• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter pads from MadCatz

Buy.com still hasn't responded to the e-mail I sent them days ago about the status of the two 360 pads I preordered before then went into back order status.

Quixzlizx

Dandy said:
On the USB Saturn pad start is correctly mapped when it's plugged into a PS3. It works wonderfully.

My Saturn controller doesn't map properly when I plug it into my ps3. Both C and Z are kick buttons. Maybe I got a knockoff of a knockoff. :(

jts

...hate me...
Quixzlizx said:
My Saturn controller doesn't map properly when I plug it into my ps3. Both C and Z are kick buttons. Maybe I got a knockoff of a knockoff. :(
You know you can costumize the controls in-game right?

ryuen

I was really happy with my Ryu one, and I noticed a significant improvement in my SFHD game once I had the MadCatz controller in my possession. I was surprised to come up on a HRAP EX, so the controller is kind of just sitting there.

If anybody is interested, I'm willing to part with it at cost + shipping, or best offer.

Edit: It's the 360 version

Got one and really like it now. I can do anything, no problems.

Took some time to get used to, after 10 years of Saturn padding. If you have the 360 version and can't use stick, this is the way to go.

jergrah

Just got to use my Ryu one for the 360 last night for the first time - my friend found it at a small Gamestop in WV and mailed it off to me. So much better to play with it after struggling with the 360 controller. Pulling off specials, combos, ultras, etc are all pretty easy now - I actually won a ranked match :)

Quixzlizx said:

That is because Z = L2 and C = R2 while the shoulders = L1 and R1

control setup A in SF4 is set to the MadCatz stuff with R1 to HP and R2 to HK, L1 to P+P+P and L2 to K+K_K

you sir are getting K+K+K and HK on them with the default settings.

by 2009 I would assume that people would make use of custom control settings for different peripeherials

you should map the USB Saturn like this:
L2 = HP
R2 = HK
L1 = P+P+P
R1 = K+K+K

there is no problem

Young Nobleman Of Sadness said:
Grrr. The status of the item has changed to back ordered in gameshark.

When are those damn pads gonna come out?

I'd like to get a Chun Li pad, but I want to play SF IV properly NOW.

Should I get this, Gaf?

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dd-49-en-70-13qb.html

The blue Hori controller:
D-Pad is great for Pac-Man but the buttons not so much. i played lots of Virtua Fighter 5 and the buttons are average and shoulders suck.

You are better off with the Mad Catz pad instead for 6 face buttons

BitchTits

I really need to find a 360 version. My 360 pad's right bumper is fucked and it's inhibiting my Gen tactics (switching stances).

The D-pad looks big and horrible though, how does it feel? I suppose it's better than the 360 stock one even if it's not perfect.

Buy.com finally replied to my e-mail, and this is what they had to say...

Hello Leonard,

Thank you for your email regarding order #XXX.

According to our records, items # 210674150 and # 210674148 fall under
'Pre-Order'. This means that the publisher, studio or manufacturer has
yet to release the products.

We will send the items out as soon as they are available. The expected
release date for both items is on or around Mid-April 2009. An e-mail
will be sent when the item is shipped. Only then will your credit card
be billed.

Thank you for your patience.

Yeah right... fucking great. Yesterday my local GameStop got in another Chun-Li pad. I don't really want that one (hell, I already bought the same controller for my friend from the same GameStop), but I need something to play SF4 with!

gutter_trash said:
That is because Z = L2 and C = R2 while the shoulders = L1 and R1

control setup A in SF4 is set to the MadCatz stuff with R1 to HP and R2 to HK, L1 to P+P+P and L2 to K+K_K

you sir are getting K+K+K and HK on them with the default settings.

by 2009 I would assume that people would make use of custom control settings for different peripeherials

you should map the USB Saturn like this:
L2 = HP
R2 = HK
L1 = P+P+P
R1 = K+K+K

there is no problem

Yep, took me a few tries in practice mode to realize how my buttons were originally mapped when I first plugged in my Saturn pad. My set-up's the same as above except that I have L1/R1 reversed.

ryuen said:
I was really happy with my Ryu one, and I noticed a significant improvement in my SFHD game once I had the MadCatz controller in my possession. I was surprised to come up on a HRAP EX, so the controller is kind of just sitting there.

If anybody is interested, I'm willing to part with it at cost + shipping, or best offer.

Edit: It's the 360 version

How's $32?

By the way, are the fightsticks absolutely out of production?

I'm happy with my 360 fightpad but the mike input is messed up. My wired mike works fine, but the wireless doesn't work because somehow my Xbox360 thinks that there is a mike connected constantly. So if I try to use the wireless mike it puts it on the player 2 port.

Does anyone have the same problem? Can it be fixed easily?

Fantasmo

So I already own a Chun Li PS3 Fightpad and it works great so I ordered another.

A PS3 Ryu Fightpad... defective. The controller directional gets stuck moving in 1 direction or works intermittently. The buttons work when they feel like working.

I'm sending it back to Mad Catz for repair/replacement, and not only do I have to wait 4-6 weeks just for processing, but I'm expected to pay to ship it to them? I went back and forth with the Tech Support guy but he stood by the "we don't cover all shipping costs" company mantra.

I paid full price, and it was broken right out of the package... I might just return it to Best Buy and get my money back then buy a USB Saturn Pad.

Either way, big strike against Mad Catz, I'll think twice before buying their products!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Finally found one of these for the 360. It functions fine (no inputs getting stuck or other defects that other posters are reporting), but some of the design leaves me scratching my head. Who on earth thought it was a good idea to put so much distance between the top of the d-pad and the board contacts? Reminds me of the Dreamcast controller's d-pad in that respect, and it means I have to push the damn thing farther in order to make sure that it hits the edge and registers diagonals correctly every time. I also have to reach further with my right thumb to hit the face buttons than I'd like to, but it's not a huge problem. Just takes a little getting used to I guess.

It's still a significant improvement over the stock 360 pad, and I needed a second controller anyway, so it's hard to complain too much.

Naka

It looks like some of the bigger gamestop stores are getting some of these in stock. My friend found one at the mall near our office yesterday so I decided to call around to all the other gamestops. None of the strip mall stores had them but two other mall stores both had gotten at least 1 in. I was able to pick myself up a Ryu one. I am definitely pleased with how this pad performs and will tide me over until I can find a decent arcade stick.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I loved it while I was using it....till two buttons jammed. Instead of having to work it out the hard way, I'm just having someone I know attempt to fix it.

Neo_ZX

akachan ningen said:
wtf, if doesn't even use bluetooth :lol madcatz reliability strikes again.

Argh my PS3 Ken pad has been randomly disconnecting as well since I got it. Sometimes the d/c lasts up to a few seconds on fully charged Eneloops. I bought a Ryu pad too but now I may end up taking it back. I had so much hope but maybe I should have expected this coming from Mad Catz. Fooled again.

Top Bottom