• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition Leaked?

Blueblur1

Going by Ryce's suggested list I'd pick the following:

Sagat
Sakura
Cody
Makoto
Sodom
Gill

The only one I don't feel strong about is Gill.

Rymuth

Season 3 - all SF2 chars
Season 4 - all Final Fight chars
Season 5 - all Rival school chars because ffs, Capcom

Soulstar

Itsuno really wants a new RS maybe he can pull some strings and make it happen.And everything Mak does Laura does better. Don't expect her back.

I really don't think they are much alike. Also Laura wishes she could do some of the things Makoto could do in Third Strike.

Buff Chun-Li
chun_li_begins_again_by_ripped_pixels-d5bi9ng.jpg

Done and done

Devid905

My guess/wishlist for Season 3:

- Sagat
- Sakura
- Rose
- Abel (already present in cinematic story mode)
- Dee Jay (I know this is an unpopular pick, but the game need more dark-skinned character and a charged character)
- Sean (again, dark-skinned and he's already present in cinematic story mode)

Neoxon

My guess/wishlist for Season 3:

- Sagat
- Sakura
- Rose
- Abel (already present in cinematic story mode)
- Dee Jay (I know this is an unpopular pick, but the game need more dark-skinned character and a charged character)
- Sean (again, dark-skinned and he's already present in cinematic story mode)
Being in the story doesn’t really matter since, as shown by Kolin & Ed, Capcom’s gonna redo the model from scratch either way.

Village

Makoto's already in the game. She got cornrows now.

Don't you compare laura to makoto

I wish Laura was as cool as mokoto

No seriously I wish, I think she has potential but they made her this dense annoying anime girl with a basic ass personality. Like we rebooted laura's personality and some of her costumes I would use the shit out of her.

Also They don't play the same. But mostly I actually wish Lura was as cool as makoto

cordy

Banned
Haven't played since Akuma dropped so with that said if this is true I might get in. Who knows. I only want Sakura and Sagat and had they been in the base roster w/ arcade mode I'd probably still be playing to this day.

Hopefully they do the right thing and give Sakura a traditional fighting outfit and have her schoolgirl outfit be paid DLC. That's smart money.

JusDoIt

Don't you compare laura to makoto

I wish Laura was as cool as mokoto

No seriously I wish, I think she has potential but they made her this dense annoying anime girl with a basic ass personality. Like we rebooted laura's personality and some of her costumes I would use the shit out of her.

Also They don't play the same. But mostly I actually wish Lura was as cool as makoto

If Makoto was handled by SFV's writers she would seem basic and dumb too.

You actually can purchase the game and all the dlc characters for $80 (I think?) at least digitally on PSN. I wouldn't pay that price for anyone interested though, it's been slashed to $40 or $45 at least once a month I think.

The 2017 deluxe edition (base game plus 2 seasons of characters) has been on sale for under 60 at least twice on Steam and PS4 in the last few months.

Right. Those are sale prices though.

The regular value, basically the MSRP, is 80.

Which is already above what is acceptable for a retail release.

My argument here isn't that the consumer can't get all the content at a better bargain than what they're asking. I'm saying that at this point in time, Capcom's determined value for the game + two additional seasons of characters is 80 dollars. So I don't see how you get to the game + 3 additional season of characters being 60 or less at retail. It doesn't make sense given how Capcom currently values their game at this point in time. The price has RISEN since release to accommodate the new content. Why would they drop it now to accommodate a SKU that's less profitable for them overall? Especially with how slowly they moved units of the original game at retail.

It's not even just about the price vs deluxe. Selling all the characters in a cheaper set also makes buying them individually less ideal. and the whole point of the CFN model is to generate revenue long term with digital sales.

Putting all of it on a disk just doesn't make any sense for CFN. It's taking all their most valuable content out of an ecosystem they control and putting it out for cheaper at retail, where they can't control the price at all. Why buy a single character for 6 dollars when in a couple months you'll be able to get the whole game and entire roster for 20 after the price bottoms out?

That on top of a completely free overhaul of the entire game for existing users just seems.......uncharacteristically altruistic for this company lol. I don't see it. Not from the people that tried to sell us gems in SfxT.

Top Bottom