• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Beta 2 Thread: Welcome, future 21007s! Now on PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickster

So, I'm not finding any opponent in training mode even though it says searching for opponents. Aynone else having the same issue?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Just installed the Beta and update. Been searching for a match for 10 minutes. Is there really no one playing? I'm in Japan and set my home as such. Everything set to "Any"...

T.O.P

Banned
There seems to be a problem with matchmaking, last 30 minutes I couldn't find anything, before that i was getting a match every 20 seconds

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Just installed the Beta and update. Been searching for a match for 10 minutes. Is there really no one playing? I'm in Japan and set my home as such. Everything set to "Any"...

If it's anything like the last beta, it's searching via the region you chose over the actual "any" matchmaking first. :/

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
There seems to be a problem with matchmaking, last 30 minutes I couldn't find anything, before that i was getting a match every 20 seconds

You're on the JP PS+ beta 3 right?

Glad it's not just me if that's the case.
Seemed strange that I wouldn't get a single match in Japan on the day it started!

Where can i download this beta? I entered the beta code on the psn store but it doesnt show up in my library. EU Germany.
Same. Gave a code to a friend. The code worked, but there is no download / no beta.
If he goes to the history in the psn webstore, it shows the beta, but you can not do anything.

Laura's crouch kick is good D:

That or Ryu's normals are wanting haha

It's the latter, it seems like every character in this game has a normal that reaches farther than Ryu. What's frustrating about this is that I can't even punish someone who is doing a unsafe sweep because they're doing it from max range and none of Ryu's normals will reach. But the same can't be said about Ryu's sweep which I believe is punishable no matter how far you are when your opponent blocks it.

Haeleos

I'm looking for a PC beta code. I have a PS4 beta code that I can trade for it, but I'd like to test it out to see if it runs well on PC. PM me if interested.

konjak

Well, as someone who was never a SF player really before now, being thrown out of training learning moves for the first time against those that already know their shit is... interesting, hah

I still do accidental fireballs, shoryukens and super moves with Ryu while wanting another, I'm not at the stage where I know combos for a while!

It's the latter, it seems like every character in this game has a normal that reaches farther than Ryu. What's frustrating about this is that I can't even punish someone who is doing a unsafe sweep because they're doing it from max range and none of Ryu's normals will reach. But the same can't be said about Ryu's sweep which I believe is punishable no matter how far you are when your opponent blocks it.

Ryu's sweep does move him forward.. that's about it. He's got T-Rex Arms for legs

ElFly

I have to wonder just how strong Ryu's parry is that they are terrified of giving him good normals.

Then again the recovery of the parry is ridic slow, so I don't know what the fuck.

Fought nothing but Ryu and Laura. Ran into one Cammy and a Necalli. Wasn't familiar with the match ups. Cammy seems pretty boss.

I also dislike Ryu's crouching hard kick.

Not crazy about how little time you get in training mode.

So are they going to load characters every day like the last time?

BadWolf

Well, as someone who was never a SF player really before now, being thrown out of training learning moves for the first time against those that already know their shit is... interesting, hah

I still do accidental fireballs, shoryukens and super moves with Ryu while wanting another, I'm not at the stage where I know combos for a while!

Going straight into playing against human opponents when new to SF will probably do more harm than good.

Just stick to arcade mode, when the full game comes out, and have fun while becoming more comfortable with the game.

"Why all these Ryus?"

Are you new to online Street Fighter? You will see more Ryus and Kens (when available) than anything else for quite some time.

Man, I keep getting matched up with the same guy. After winning like 5 matches in a row without dropping a round, I'm starting to feel bad for the guy as he's clearly not experienced.

konjak

Going straight into playing against human opponents when new to SF will probably do more harm than good.

Just stick to arcade mode, when the full game comes out, and have fun while becoming more comfortable with the game.

Well, sure, but I can't do that before release, right? I can udnerstand that Capcom want this beta to be about online play, after all.

RedEther

I played over 40 matches and lost probably 10 or so I'm gonna go to sleep and hope more characters get added when I get up.

Does Laura's m.p -> m.k translates into anything after that? Can't seem to combo it into anything at all

You can super after V-trigger, I also learned cancelable normals with good hitstun combined with VT cancelled into super is pretty useful.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Steam Controller bindings either aren't uploaded or they're partially uploaded. "SFV bindings by <blank>". And they're literally just the default controller settings. So much for "Steam Controller Support this beta!" Capcom. :/

Seijuro

My old nemesis, the training stage in online matches is back :-/ keep the soulles cube in practice mode people, let me see some sights /end rant

Despite all the nerfs I'm still having fun with Ryu. But I think that's partly attributed to the fact that I just enjoy the shoto play style. Regardless of that I'm legit having fun with the character in this new game. Two times I landed a perfectly timed denjin set up after CC sweep, landed some gimmicky fully charged EX fireball in V trigger mode, and landed a few meaty st. HP, V Trigger, DP. Feels pretty sweet right now. I still wish he was a little better because I still think he's lacking a bit. But I'll just make do with this if he stays this way.

I see that the lack of FADC hasn't stopped people from mashing DP on wake up.

Nor has that knowledge made me stop eating them.

Some things never change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom