moves are still there with slight modifications and new additions in each sequel/variant.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Ferrio said:

Hmm.. I guess with me, its not so much the characters in the game but what you can do with the gameplay itself. I see a lot of possibilities with the Focus Attack. throw in the EX moves with each character, and potentially 4 brand new characters, thats a pretty good start. Like Ive said before, SF3:NG was a pretty pathetic start when you put it next to SFIV.

I think what we're looking at with this game is the best of both worlds, old school and new.

drohne said:
i thought it was the other m. bison who was in sf4. capcom usa just needs to start using the original names, like square started using the original numbers with ff7
Then the former fanbase they're banking on returning for this installment won't understand.

shuri

Banned
The lack of parrying really makes the game feel like an updated ss2t. My interest is really going down the drain, everytime I see a new video . Just add it back, for gods sake :(.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
shuri said:
The lack of parrying really makes the game feel like an updated ss2t. My interest is really going down the drain. Just add it back, for gods sake :(

Did you watch that video I posted on the previous page? You should take a look at the focus attack and see how it can be used for similar purposes.

Top Bottom