• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Beta 2 Thread: Welcome, future 21007s! Now on PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
I hope final release will see a lot of newcomers because so far I haven't won a single round.

so using Laura for this beta... Her st.MP to st.MK doesn't connect to any specials or anything ? Really hard finding combos lol

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";189767591]I don't think she's really a combo character. Just keep up pressure strings and look for the command grabs.

Get the knockdown and use ex fireball for mixups.[/QUOTE]

Yea I noticed the way that I was trying to play her wasn't working all too well. Her tick throws aren't that great (maybe slow start up on her command throw?) Not as good as Mika's at least. Doesn't have too many links either.

Mixups? We got those

Get jabbed out of it damn near every time? We haven't found an answer to those yet

Laws00

I wish Laura had something else in her arsenal.

That something I don't know what it is but she need something to make her feel more complete.

whew what a morning... probably put about 3 hours into Laura, 3 hours into Birdie.

I kind of already knew Laura wasn't going to be for me... I've never liked Abel- but I really liked Poison. She gets destroyed pretty bad by fireball spam... when most of the cast has a definitive answer for that, it's a glaring hole in her moveset.

I also had a lot of trouble converting any decent damage off of blocked stuff that's punishable with with jabs. Most of the Laura's I played against were pretty gimmicky... going to V-skill dash into throw... pretty easy to shut her down if you just constantly rush her down and mash jabs.

Her anti-air HP throw is no joke though... I had a Cammy try to raw CA and I beat her clean with that move... wasn't even EX. Her combos off of V-trigger activation are also ridiculously easy and do a truckload of damage... if you open up your opponent first.

Birdie gimmicks are fun too... most people have no clue how to deal with him since he's the least played character so far. MP canceled into his close jump throw or his anti air chain grab kept people guessing all morning.

so using Laura for this beta... Her st.MP to st.MK doesn't connect to any specials or anything ? Really hard finding combos lol

You can cancel into V-trigger off her target combo and either go for punch into hit grab or you can even CA if you have the meter.

Yea I noticed the way that I was trying to play her wasn't working all too well. Her tick throws aren't that great (maybe slow start up on her command throw?) Not as good as Mika's at least. Doesn't have too many links either.

Mixups? We got those

Get jabbed out of it damn near every time? We haven't found an answer to those yet

Yeah that's the main problem I'm having staying in

emag

Either there is an issue with the servers or people are purposely disconnecting before I can receive credit for my wins. This is coming from both PC and PS4 players. Hopefully it's a server issue.

Seeing the same thing. Probably a server issue.

I stuck with Ryu and Necalli this morning. I haven't enjoyed playing Ryu after SF2 and I don't particularly like him here, but it's important to understand how characters work.

I enjoyed playing Necalli a lot more this morning than in Beta 2, and I'm not sure as to the reason. Maybe I'm a little more comfortable with him or maybe his moves have been buffed. I had trouble against a couple Laura players who got in my face but knew to bait my DPs, but otherwise I had a lot of success. Need some better punishes than normal->LK stomp/any DP/LP disk, though. And I don't quite get when I would use his V-Skill (except on opponent's wake-up to build meter).

vulva

whew what a morning... probably put about 3 hours into Laura, 3 hours into Birdie.

I kind of already knew Laura wasn't going to be for me... I've never liked Abel- but I really liked Poison. She gets destroyed pretty bad by fireball spam... when most of the cast has a definitive answer for that, it's a glaring hole in her moveset.

I also had a lot of trouble converting any decent damage off of blocked stuff that's punishable with with jabs. Most of the Laura's I played against were pretty gimmicky... going to V-skill dash into throw... pretty easy to shut her down if you just constantly rush her down and mash jabs.

Her anti-air HP throw is no joke though... I had a Cammy try to raw CA and I beat her clean with that move... wasn't even EX. Her combos off of V-trigger activation are also ridiculously easy and do a truckload of damage... if you open up your opponent first.

Birdie gimmicks are fun too... most people have no clue how to deal with him since he's the least played character so far. MP canceled into his close jump throw or his anti air chain grab kept people guessing all morning.

You can cancel into V-trigger off her target combo and either go for punch into hit grab or you can even CA if you have the meter.
Laura has a fireball too. She'll lose the war but can at least prevent a situation where she's forced to take chip or jump. If they're straight up spamming then jump in for big damage.

They really like to screw up europeans with their shitty schedule, don't they ?

Hey, I got six and a half hours of glorious beta today because I booked the day off work.

Sucks for those that didn't, though.

Some obvious server issues - the game getting very confused about your win streak, who you fought recently etc. Also replays work, but you can't guarantee a match will be on the server.

I'd like two features to do with replays:

1. After a match, I'd like one of the options of what you'd like to do to be 'watch this match back' using the replay system. I rarely watch my replays (one of my big failings) and this would really help.
2. After pulling up a recent match, I'd like to immediately be able to watch it rather than go look for it in favourite replays after sending it there.

Capcom CM who is being payed to review feedback and reads this -pls? ;_;

ALSO: Thanks be to Ono that this game uses rollback netcode rather than latency inducing netcode. Every online match I had today was fun and allowed me to play at my best. Capcom showing NRS how it is done!

Morris

Disco Devil
Played SFV for the first time ever and gotta say it's really awkward having to get used to normals having no range at all. Managed to get a lil familiarized with Charlie and got him up to 1000+ points, I think I went on a good winning streak but eh, I'm not feeling it. I hope I can enjoy another character next time around...

Also what's up with the game asking for a name ID? I chose a different one than my PSN... Where are all those sweet rage mails going to go now? : (

V_Arnold

Laura has a fireball too. She'll lose the war but can at least prevent a situation where she's forced to take chip or jump. If they're straight up spamming then jump in for big damage.

No chip damage in this one, at least not that could kill, or has that been changed too?

I wish Laura had something else in her arsenal.

That something I don't know what it is but she need something to make her feel more complete.

I've heard/seen people say the same and I agree, she still feels a bit incomplete.

Off of the 4 hours that I played with her;

Better normal AA's.
More links.. maybe combo off her V-Skill?
Give her an option to do her ex command throw without the dash
Make her target combo more useful.. somehow

Wonko_C

Anyone got a spare Steam US beta invite? It's not for me, I wanted to gift mine to a friend who lives in the US but it's region locked to Latin America (Maybe even restricted to Mexico only? I dunno).

SephLuis

I was trying to figure out some combos with Laura, but was getting my ass handed over.

Now, I was back to my optimal game: mixup. Oh boy, she got those. A little too easy to stop her with jabs, but good enough to bait people and throw them around

FinKL

Laura's qcf elbow move has armor on EX. Can use that on reaction to get the knockdown and be at a range that HK will connect with. I've hit many crush counters this way trading with fireballs.

Pachimari

I'm so unlucky with this beta. I have played it one time. One. :(

Where's that post with those beautiful countdowns? I have to be on next time.

Has anybody checked to see if fuzzy guarding works? It's something that's been on my mind as a way to end a match once the opponent is in "chip range".

Not many characters have instant overheads, but a couple do. In previous betas I couldn't get it to work but I wasn't using all the characters.

Pachimari

For the new page:

BETA 3 START

t1450425600z1.png

START OF 10 HOUR MAINTENANCE
t1450454400z1.png

BETA RESUMES
t1450490400z1.png

START OF 10 HOUR MAINTENANCE
t1450576800z1.png

BETA RESUMES

t1450612800z1.png

BETA 3 ENDS
t1450677600z1.png

So it starts again at 3 in the morning here in Europe. Yeah, nope.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";189772466]This is why I say she's the sort of character you need to sit down and learn frame traps with. The mixups don't work unless you can convince your opponent to not mash.[/QUOTE]

Yea I didn't spend enough time figuring that out yet. I'm pretty sure she has options, just gotta find em.

Rocwell

Some miscellaneous Laura stuff I picked up:

If you hit s mp meaty you can combo cr mp off of it without a counter hit, presumably s mp as well. I couldn't get s hp to work. If you air reset with s mk and v dash under the opponent that puts you in a great position to mixup with meaty s mp or command throw.

You can combo into her command throws on crush counter. I don't think this is new and it's definitely not optimal damage but I found it interesting nonetheless.

She can do fuzzy guard setups on Birdie (and presumably other tall characters?) by doing jumping heavy and then jumping mk or lk which is actually kinda nice for closing out rounds since you get the additional 10 damage of gray health from the initial jump in.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";189773069]Has anybody checked to see if fuzzy guarding works? It's something that's been on my mind as a way to end a match once the opponent is in "chip range".

Not many characters have instant overheads, but a couple do. In previous betas I couldn't get it to work but I wasn't using all the characters.[/QUOTE]

Birdie is susceptible to fuzzy guards and in previous betas cammy could do instant overhead with j mp against him, not sure about the rest of the cast but I can say that fuzzy guard is in but character specific

Yea I didn't spend enough time figuring that out yet. I'm pretty sure she has options, just gotta find em.

This is why I'm not going to have any opinions about balancing or anything yet. We don't have a reliable understanding of the hitboxes or frame data and how all the characters line up, so asking for links or better cMKs or whatever doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I played a bit of Birdie before work this morning. So far, he's the most fun I've had with any character, so I'll be putting some time into him tonight.

People just don't know how to deal with his chains.

She can do fuzzy guard setups on Birdie (and presumably other tall characters?) by doing jumping heavy and then jumping mk or lk which is actually kinda nice for closing out rounds since you get the additional 10 damage of gray health from the initial jump in.

Birdie is susceptible to fuzzy guards and in previous betas cammy could do instant overhead with j mp against him, not sure about the rest of the cast but I can say that fuzzy guard is in but character specific

This is good info. I was worried that they removed fuzzy guards to line up with their philosophy of a more fair SF game. But fuzzy guards are relatively high risk so it's cool they kept them in.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
This game is going to be rough for a lot of people. I also think its going to end up being a lot more defensive than what people thought.

Does that still work? I thought they got rid of any links from cr.lk (thus removing any option of comboing from a low).

It's definitely there now. Probably to compensate for removing his links into mediums (lk > mp and lk > d+mp are both gone).

Also, in V-trigger, he can now do cr.lk > st.lk xx lp headbutt.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";189777941]"Why does Capcom keep giving every character a command grab?"[/QUOTE]

Command grabs

Command grabs everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom