• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter pads from MadCatz

thirty

Banned
any impressions yet? i'd really like to pre-order.
41EneU-i-5L._SS500_.jpg

btw, it burns me that the 360 pads are wired while the ps3 pads are wireless. fk MS for still imposing their "no wireless 3rd party" policy. that reason alone makes me wanna buy a ps3.

KaosAngel

Banned
Just buy a damn stick or use the PS3 controller...you can get a cheap stick for 2000円 and then buy the arcade parts for 2000円. Mod the stick if you need to.

Don't waste money on crap you know won't help you in the long run. The DS3 is a decent controller of SSF2THDR and I use my own modded stick.

I'm sorry, but I don't like that MadCatz controller...Hori should've made the controller.

thirty

Banned
KaosAngel said:
Just buy a damn stick or use the PS3 controller...you can get a cheap stick for 2000円 and then buy the arcade parts for 2000円. Mod the stick if you need to.

Don't waste money on crap you know won't help you in the long run. The DS3 is a decent controller of SSF2THDR and I use my own modded stick.

I'm sorry, but I don't like that MadCatz controller...Hori should've made the controller.
some of use prefer a pad. i have a stick already but it's sometimes a hassle to always position it and posture up for correct play. with a pad i can lie in bed and play fatigue free.

btw, i'm not a fattie.

Skilletor

KaosAngel said:

6 buttons on the face of the pad > 4 buttons on the face of the pad

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
KaosAngel said:

Have you used this pad? Got any impressions?

6 buttons on the face plus a Saturn-like d-pad shits on any default pad out there, so has the potential to be a great option for pad users. Not to mention to use for other games.

I really want to like those pads, but I have my doubts. MarkMan took a part in them and he likes Tekken.

Here's hoping they're not as shitty as that series.

Durante

Will either of them work with a PC? I have no interest in SF4 but I'd be very interested in a PC compatible pad with a great D-pad.

Linkzg said:
The main thing I want to know is if the wireless PS3 pad will also work on the PC or not.
Yeah, if they could provide Bluetooth drivers for that I'd buy 2 or 3.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
thirty said:
any impressions yet? i'd really like to pre-order.
41EneU-i-5L._SS500_.jpg

btw, it burns me that the 360 pads are wired while the ps3 pads are wireless. fk MS for still imposing their "no wireless 3rd party" policy. that reason alone makes me wanna buy a ps3.

Still not as good as a Saturn pad...

CO_Andy

According to a Shoryuken member it plays just like a Saturn controller from the D-pad to the mouse-click shoulder buttons.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
I'll pick up a few of them. :D

I wonder if you could swap the dpad out from these and put them on a 360 wireless pad...

Azih

CO_Andy said:
According to a Shoryuken member it plays just like a Saturn controller from the D-pad to the mouse-click shoulder buttons.
Daammmit, no want spend money.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
CO_Andy said:

When I got to use it I still felt the Saturn D-pad to be better... Its similar but still not the same.

Durante said:
Will either of them work with a PC? I have no interest in SF4 but I'd be very interested in a PC compatible pad with a great D-pad.

Yeah, if they could provide Bluetooth drivers for that I'd buy 2 or 3.
The Hori sticks for the 360 are also compatible with PC.

EDIT: Nvm, didn't see you wanted a d-pad instead.

Firestorm

CcrooK said:
Jesus christ, use the SFIV thread for gods sake!
I'm not interested in SFIV but I'm still interested in the pad for 360. I'd love to use it for 2D games... Price is a little high for my liking though.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Anyone know where I can get one from the UK.

Firestorm said:
I'm not interested in SFIV but I'm still interested in the pad for 360. I'd love to use it for 2D games... Price is a little high for my liking though.

I am curious as to why the 360 controller is $40 also since it's wired compared to the wireless PS3 one at the same cost

CO_Andy said:

That would blow my mind if true. It would be fantastic on the 360.

For PS3, you could use a Sega Saturn USB controller. The PS3 is friendly, it will accept many different inputs.

LowParry

Firestorm said:

You pay the price for what you love.

LowParry

acr0nym said:
true, but didn't feel the same. At least to me.

How long ago did you try them out? IF they are close to the Saturn feel, sure as hell beats any PS3 or 360 d-pad every way. Well worth the investment if you're a fighter gamer.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
CcrooK said:
How long ago did you try them out? IF they are close to the Saturn feel, sure as hell beats any PS3 or 360 d-pad every way. Well worth the investment if you're a fighter gamer.

ummm about a month ago, it didn't have the art on it yet. But yes, it is better than either ps3 or 360 pad for sure.

I'm hoping these are awesome and the 360 pad works with the PC. I'll get two if they do (I assume they will since the regular 360 wired pad works without a hitch).

Durante said:

I'm pretty sure MarkMan or somebody said that the 360 version was PC compatible just like the regular 360 pads. It's USB plug n go.

No word on the PS3 version, but I'd imagine that if it has the USB port for recharging (does it?) that it would work with existing PS3 drivers. Somebody will hack something together either way.

dock

saturnusb.jpg

This works fine on PS3, so long as you can cope with the wire. Otherwise use a Hori Stick or the Virtua Stick HG.

Don't buy a madcatz pad.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Jirotrom said:
I think those are the ones MarkMan is a part of, Im inclined to believe they are going to be good.

Yeah, I wouldn't be interested in ruining my GAF reputation if I were him.

Day 1 baby, day fucking one.

If the d-pad works well it will be worth it for me, I just wish there was a pure white or black version without the SF artwork all over it.

And wireless for 360 :/

Rufus

dock said:
saturnusb.jpg

This works fine on PS3, so long as you can cope with the wire. Otherwise use a Hori Stick or the Virtua Stick HG.
And they're still availible on eBay. Just search for "Sega USB" and you'll find lots. The prices are decent (actually, they're very good right now) as well.

dock said:
Don't buy a madcatz pad.
I'll hold my judgement until the retail version is in people's hands. We'll see if the build quality holds up.

Top Bottom