• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Beta 2 Thread: Welcome, future 21007s! Now on PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left of the casual and ranked match options in the main menu is the message log. Check there.

Thanks.

You guys werent kidding about Laura. I did play quite a bit at a game event but that was due to rubbish players. It is very difficult to create an opening with her and her anti air is really bad. Think I will go practice with Necalli now.

Clawww

The way they set up menus atm is horrible and needs to be changed asap.

Why do I need to go down 2 times to leave a game after the match.

Why do I need to go down 3 times after leaving the match to requeue into matchmaking?

Fix that shit.

100%

also I don't like the navigation/UI for the fight profiles and stuff. I don't know, the overall presentation is super underwhelming in general.

BETA 3 START

t1450425600z1.png

START OF 10 HOUR MAINTENANCE
t1450454400z1.png

BETA RESUMES
t1450490400z1.png

START OF 10 HOUR MAINTENANCE
t1450576800z1.png

BETA RESUMES

t1450612800z1.png

BETA 3 ENDS
t1450677600z1.png

Thank you!

But I'll only be able to play it tomorrow... ffs capcom.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The more I play Laura, the more I feel like she's a character made to work with THIS GAME'S SYSTEMS. Her normals are crappy range, but if you use the right priority, and death out other opponents versions, she's got options for days. Her chargable projectile is great for stopping jumps, throwing off counter hit pressure, or using the EX to get resets into High/low, or staggered projectile mixups. Her f+HP, HP is a great thing to punish whiffed DPs with a counter hit if you can read them. She's mobile, and her best defense is movement and offense at times.

I still wouldn't mind some more synergy for her normals, but she's great fun when she clicks. Noone expects her to grapple, back dash into an overhead, or for her AA projectile stuff to stay out as long as it does.

I can barely get 10s of practice time before another match pops.

Is there a way to stop match-finding during training?

Turn on Record for the other side (As if you want the dummy to repeat an action, not system recording.). That character should be the one you want to play. It won't put you in a match as long as you record.

def sim

I can't stay in training mode on PC. The matches come right after the other and all run super damn well. I'm very impressed.

Ferrio

Banned
Well I'm done for the night.

Didn't do too bad with Laura, but didn't fight many good people. Did fight like a rank 9 Nash or something that tore me to bits. J-dog or something i forget.

Alchemist

Even after the nerfs Cammy's still fun to play. Need more time with Laura but I see potential in character.

Hoping we get Karin and Chun before the end, too.

Oh it doesn't work with keyboard? It seems it isn't even possible to navigate the menu with keyboard. What are the keyboard controls please?

Okingjrr

The game runs so smoothly on PC, it's amazing. (Barring people with terrible connections)
Too bad I'm terrible at the game and can't practice for more than 20 seconds.

Ferrio

Banned
Not sold on Laura's vskill even though I'm not doing bad with it. I just get the feeling when I start facing people who know what they're doing I'll get punished hard.

A decent poke is all they need.

Also her vtrigger is the lamest in the game. It's so boring.

Pachimari

What's up with this? I'm at the title screen, and it says the beta will now start downloading the update. There's a button that says "close" which I can not press. What am I supposed to do?

Ilmyr

I chose a player-id in the 2nd beta already, now i can choose another. So those id's we pick now are still not final?

Situacao

Anybody knows how the beta invites work? Want to invite some friends but dunno how.

Also, tried two matches in the morning. One was flawless and one was laggy as hell. However, despite being laggy it was still playable, as the lag only manifested itself during the animations of my opponent, so I'm optimistic for the final release.

MadGear

I'm really disappointed that there are still so limited control options on PC (XInput only, no proper Keyboard support). I remapped my buttons using autohotkey but I would prefer them to at least expose the keyboard bindings in an ini file. Well, at least the input lag I experienced during the last beta seems no longer present for me.

My online experience has been mixed so far. Some matches run great, while others appear to be running with constant rollbacks. Its sad that so many seem to pick the SFV logo as their region, this way its hard to tell if these issues are because of long distances or other reasons.

I'm really disappointed that there are still so limited control options on PC (XInput only, no proper Keyboard support). I remapped my buttons using autohotkey but I would prefer them to at least expose the keyboard bindings in an ini file. Well, at least the input lag I experienced during the last beta seems no longer present for me.

My online experience has been mixed so far. Some matches run great, while others appear to be running with constant rollbacks. Its sad that so many seem to pick the SFV logo as their region, this way its hard to tell if these issues are because of long distances or other reasons.

Yeah, I was certain my PS4 Hori stick would be working this time. FFS capcom

robo_qwop

Birdie:

Bull horn: You can now hold punches OR kicks before release.

Useful for a lot of reasons, but now you have access to buttons opposite those you've been holding.

So now combing into bullhorn from st. mp works. Whereas something like EX bullhorn had to be done raw for the armor point.

I'd call this a buff, if we're still on that topic...

C.lp > St. lp > 236P hasn't worked for a while and that still sucks.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Its sad that so many seem to pick the SFV logo as their region, this way its hard to tell if these issues are because of long distances or other reasons.

It's glitched out. Seems like people who were in the last stress test have lost their region designation for some reason.

BadWolf

Uploaded two good Laura matches I had. I had two really good matches that I really wanted to show off but it never saved on the recent matches list :/

Laura vs Cammy
Laura vs Nash

I was trying to upload some matches that show the potential of her ex. fireball.

Very nice play man, thanks.

Nobody seems to remember that v reversals exist.

This is a huge problem I see in pretty much everyone's play right now. People sit their just taking pressure even though they have a ton of V-gauge.

Rocwell

wtf I win 8 matches straight and can't send any match results to server or earn any points or fight money, I lose one game and that one goes through fine -_-

Coda

Nobody seems to remember that v reversals exist.

They're kind of the least useful mechanic in the game IMO. Uses a bar of V-gauge and only does grey damage. I mean they certainly can be useful in certain situations but overall it's usually more wise to just save up for V-trigger.

Tampinha

They're kind of the least useful mechanic in the game IMO. Uses a bar of V-gauge and only does grey damage. I mean they certainly can be useful in certain situations but overall it's usually more wise to just save up for V-trigger.

I disagree. Maybe it depends on the character, but as Laura, I don't really have many defensive options, and my V-Trigger is not that good (maybe I just don't know how to use it) so a V-Reversal is pretty useful.

BadWolf

Getting out of pressure easily is not useless.

Kalor

I've played about 10 matches so far and its been near perfect for me, though I've been against mostly other people in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom