• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition Leaked?

Skilletor

It's not even just about the price vs deluxe. Selling all the characters in a cheaper set also makes buying them individually less ideal. and the whole point of the CFN model is to generate revenue long term with digital sales.

Putting all of it on a disk just doesn't make any sense for CFN. It's taking all their most valuable content out of an ecosystem they control and putting it out for cheaper at retail, where they can't control the price at all. Why buy a single character for 6 dollars when in a couple months you'll be able to get the whole game and entire roster for 20 after the price bottoms out?

That on top of a completely free overhaul of the entire game for existing users just seems.......uncharacteristically altruistic for this company lol. I don't see it. Not from the people that tried to sell us gems in SfxT.

But...if you give people incentive to buy the disc, you get more people to buy outfits and other shit.

It's only uncharacteristic if you ignore how they've handled sf since sfxt.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Basically. That's why I don't understand how people get so hung up on characterizations in SF.

because the characters are distinct and have their basic backstories that have been supplemented by external material like movies, anime, comics ect

Will my beloved Team Battle Mode come back in this edition? Every fighting game got rid of it, Tekken, Street Fighter, Soulcalibur...

JusDoIt

because the characters are distinct and have their basic backstories that have been supplemented by external material like movies, anime, comics ect

But none of it has ever been any good, though.

I'm a lifelong SF fan. I might even be more of an SF fan in particular than a fighting game fan in general. There's a lot stylistically I admire about the franchise, but the storytelling has always been an afterthought. It's always been inconsistent and shallow. And that's fine.

pHand

Why aren't the characters just colored wireframes?
Cycloid γ confirmed.

ex20.jpg

Sorry, I don't get it.
What exactly is the arcade edition and what is different?

Season 3 of SFV, released at retail and replacing the SFV that is currently available, with additions including an Arcade Mode.

People who own SFV would receive it as an update, just as they did for Season 2 and other smaller changes.

If true, of course.

Season 3 of SFV, released at retail and replacing the SFV that is currently available, with additions including an Arcade Mode.

People who own SFV would receive it as an update, just as they did for Season 2 and other smaller changes.

If true, of course.

Oh....really?

Hhmmm if true how can I delete my current save and would the server honor me more FM by redoing characters. Easy, normal survival modes? All this easy Fm would guarantee me all the fm to buy new character and costumes :D

kikiribu

Oh....really?

Hhmmm if true how can I delete my current save and would the server honor me more FM by redoing characters. Easy, normal survival modes? All this easy Fm would guarantee me all the fm to buy new character and costumes :D
No because the server already has records of you receiving the Fight Money. You could always just make another PSN account if you want fast money to get other things you'd like to try.

Asbel

Recently bought V for $16. If Arcade is pricey like Deluxe, think I'm good. Can just wait for sales on season passes.

delSai

All i ask for is a new 360 motion grappler.

I'm totally expecting to not enjoy S3 characters, just like S2. Oh well, at least an arcade mode should mean more Fight Money can be earned.

oldmario

It’ll probably be $40, which still wouldn’t be lower than the $16 he paid.

only using a comparison as a price point, RE7 Gold edition is the same price on shopto and with that being $50 in america i'm guessing SFV:AE will be $50 in america too

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
But none of it has ever been any good, though.

I'm a lifelong SF fan. I might even be more of an SF fan in particular than a fighting game fan in general. There's a lot stylistically I admire about the franchise, but the storytelling has always been an afterthought. It's always been inconsistent and shallow. And that's fine.

doesn't have to be particularly 'good' to be investing. a lot of people are into tekken lore and story and that's a pretty low bar as well.

Top Bottom